Game Editing And Additions > User Mods

Crazy and PP's mod bug thread

<< < (260/262) > >>

use-after-free:
(Necroing the Official Bug Report Thread ... because some threads needs to be necroed.)

Hello Crazy, and everybody else,

I ran into this crash (not everytime) when I opened the dungeon screen with a single girl there. I was running a local Debug|win32 build out of git (.06.04.01) compiled with the VS 2013 toolset -- so I had everything I needed to fix it myself; the patch is attached below. (If you prefer git pull requests instead, I'll go that way the next time.)

Feel free to push this fix to the upstream guys if you like.

use-after-free:
Hello again,

This patch fixes a sorting bug in the girl list -- sorting the 'Rebel' column as text would've worked if that pesky minus sign didn't mess things up. So in my patch I convert back to numeric values and sort on those. (I'm sure that that  can be done better somehow.)

Also, by pouring the list into a vector and using the standard sort algorithm, I get rid of a fair bit of complexity from the function, especially when it comes to pointer swizzling.

h1262216:
there hasn't been any development for the official version in some time. You might be interested to look at https://github.com/h1262216/crazys-wm-mod . In this fork, I'm trying to modernize and fix up a lot of the code. There are still some things missing, but most of the stuff in the official version works again by now.

use-after-free:
Thanks a lot!

And that sounds like a plan.

[Edit] And it seems you've removed those horrid hand-made C-style linked lists. Well done, sir!

use-after-free:
What would be the best way to submit patches to your fork?
I can clone and build the repository just fine; but I think I need to go through the GitHub web UI to do a pull request, and I can't find it there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version