Game Editing And Additions > User Mods

Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.04.01

<< < (3/206) > >>

crazy:
Ive seen a lot of good ideals for drugs over the years..  Best one I remember was been able to make and sell drugs.  In doing so u could get girls hooked on them and they would come work for u for drugs or cause they owed u drug money.  Of course this would be high risk stuff.  They also said have drugs as a way to make girls listen by if they dont work u cut them off of the drugs and if they work u give them drugs.

As for drug cure items.  I say up the cost of them and make them slightly rarer.  This is something I think we need to do to the surgery items cause as it is there is no reason to use the surgery jobs.  Items are cheap and easy to find.

Also maybe a girl that has been on drug should have a greater chance of turning back to drugs.  Instead of all girls having a higher chance.  Thats more or less how it works in RL in anyway.  Add a trait like "former addict" and if the girl goes to getting unhappy or maybe just have a like 5% chance or so they will turn back to drugs.

--- Quote from: Lurker on June 16, 2014, 11:07:13 PM ---This game needs some difficulty. Frankly I find it somewhat boring.

--- End quote ---
It can be.  My plan has always been to added to the game until I feel like it has enough then look at making it harder.  Honestly at this point I think that trying to make it harder is pointless we need to just look at ways to keep the player engaged in the game.  Cause everything we added is going mess with the balance and such.

Lurker:

--- Quote from: crazy on June 17, 2014, 01:08:05 AM --- Honestly at this point I think that trying to make it harder is pointless we need to just look at ways to keep the player engaged in the game.  Cause everything we added is going mess with the balance and such.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I'm sure you are right. However I'm sure you two will find a way. ^_^
I was likely a bit harsh, but getting bored with it was something that happen in the original game aswell, you dudes are the ones keeping my interest in it alive. However fiddling with the addication stuff is something that would add "difficulty" or something to do besides click next and swim in cash. xD I welcome some extra management, :D

Pashax2:

--- Quote from: Lurker on June 17, 2014, 02:02:02 AM ---Yeah, I'm sure you are right. However I'm sure you two will find a way. ^_^
I was likely a bit harsh, but getting bored with it was something that happen in the original game aswell, you dudes are the ones keeping my interest in it alive. However fiddling with the addication stuff is something that would add "difficulty" or something to do besides click next and swim in cash. xD I welcome some extra management, :D

--- End quote ---

Just adding complexity for the sake of it doesn't seem like a good idea to me. It just makes the player experience more frustrating, and while that might mean you spend longer with it it doesn't actually translate into an improvement in gameplay. What *I* would like to see is more decisions for the player to make. There should be advantages and disadvantages no matter what the player chooses, so that the choice isn't easy. Taking drugs as an example, here are some ideas.

* Choosing whether or not to get a girl (or a gang) addicted to drugs. Their stats will be affected, depending on the drug, but they might also start acting strangely.
* Choosing whether or not to start selling drugs to customers. This could change the type of customers that arrive, and also what they do if they can't get what they want. What will it do to your reputation?
* Choosing how you get your drugs. Do you buy them from other gangs (making your rivals richer and more powerful), visit reputable apothecaries in town (expensive and limited assortment), make them yourself (only if you have the expensive facilities and people who know how), import them from other cities (vulnerable to bandits and bad weather), or something else? Does this affect their availability and effectiveness?

You get the idea. Just making addictions harder to get rid of makes people want to avoid the whole issue, but if there are both risks and rewards then it might be worth dabbling in.

Lurker:
Sure. I get what you mean. But getting that small whatever advantage of a drug really doesnt matter at all. One girl performing abit better in a pool of 100 isn't really a big deal. The cash will keep rolling in. I agree with you though, more choices would be cool. Alot of work involved in that though.

Evangelion 01:
An Idea from the past I really liked was removeing the magic gain from "Combat raining" in the Arnea and add a Job called "study magic".
study magic should raise either magic or intelegence and has a chance to grant "strong magic" and/or "quick learner" trait.
To blanace it the student should loose some constitution while studying
Also I would suggest to make a girl on a surgery demand a higher income...dureing the surgery she will be treated with oilments and bandages and probably other stuff.
In reality a beauty surgery is quiet expensive aswell afterall.
You could also add a standard fee for every movie scene created in the studios...afterall they also require quiet some material (could be added to the girls pay either beeing the director or the ones produceing the actual scene).
Arena could also require some money for training equipment and entry fees for the combats (I think I read that you tried to imply that in the past already)
I don't know what exactly you got planned for the pennes/farm but maybe there is also some way to have some expences

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version