Game Editing And Additions > User Mods

Updates and Notes for Crazy's Mod --- Current Version .06.04.01

<< < (4/206) > >>

Anonemuss:
Something that really needs to be expanded: the Interaction script. That sh*t hasn't been updated in two years!

I'd like to see some of the features that are implemented but not fleshed out to be expanded upon, like the scripts. Regardless of possible bugs in doing so, it just breaks the flow of the game to come across "Script end for testing purposes"  and other test messages because the scripter didn't get rid of them before they were added.

I'm not saying the script is bad; it's wonderful! It just needs some work, is all.

PS - Is this the right thread for this post? Sorry if it isn't...

aevojoey:

--- Quote from: Anonemuss on June 18, 2014, 09:18:40 AM ---Something that really needs to be expanded: the Interaction script. That sh*t hasn't been updated in two years!

I'd like to see some of the features that are implemented but not fleshed out to be expanded upon, like the scripts. Regardless of possible bugs in doing so, it just breaks the flow of the game to come across "Script end for testing purposes"  and other test messages because the scripter didn't get rid of them before they were added.

I'm not saying the script is bad; it's wonderful! It just needs some work, is all.

--- End quote ---
I am not a writer, just a coder.
If I have the text of a story, I can make the code to play it out, but I have trouble actually creating the story.

Until I can go through the entire DefaultInteractDetails.script, for now I only removed the "End of Script text for testing purposes." line.

I will look at the how the code handles the script files and see if I can do anything to make it better.

Anyone know where the source code for the ScriptEdit.exe is?

--- Quote from: Anonemuss on June 18, 2014, 09:18:40 AM ---PS - Is this the right thread for this post? Sorry if it isn't...

--- End quote ---
It does not really matter where you post, it all gets read, but the red section of the first post on this thread has links to the suggested threads for what type of post you want to do.

BlackWolf Inc.:
I regards to writing, I did make a modified meetscript for the town and arena, so you could see if they're any good, might actually get back into script writing so I might be able to churn that sorta stuff out. (fingers crossed)

torrentsearcher:
whoa... what happened to the text in the menuboxes? grey on peppermint is not too kind on the eyes to read... where can that get changed back to black? u can basically read nothing!

aevojoey:

--- Quote from: torrentsearcher on June 20, 2014, 08:09:39 AM ---whoa... what happened to the text in the menuboxes? grey on peppermint is not too kind on the eyes to read... where can that get changed back to black? u can basically read nothing!

--- End quote ---
The green background color was added for "Good News" turn summary items in .05p.01.
The full notes are here - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=953.msg27858#msg27858

To change the color of the text in the menuboxes, you will need to edit your .\Resources\Interface\(interfacename)\InterfaceColors.txt
Find and change the line:

--- Code: ---0 0 0        LIST BOX FONT

--- End code ---
The first part of each line is 3 numbers, separated by spaces, from 0 to 255
0 0 0 is black
255 255 255 is white

If you want to get the numbers, use this - http://html-color-codes.info/#HTML_Color_Picker
The R,G,B numbers are the 3 numbers you need

Make a backup of your InterfaceColors.txt first incase you break it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version