devolution

Author Topic: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks  (Read 135299 times)

Offline Geron

Re: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks
« Reply #285 on: September 05, 2011, 04:15:18 PM »
Is there some sort of benefit to streetwalking that I don't know? 
Doesn't seem to earn more, doesn't seem to get more customers(I havn't really paid attention to this part), gets beat up more often(at least implied by the config) and doesn't adhere to brothel rules(previously).

Offline GonDra

« Reply #286 on: September 05, 2011, 08:58:41 PM »
Sure. (Generally speaking) what did you do to them?
Mostly small stuff, changing the height of some listboxes, making some buttons a bit smaller nothing really big but there there some buttons that overlapped and stuff like that. Stuff like changing that the Stats textbox is a tiny bit bigger, using a bit more of the space on the page etc.

The target was mostly less scrolling, and getting my ocd voice to shut up. (I just looked at the game screens and found two new things i want to change/fine-tune >.<)
I will play around with the row height a bit, if I find the time tommorow.
I had intended to actually look into the source a bit today but i got distracted while the svn update was running. Sadly I don't know if I will find time to do anything the next few days.

edit: made it a bit more readable
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 06:49:05 AM by GonDra »

Offline Anon21

« Reply #287 on: September 06, 2011, 04:01:48 AM »
Is there some sort of benefit to streetwalking that I don't know?

I haven't really looked into it.  One benefit (now) is that it isn't affected by the poor-accommodation rate cap because, obviously, they don't use the girl's room.  I think it's more for flavor than anything.

Offline ShikinamiFan91

« Reply #288 on: September 06, 2011, 04:52:44 AM »
I haven't really looked into it.  One benefit (now) is that it isn't affected by the poor-accommodation rate cap because, obviously, they don't use the girl's room.  I think it's more for flavor than anything.
I believe it was supposed to generate extra money as a trade off for being less safe.  As it is, it's just a different rape percentage from the config.

Offline sgb

« Reply #289 on: September 06, 2011, 11:18:17 PM »
There was a config setting to alter the income rates for in brothel and on the street, but it doesn't seem to work.  I tried tripling the street income and noticed no difference.  Either it doesn't work, or it just doesn't report the bonus income properly.

Offline ShikinamiFan91

« Reply #290 on: September 07, 2011, 01:50:20 PM »
There was a config setting to alter the income rates for in brothel and on the street, but it doesn't seem to work.  I tried tripling the street income and noticed no difference.  Either it doesn't work, or it just doesn't report the bonus income properly.

Hmmm...I'll have to test that, because I do think it matters.  I was playing with the percentages and dropped matron wages to 0, while increasing expenses to 15x, and income to 10x.  It was really just playing with the stuff to see what changed, but there were definitely noticeable changes.  (I wouldn't recommend actually playing with those percentages, I dropped three brothels before giving in and just using a Test brothel).

Offline Geron

« Reply #291 on: September 07, 2011, 04:19:12 PM »
Matron and other stuff in its category like goons and slave prices are expenses.  That whole area pretty much works.

Income adjustment, like brothel and streetwalking price changes do not work.

Offline RyuKaze

« Reply #292 on: September 09, 2011, 05:23:29 AM »
Don't suppose someone could mirror these tweaked versions and there updates on a download sight that doesn't push them off in a week or less, could they?
205 pages of links on http://www.dotup.org and not a single 1977050.zip.html anywhere. Stopped at 1996153.jpg when I checked.

Offline sgb

« Reply #293 on: September 09, 2011, 08:59:13 PM »
The reason he used that host is because you don't need the old versions, as it would cause version confusion.  You only need the latest update.

Offline Noddung

« Reply #294 on: September 11, 2011, 06:13:41 AM »
Hi could Someone upload the latest version the link in the OP doesn't work

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #295 on: September 12, 2011, 07:13:32 PM »
latest version is hosted by me in an earlier post, will be until I get asked/told to remove it or there is another update.

Offline NWN12

• I am who
« Reply #296 on: September 14, 2011, 04:31:46 AM »
error 404

Offline E.

• Till the end of Eternity.
« Reply #297 on: September 15, 2011, 02:17:22 PM »
I think this game needs some more flavor text.

Offline ShikinamiFan91

« Reply #298 on: September 16, 2011, 01:37:49 AM »
I think this game needs some more flavor text.
If you're willing to try your hand at some writing, I'm sure Anon21 would love to see what you have.

He posted a thread here that you could post some ideas in.

Offline E.

• Till the end of Eternity.
« Reply #299 on: September 16, 2011, 11:04:27 AM »
If you're willing to try your hand at some writing, I'm sure Anon21 would love to see what you have.

He posted a thread here that you could post some ideas in.

My English is not really good enough... being French and stuff... my sex related vocabulary is rather small.