devolution

Author Topic: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks  (Read 135289 times)

Offline Greine

Re: Interface changes and other misc. minor tweaks
« Reply #315 on: September 23, 2011, 03:20:57 AM »
Is there any chance someone could host this as a complete build someplace, or could post a complete build of the revision it's based on anywhere? I'm a noob and I'm not entirely sure how to properly build the stuff I find in the source directory into a working executable game. I'm using Visual Studio, but it's not quite working.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #316 on: September 23, 2011, 03:25:02 AM »
Is there any chance someone could host this as a complete build someplace, or could post a complete build of the revision it's based on anywhere? I'm a noob and I'm not entirely sure how to properly build the stuff I find in the source directory into a working executable game. I'm using Visual Studio, but it's not quite working.

You don't need to build it. The .exe is in there. You do need to have a full version of the official game installed first, though. (There's a download link somewhere)

Offline Greine

« Reply #317 on: September 23, 2011, 04:20:13 AM »
So, this can be dropped on top of the official release version here on the site? v1.30 r593?

Offline Anon21

« Reply #318 on: September 23, 2011, 06:01:41 AM »
So, this can be dropped on top of the official release version here on the site? v1.30 r593?
I believe so. You don't need the source directory contents, but the rest should be copied over the top of the official release and it should work OK.

N.B. You can set a bunch of preferences in the config.xml file and there are a couple of alternative files for different screen sizes.

Offline drake

« Reply #319 on: September 25, 2011, 08:41:24 PM »
could somebody post the cGirlGangFight.cpp file, the SVN server appears to be down and I can't compile without it and none of the updates I have seem to have it

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #320 on: September 25, 2011, 11:09:34 PM »
Official and not Anon21's mod right? Attached it to this post.
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline drake

« Reply #321 on: September 25, 2011, 11:29:56 PM »
Thanks

Offline Talonine

« Reply #322 on: September 26, 2011, 10:25:01 AM »
This update causes my game to crash on the first screen before anything even pops up on it.

Offline Nex Crimen

« Reply #323 on: October 01, 2011, 09:33:34 AM »
This update causes my game to crash on the first screen before anything even pops up on it.
Ok first have you tried using the official release or just jump straight to the mod? Does you computer give you a error message?
What screen mode are you running the game in? also what is your screen resolution, and finally are you using any screen packs? (including the ones packaged with the mod)

Answer these questions and I might be able to help.

Offline frozen_ghost

« Reply #324 on: October 01, 2011, 11:02:17 AM »
Since the last update, I've been seeing an extremely randomized, yet frequent freeze/crash, when going from one menu, to another. ( clicking on dungeon menu, after being on girl management screen.

Few ideas/opinions; Still too easy to overload brothel with monster girls. Chance for acquisition of monster girls should be reduced a bit more, and chance for gaining 2 monster girls at once should be removed entirely.
The setup on catacomb difficulty is just about perfect. The catacombs now live-up to their reputation.
Can a similar set-up be applied to beast capture? Chance for pregnancy if defeated/raped while beast hunting?

Offline daxiang4

« Reply #325 on: October 03, 2011, 02:35:42 AM »
Great job, anon21!
I reworked a little interface layout for 1366x768 resolution for my note - smaller fonts, buttons, no borders, better usage of screen space. Still it has a few glithes with large text descriptions, but it's 100% playable and fits better for me.

One question. I adjusted row height for list boxes on girl management, dungeon etc screens and all was fine, but it was unable for me to modify this for summary screen. Am I doing smth wrong or its impossible?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 04:11:15 AM by daxiang4 »

Offline Uriel

« Reply #326 on: October 03, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »
Teh summary iz hardcoded.

Offline Nex Crimen

« Reply #327 on: October 04, 2011, 05:44:41 PM »

One question. I adjusted row height for list boxes on girl management, dungeon etc screens and all was fine, but it was unable for me to modify this for summary screen. Am I doing smth wrong or its impossible?

This is one hundred percent possible, you simply edit the values in the 'Summary.txt' found within the interface folder. Also as im feeling extra nice I've attached my own modified file (redone from the previous one) for the same res.

Offline alisaneko

« Reply #328 on: October 05, 2011, 01:44:45 PM »
can i get a upload of the latest version the main links broken, thanks :)
Alisa~

Offline Kitsune514

« Reply #329 on: October 06, 2011, 01:49:48 AM »
My game won't open after i downloaded this update. I had the original game installed before i touched this update, and it worked fine for me before as well. I'm using the original interface since any of the screen packs that came with the update are to big for my screen.

I'm rather lost as to what i need to do and would really like some help please.