Author Topic: Bugs 1.29.2 (megafix)  (Read 34935 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: Bugs 1.29.2 (megafix)
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2009, 06:12:41 PM »
I'm not sure if this is exactly a bug, but as far as I can tell having multiple gangs on guard duty has no effect.  Only one gang ever does anything; the others just ends up dying along with the first on the occasional "insta-kill" girl escapes.

Yeah. Found and fixed that one.  There's a loop that re-runs the combat as long as there are still goons alive to try and stop the girl. That's not unreasonable by itself. Trouble is, there's also a loop that if the girl wipes out the first gang, goes and gets the next one on duty.

What I did was to make it so that A) a girl could escape without wiping out a gang, and B) she only had to fight one on the way out. Also C) she got placed on the escapee list properly so you could get her back.  I'll see if I can get the fix merged into the next release.

[edit]

Didn't find the bug that lets cute harmless little girls suddenly turn into goon-slaying death-machines when trained assassins submit meekly before you, however. Which is arguably the more important issue.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 06:14:37 PM by DocClox »

Offline Command

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2009, 08:21:22 PM »
still having trouble with saves and pregnancy's.

I forgot if I posted about this earlier and I don't have time to check.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2009, 09:02:26 PM »
That is strange, could you post a save file next time it comes up.

Offline LordShame

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2009, 09:26:23 PM »
A) a girl could escape without wiping out a gang

Dude, make my day and tell me that's based on agility so I have a reason to mod in a ball-and-chain.  :D

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2009, 12:48:35 AM »
Currently the plan is that they get one round of combat. If she wins, but there are still surviving goons, she legs it while the goons are still regrouping. I could base it on agility, but then if her combat skills are high enough, your ball-and-chain becomes a device for ensuring Goon Genocide.

Thinking about it, there's no reason why she shouldn't encounter more than one gang on the way out. It'd just be nice if escaping girls left survivors in their wake so you didn't need to recruit an entire new army from scratch

Offline Rose

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2009, 01:02:10 AM »
Girls with the Incorporial trait sometimes die when giving birth to a beast. I'm guessing this is a programming oversight, since it's pretty hard to believe that a girl who is impervious to all physical harm would die from something like that...

On a related note... The name of the "Incorporial" trait should probably be changed to "impervious" or "immortal", both because "incorporeal" means "without physical form" and because the current name is misspelled anyway.
The truth is out there, but it's usually pretty boring, so people make up interesting lies instead.

Offline LordShame

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2009, 02:06:08 AM »
Currently the plan is that they get one round of combat. If she wins, but there are still surviving goons, she legs it while the goons are still regrouping. I could base it on agility, but then if her combat skills are high enough, your ball-and-chain becomes a device for ensuring Goon Genocide.

Oh, right. I was too happy to see a new (first?) purpose for a stat to realize that letting the girl go is probably doing my guys a favor.

Maybe there could be an intelligence and/or agility test to see if she can sneak away without fighting at all? I could see agile girls trying to leave quietly during the night, smart girls tricking your people into letting her go "for just a minute" (has the added bonus of giving purpose to the goons' intelligence stat as well), and strong girls just walking out and stabbing your guards in the face if they try to stop her (like they all do right now I suppose).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 02:08:42 AM by LordShame »

Offline letmein

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2009, 02:28:29 AM »
Yeah, you let the girl go, whereupon your gang immediately recaptures her the next turn...  I'm not sure if that's an actual bug, or just a terrible imbalance, but I've also never had a girl successfully evade capture long enough to get away.  Or, for that matter, evade capture for longer than one turn...

As for the nomenclature of "Incorporial", well, that's really an opinion call.  I figure it means the girl is, for lack of a better word, a ghost - but in such a way as to control how much they're physically "there".  That means no damage, but they can also become solid enough to do the rest of everything.  "Impervious" doesn't exactly mean the same thing, although it might work better anyway since it's much more obvious as to what the trait does.  I wouldn't use "immortal", since immortality has little or nothing to do with damage.  One may be immortal but still feel pain, or be able to be harmed.
Still lurking.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2009, 05:28:09 AM »
Oh, right. I was too happy to see a new (first?) purpose for a stat to realize that letting the girl go is probably doing my guys a favor.

Maybe there could be an intelligence and/or agility test to see if she can sneak away without fighting at all? I could see agile girls trying to leave quietly during the night, smart girls tricking your people into letting her go "for just a minute" (has the added bonus of giving purpose to the goons' intelligence stat as well), and strong girls just walking out and stabbing your guards in the face if they try to stop her (like they all do right now I suppose).

It's a thought. Test  the squad intelligence-vs-intelligence.

Incidentally, I'd go for a couple of items that lowered combat skills. Like an armbinder and leg-irons, maybe. So if they do decide to go ballistic, they do it at a disadvantage. Maybe a magic suppressing armband to go with it for the same reason.

[edit]

As for girls escaping, maybe it needs a %chance of recapture, probably based primarily around the gangs intelligence. Maybe with more than one gang having a better chance than just the one. Of course, if she just wiped out one or more gangs while escaping, it's questionable how they're going to bring her back in, anyway.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 05:31:24 AM by DocClox »

Offline sgb

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2009, 07:51:15 PM »
Just had a game seriously corrupted.  My save won't load, and the last autosave turned about 7 girls into blank dead girls.

Looked through the save the wouldn't load.  The problem seems to be that the rival gang data got erased/didn't get written.  In the non-working save the end of the file looks like:
9 0
CustNoPay.script
9 4
RivalLose.script
9 3
CustGambCheat.script
12 0 -5000
NoMoney.script

While I made I new game and saved it, the end of the file looked like this:
Scarred Avengers
200 5 10000 2 2 0 26 2
High Level Avengers
400 10 15000 2 2 1 30 3
West Coast Freaks
600 15 20000 3 3 1 56 5
West Coast Horrors
800 20 25000 4 4 2 74 8
0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 20 0 0 0
9 0
CustNoPay.script
9 4
RivalLose.script
9 3
CustGambCheat.script
12 0 -5000
NoMoney.script

Copying and pasting the missing data causes the other save to load once again.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 07:53:24 PM by sgb »

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2009, 08:08:09 PM »
Thank you for that info, I will look into when I can.  Right now me and DocClox are trying to get a few things taken care of for version 1.30 so this bug still might be in the next version.

Offline Command

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2009, 09:39:06 PM »
That is strange, could you post a save file next time it comes up.

I'm trying to get to that but a slight problem with the game crashing at random times is getting in the way.

Mainly if you leave it for a while and not click on a thing sometimes is will freeze and crash and other times clicking of stuff will cause it to crash.  I don't know what is it's problems I got it to run without crashing for long periods of time but lately I've been having roten luck.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2009, 09:54:11 PM »
Well, I will try to find the issue as soon as I can, since I now where I can start looking.

Offline sgb

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2009, 09:59:53 PM »
Couple interesting bugs:
-If you use a coat hanger when a girl is on week X of pregnancy, when she gets pregnant again the countdown will start on week X.  More interesting, all future pregnancies will start at week X instead of 38.  It's possible to abort at week 1 remaining and be able to have a new child every 5 weeks.  Actually kind of helpful for testing children, but still a bug.

-Custom items that add pregnancy or insemenation do not work.  The girl WILL get pregnant/inseminated, but the countdown will never change.  Aborting it and getting pregnant again normally works as normal after that.

-Player born children don't seem to be appearing.  I'm on year 3 1/2 in my game with several 'it's a girl' pregnanices that happened early on, but nothing yet.  Long long is it supposed to be again?  It makes testing daughters kind of hard if it takes several years for them to show up.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2009, 10:07:07 PM »
The coat hanger bug is easy to fix, the preg item bug, should not be that hard, as for the children it takes 60 weeks and they show up as captured girls in the dungeon, I need to fix that and change something else as well.