devolution

Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 629409 times)

Offline _rhetorik_

Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #1080 on: October 29, 2016, 12:48:08 PM »
aevojoey,

I've seen a couple of your posts about a WM7 .... are you working on it?

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #1081 on: October 29, 2016, 01:03:47 PM »
I've seen a couple of your posts about a WM7 .... are you working on it?
Not really, its mostly just plans.
I have a bare bones program based off http://lazyfoo.net/tutorials/SDL/ but I have not really done anything to it yet.
Now that I am back at work, I will not have much time to work on it while still working on WM6.

If you have any suggestions I will take them.

(Just noticed this is my 1200th post)
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline _rhetorik_

« Reply #1082 on: October 29, 2016, 10:07:36 PM »
If you have any suggestions I will take them.

My suggestion would be to forget SDL and use Awesomium (http://www.awesomium.com/) as the interface. It is an embedded browser.

All the interface would be just html and javascript. The only diference is that we would add a special Javascript object with the (c++) game functions.

They have a tutorial explaining how to make this http://wiki.awesomium.com/tutorials/tutorial-3-hooking-up-events.html).

I've never worked with this library in c++ but i've done something similar in Python with Qt. The idea works really well.

Offline seden

« Reply #1083 on: November 03, 2016, 05:59:42 PM »
Bug :
In the menu of an individual girl, under the "Brothel Job Rating" :
Masseusse
Should be : Masseuse (I guess).

I also seen the chirurgical menu (general surgery >< cosmetic surgery) is still not corrected ?

Also, could it be possible to have the menu in the items transfert/purchased to class (by qty) the "items" category, this as to allow to find directly the one who do not have received a given equipment..

Offline seden

« Reply #1084 on: November 03, 2016, 10:08:52 PM »
The first version of the settings screen will only be available before starting a game.
Later versions will have less options but will be changeable during the game.
I will make a small description text for the first version and will expand on it for future versions.
Eventually it will be divided into groups that will be expandable from a side menu to make it much cleaner.

The eventual goal is to eliminate the need for WME and have everything available in the game itself.

Noted, quite looking forward for when it will be added in, [size=0px]although[/size], not sure when Ill start a new game (time spend being quite heavy as it is).

To be see, thanks as already said :)

Offline _rhetorik_

« Reply #1085 on: November 04, 2016, 04:48:38 PM »
Also, could it be possible to have the menu in the items transfert/purchased to class (by qty) the "items" category, this as to allow to find directly the one who do not have received a given equipment..

You just need to change the interface files. In the Itemmanagement_screen.xml find the line saying:

<Listbox name="OwnersRightList" or <Listbox name="OwnersLeftList"

after that just make sure the attributes later is those lines are like those here:

Events="true" Multi="false" ShowHeaders="true" HeaderDiv="true" HeaderClicksSort="true"

Reload the game and when you click the header it should sort by that column. Just be sure to have a backup :)

Offline blx

« Reply #1086 on: November 07, 2016, 08:39:13 AM »
If girl gives birth to more than one boy at a time, they grow up as a girls.

Offline seden

« Reply #1087 on: November 08, 2016, 07:54:38 PM »
Thanks _rhetorik_,

Although, as updating the game trough the svn (using the svn update software) there is no need to keep a backup of the original file.
In this case, keeping the edited file would be preferable (even if it will then be needed to check when updating if the file is changed).

Nota : in my version, it is the file in the Interface/J_1024x768/Itemmanagement_screen.xml who needed to be updated.

Curious is was not active by default, would there be a reason for that ?

This said, when having a lot of girls distributed among several locations, that list is quite painful, having the girls separated by location would be quite more efficient.

Guess Ive already said it (?) but the jeweler job need to be tweaked.

There is another on who do not have any result, Ill post about it when I next see it.

Otherwise, a topic with tweak like this one would be quite neat.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 08:04:14 PM by seden »

Offline _rhetorik_

« Reply #1088 on: November 09, 2016, 05:11:41 AM »

Nota : in my version, it is the file in the Interface/J_1024x768/Itemmanagement_screen.xml who needed to be updated.

Curious is was not active by default, would there be a reason for that ?

Guess Ive already said it (?) but the jeweler job need to be tweaked.

There is another on who do not have any result, Ill post about it when I next see it.

Otherwise, a topic with tweak like this one would be quite neat.

Yep, that was the file I was talking about.

Maybe we can add another column to that list with the girl location. This will probably need a new compilation.

The game interface is pretty rough and yet more complicated than it should be.

Joey has been updating the interface. Whenever he finishes it, I may submit some modifications to the default ui.

I've changed mine a lot to raise it to 1440x900.

I will see what I can do about the Jeweler thing .... But don't hold your breath.

Offline seden

« Reply #1089 on: November 09, 2016, 03:54:42 PM »
As practicing controlled breath over natation + auto hypnose (and some others) guess it would be possible, on some extends at last (3 mn on water, not sure otherwise, as it is quite different out of a closed off environnement (not like they are a lot of equipment available to check that).

The interface is correct as long you do not have to many girls in it.

On the girls location menu, it should be on a separated menu (side or under/upper from the items category selection area).

Jeweler, if it is not that there is a single item in the craft list, it would mean a code error ?

Anyway, progress is always good, hope the game get to see even more features.

Edit :

Since editing the interface file, I've several second of wait between an item transfer, so, I guess it is (?) a question of priority ?

Guess Ill go for a switch between the vanilla & edited file dependant of what Im doing, still.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 01:37:55 PM by seden »

Offline precursor

« Reply #1090 on: November 25, 2016, 04:36:23 PM »
Hi! If I change the font size in file "girl_details_screen.xml" string <Text     Name="GirlDescription"      Text=""                          XPos="8"   YPos="35"  Width="160" Height="425" FontSize="9" />  and press More Details "MoreButton" the game is crash.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 04:41:20 PM by precursor »

Offline _rhetorik_

« Reply #1091 on: November 25, 2016, 05:35:02 PM »
Hi! If I change the font size in file "girl_details_screen.xml" string <Text     Name="GirlDescription"      Text=""                          XPos="8"   YPos="35"  Width="160" Height="425" FontSize="9" />  and press More Details "MoreButton" the game is crash.

Yep. I've already made a pull request to Joey's repo with a fix for that a while ago but he hasn't released it yet.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #1092 on: November 27, 2016, 05:29:30 PM »
I have not had the energy to work on the game in a while.
The Settings page loads but does not do much at the moment, I think I will remove most of the stuff and just make it only do a couple of things instead of everything.

With a 4 day weekend I have been making "J_1920x1080" interface. It will be released with .06.02.39 because I have added a couple of changes that make it better. (I may get the Girl details on the Inventory Screen in soon.)
I just have the inventory, map and turn summary left to do and I should be done.

Sorting the inventory by any column other than name causes the game to slow because it fills the list and resorts it for each frame.
It would need to be majorly rewritten to make it work smoothly.

In the menu of an individual girl, under the "Brothel Job Rating" :
Masseusse
Should be : Masseuse (I guess).
Fixed

I also seen the chirurgical menu (general surgery >< cosmetic surgery) is still not corrected ?
I have changed all instances of "Physical Surgery" to "Cosmetic Surgery".

If girl gives birth to more than one boy at a time, they grow up as a girls.
Lol,  I will look into it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 06:34:07 PM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline zippy57

« Reply #1093 on: November 28, 2016, 12:51:02 PM »
Just updated to .06.02.39 from .06.29.38. The new version causes the Preg, Slave, and Rebel stats to spill out of the Girl Management window into the buttons, picture, and text on the right side of the list.

Offline _rhetorik_

« Reply #1094 on: November 28, 2016, 01:21:11 PM »
Just updated to .06.02.39 from .06.29.38. The new version causes the Preg, Slave, and Rebel stats to spill out of the Girl Management window into the buttons, picture, and text on the right side of the list.

In which interface mode?