devolution

Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619171 times)

Offline Gamo

• Sup Sup!
Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #225 on: May 25, 2014, 10:18:48 AM »
I do have every position filled in the studio acctresses to stage personnel

thank you for the fix i will play this evening and check it out.

Thank you Again
Gamo

Offline DancingWind

« Reply #226 on: May 27, 2014, 01:55:46 PM »
Hello,
I updated to your 05n.01 build and now my save ctd's on ending week. Here's my save if you could take a look whats wrong.
Also I noticed in previous build that if I mass brand slaves in dungeon and then mass sell them ending week would CTD, but if I mass sell, save, exit, reload no more ctd on week end.

Offline Evangelion 01

« Reply #227 on: May 27, 2014, 02:41:36 PM »
I found a strange bug in 0.5n
If you hire a girl via walk and her rebeliounis is to high she is placed in your dungeon...however if you enter her personal manage list she is handled as if in your brothel, slaves captured in the catacombs or taken from their families are displayed and handled correctly

Offline Gamo

• Sup Sup!
« Reply #228 on: May 27, 2014, 04:26:01 PM »
Hey all

So im having the end week crash again

I have reapplied all jobs and have updated to 5n.1

Thanks again
Gamo

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #229 on: May 27, 2014, 07:50:04 PM »
So im having the end week crash again
I have reapplied all jobs and have updated to 5n.1
You missed reassigning jobs in the house.

I updated to your 05n.01 build and now my save ctd's on ending week. Here's my save if you could take a look whats wrong.
In your save game, you need to reassign the jobs in the clinic and centre and it works properly.

Both your problems led me to the area of the code the problem occurs in so hopefully by the next version this will no longer be an issue.

I found a strange bug in 0.5n
If you hire a girl via walk and her rebeliounis is to high she is placed in your dungeon...however if you enter her personal manage list she is handled as if in your brothel, slaves captured in the catacombs or taken from their families are displayed and handled correctly
and
Also I noticed in previous build that if I mass brand slaves in dungeon and then mass sell them ending week would CTD, but if I mass sell, save, exit, reload no more ctd on week end.
I'll look into it after I sleep.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Brozita

« Reply #230 on: May 28, 2014, 06:24:38 AM »
Hey!

First of all thanks for the patches! They really help a butt ton.

A bug I've noticed is; When you have a girl in your dungeon, and you interact and then go into the force menu, if you then try to press back you will still do one forced action, and it won't take you to the previous menu.

Edit; Another one (I think); Sometimes my girl lose the Broken Will trait, I've noticed it on my Torturer and Matrons, but I'm not sure if it's also happening on the other girls. There is nothing in those two jobs that would make people lose Broken Will is there?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:20:45 AM by Brozita »

Offline Evangelion 01

« Reply #231 on: May 28, 2014, 08:41:09 AM »
Bug in the Clinic:
Asigning a girl to the "Arse Job"
upon completing the summary states the girl gained "Great Figure" Trait, in reality she correctly gains the "Great Arse" trait

Offline Xelan255

« Reply #232 on: May 28, 2014, 11:58:23 AM »
I've just moved from Version 0.05g to 0.05n, importet all my characters and started a new game. Nice new features so far, but everytime I ask girls in the dungeon for sex or a bondage session the game crashes. Same if I try to force these two options. CMD window shows nothing special, but I wonder why it states "enabling torture". I went straight to interact->ask->bondage session after loading the game.
Bug in the game with my system or could it be caused by something else?

Offline Brozita

« Reply #233 on: May 28, 2014, 12:41:00 PM »
Bug in the game with my system or could it be caused by something else?

If you try uploading your save we can figure out if it's you or your save :)

I just purchased the Studio, but it didn't work until the 3rd time, but I'm now also the proud owner of the Clinic and the Centre. I'm assuming this is a bug.
Edit; I tried to recreate this, first time it only bought the Clinic before I got the Studio, and the 2nd time I got the Studio right away...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 01:07:50 PM by Brozita »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #234 on: May 28, 2014, 01:00:50 PM »
I have corrected several of the bugs and updated to .05n.02 here - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=953.msg27623#msg27623

I just purchased the Studio, but it didn't work until the 3rd time, but I'm now also the proud owner of the Clinic and the Centre. I'm assuming this is a bug.
This bug should have been fixed in version .05k

everytime I ask girls in the dungeon for sex or a bondage session the game crashes. Same if I try to force these two options.
I forgot to include dungeon girls in the antipreg check.
Now the Dungeon uses the same antipreg that the first brothel uses.

Bug in the Clinic:
Asigning a girl to the "Arse Job"
upon completing the summary states the girl gained "Great Figure" Trait, in reality she correctly gains the "Great Arse" trait
Fixed.

edit:
CMD window shows nothing special, but I wonder why it states "enabling torture".
The command window rarely shows anything relevant to crashes.
The "enabling torture" lines are just debug strings.
I have replaced them with "::init: Dungeon" and "Player selecting Dungeon Girl #".
It will be in version .05o.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 11:08:01 AM by aevojoey »

Offline Brozita

« Reply #235 on: May 28, 2014, 01:12:09 PM »
This bug should have been fixed in version .05k

I was using .05n.01, but going to upgrade it to .02 now.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #236 on: May 29, 2014, 11:15:08 PM »
Well, This is apparently a long running bug.
It seems to be caused when the game removes the girl from the dungeon list of girls.
When added to the dungeon, the girl is actually still technically in the brothel she was sent from just with the job of "In Dungeon"
When removing the girl, it only deleted her from the dungeon list and left a hole in the brothel girls list where she was.
I added 1 line to the code and it seems to have fixed it.
It will be in version .05o after I finish a few other fixes I'm working on.
As always, this may have some unknown side effects so make a backup of your game before trying .05o.

Also, while finishing the correction of the bug "if girl is assigned a job outside of the building she is in", I found that I had actually broken it in more when I added it to .05n.02.
edit: Well it didn't really "break" it. It checks if the job is not in the building, finds that it is not, sets it to the wrong job and runs the correct code anyway. All it really does is force the girl into the wrong job title and basically says "We gave you the wrong title, here is your corrected wrong title, see you tomorrow with the same wrong title."

.05o will have it fixed and expanded to fix all the buildings.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 09:07:24 AM by aevojoey »

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #237 on: May 30, 2014, 07:20:39 AM »
Thank you Joey!  I wish you luck with your bug hunt!
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #238 on: May 30, 2014, 01:46:13 PM »
Not sure if it's mod-related or a bug hidden in the original source code of WM, but some of my custom made non-random girls get the virgin trait and the "She is a virgin" notification in their stats, while their .girlsx file has specifically that trait untouched in all cases.
If I remove the Virgin trait with its description from CoreTraits.traits and leave an empty line, the trait disappears, but the "She is a virgin" stat remains.

Offline Sorren

« Reply #239 on: May 30, 2014, 03:26:33 PM »
Not sure if it's mod-related or a bug hidden in the original source code of WM, but some of my custom made non-random girls get the virgin trait and the "She is a virgin" notification in their stats, while their .girlsx file has specifically that trait untouched in all cases.
If I remove the Virgin trait with its description from CoreTraits.traits and leave an empty line, the trait disappears, but the "She is a virgin" stat remains.

It could be legacy code, I vaguely recall girls (any kind) without the trait randomly getting it depending on their age and some hidden variable.