Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619235 times)

Offline dr678diablo

Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #285 on: June 13, 2014, 02:16:20 AM »
What.... is crashing my game this time o.o It just crashes after i spend a few mins in game.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #286 on: June 13, 2014, 08:33:21 AM »
What.... is crashing my game this time o.o It just crashes after i spend a few mins in game.
Without the savegame I can not help you.
The game log is of no use without the matching savegame file.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline testyTom

« Reply #287 on: June 14, 2014, 12:33:21 AM »
I have a crash when going to the next week.  .zip of gamelog and savegame below.  I'm using version 5q (also crashed on 5p), girls from the HeWhoCumsByNight pack.  I tested saves from a few turns back, and they now crash, too.  I'm wondering if it was something in 5p?

Just checked, and the same save works in 5o.6.  So perhaps it's something changed in 5p?

Also, not a bug, but a question:  if I just click Girl Management, the list of girls comes up immediately.  But if I sort the girls, hit back, and then choose Girl Management again, my CPU fan spins up, and it hangs for a few seconds before opening.  That's fine, obviously it must be computationally expensive to sort or something.  But if I then click the upper right corner to unsort them, it still takes a long time to open Girl Management.  This persists for the rest of the session.  Is there some way to fix that?  Did something get loaded into memory and now has to be loaded every time I open management or something?

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/T63C5Df1aA/

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #288 on: June 14, 2014, 10:07:59 AM »
I have a crash when going to the next week.  .zip of gamelog and savegame below.  I'm using version 5q (also crashed on 5p), girls from the HeWhoCumsByNight pack.  I tested saves from a few turns back, and they now crash, too.  I'm wondering if it was something in 5p?

Just checked, and the same save works in 5o.6.  So perhaps it's something changed in 5p?
The cause of this problem was the "Yesterday" addition in .05p.
The studio handles this differently than the other buildings.
If you own the studio but have no girls there it would crash on a null girl.
Fixed it.
Until I put out .05q.01 just keep at least 1 girl in the studio.

Also, not a bug, but a question:  if I just click Girl Management, the list of girls comes up immediately.  But if I sort the girls, hit back, and then choose Girl Management again, my CPU fan spins up, and it hangs for a few seconds before opening.  That's fine, obviously it must be computationally expensive to sort or something.  But if I then click the upper right corner to unsort them, it still takes a long time to open Girl Management.  This persists for the rest of the session.  Is there some way to fix that?  Did something get loaded into memory and now has to be loaded every time I open management or something?
When you have 240 girls in one building you can expect some lag.
I'll see if I can clean it up a little.

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #289 on: June 14, 2014, 11:26:26 AM »
I can't give a log or savegame to my crash problem because it's rather rare but it happens since the q release.
When i mark some girls in the dungeon and press torture, sometimes the game crashes with a critical error.
It's never after starting the game, always after i have played a while (at least 45-60 minutes i think)
or let's say after 6-10 game turns, the last game log message states, that one of the tortured girls has won in a fight against my guarding gang.
But even that doesn't seem to be the reason because i have girl escapes against a guarding gang without crash too,
and the message that the playerchar had to restrain her because she beat the gang comes quite often.
It's not really reproducable because it never happens again immediatly after loading the game.

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #290 on: June 14, 2014, 01:02:09 PM »
The crash happened again (4 turns after i started the game)
Code: [Select]
Saving brothel: Hell
***************** Saving clinics *****************
***************** Saving studios *****************
***************** Saving arenas *****************
***************** Saving centres *****************
***************** Saving houses *****************
Saving brothel: House

cGirlGangFight: random gang index = 0

cGirlGangFight: gang = The Wanderers
GirlGangFight: %    = 21
GirlGangFight: roll = 4
GirlGangFight: girl wins
is the last part of the gamelog (i saved directly before entering the dungeon and again marked all girls who should be tortured
I attach the saved game but as i wrote, it won't happen after loading it.

The girls in my dungeon a changing often, the guarding gang too, i'll torture them one by one now until the error happens again (if it does)

Edit:
I checked gamelog after each torture, it may be that a girl win against a guarding gang is causing it, tried about 100 single tortures now
only girl losses against the guard and no crash until now.

Another small bug in my game at the moment, experience is capped at 255 so no girl can reach more than level 2.

Last Edit:
The crash with torture in the dungeon only happens when i mark more than 1 girl and the first girl wins the fight against the guarding gang
(at least i think it is the first, because i never have messages about tortures before the crash, its always directly after clicking torture)
but according to the gamelog i never had any girls win a fight if i mark them all at once (and it doesn't crash)
so i don't really know if it's the first or any of them

it can happen also directly with the first torture attempt after game start if i'm really unlucky, i had that once
but i never had it with single tortures even if the girl wins the fight.
So its easy to avoid but hard for lazy guys like me, with 30 or more victims in the dungeon and who wants to torture them all (yes i'm evil)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 06:51:13 PM by Yukinohki »

Offline dr678diablo

« Reply #291 on: June 14, 2014, 09:44:07 PM »
Without the savegame I can not help you.
The game log is of no use without the matching savegame file.
sorry i deleted that save file but this save file is crashing in much the same way. Everytime i click girl details it crashes.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #292 on: June 14, 2014, 10:29:07 PM »
The crash with torture in the dungeon only happens when i mark more than 1 girl and the first girl wins the fight against the guarding gang
(at least i think it is the first, because i never have messages about tortures before the crash, its always directly after clicking torture)
but according to the gamelog i never had any girls win a fight if i mark them all at once (and it doesn't crash)
so i don't really know if it's the first or any of them

it can happen also directly with the first torture attempt after game start if i'm really unlucky, i had that once
but i never had it with single tortures even if the girl wins the fight.
So its easy to avoid but hard for lazy guys like me, with 30 or more victims in the dungeon and who wants to torture them all (yes i'm evil)
I believe I found and fixed your problem.
It appears to be caused by the game trying to torture a customer who does not exist.

Another small bug in my game at the moment, experience is capped at 255 so no girl can reach more than level 2.
Fixed this too.

Both are in .05q.01 here - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=953.msg27929#msg27929

sorry i deleted that save file but this save file is crashing in much the same way. Everytime i click girl details it crashes.
I tried your savegame but it did not crash for me.
However I believe the problem is with the new green color and the !!!GOODNEWS!!! message when the girl levels up.
When you update, read the changes in the the message.
* In Version .05p.01, Successful Rehab and Surgeries show green when successful. If you don't use the J_1024x768 interface provided, You will need to edit your .\Resources\Interface\(interfacename)\InterfaceColors.txt or it may crash or not look correct.
   See the notes here for what to change -
http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=953.msg27858#msg27858
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 10:44:49 PM by aevojoey »

Offline dr678diablo

« Reply #293 on: June 15, 2014, 03:14:28 AM »
I think i did that. I changed the interfacecolor text adding lines u said in all 4 folders in the interface folder. I could had done something wrong or be confused. but this crash happened after i finished my weekly report.  also the text boxs are still kinda unreadable with white background and light aqua green text.

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #294 on: June 15, 2014, 05:36:31 AM »
Nice, thanks for your work.
There is another thing which is possibly a bug.
If i torture girls one by one i have girls who beat the guards and escape even with strong guarding gangs. (one every 50 tortures or so)
If i mark more than one and torture, i don't have girls who escape.
Every other event works fine as far as i see them (temp. gain of masochist trait, heavy beating, girls get badly hurt and so on)
At the moment, its positive, i don't have to set gangs to hunt them down but i don't think it's intended.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #295 on: June 15, 2014, 10:38:44 AM »
also the text boxs are still kinda unreadable with white background and light aqua green text.
This is a matter of the settings in your interface.
Look in your .\Resources\Data\config.xml file at the Resolution section:
Code: [Select]
<Resolution
        Resolution          = "J_1024x768"
    />
Whatever is in the quotes is the interface name that you are using.
All interfaces are located in the ".\Resources\Interface\" folder
The one I made and make my changes to is "J_1024x768".
The InterfaceColors.txt is the file that controls the colors of everything.

There is another thing which is possibly a bug.
If i torture girls one by one i have girls who beat the guards and escape even with strong guarding gangs. (one every 50 tortures or so)
If i mark more than one and torture, i don't have girls who escape.
Every other event works fine as far as i see them (temp. gain of masochist trait, heavy beating, girls get badly hurt and so on)
At the moment, its positive, i don't have to set gangs to hunt them down but i don't think it's intended.
I tested this a bit and I did have girls escape a few times doing both single tortures and multi-tortures.
If you click too fast you may miss the escape message when going through a large number of messages.
I will change the message color to red so it stands out a little more.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 01:28:45 PM by aevojoey »

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #296 on: June 15, 2014, 01:59:03 PM »
OK, then i was just lucky until now, i usually check the amount of girls on the run in my house every 2-3 weeks so i don't think i would have missed an escape.

Another thing which is a bit hard to explain,
i had 3 cases in the last weeks while i played Whore Master where stats of 100 became 0.
I checked my savegames and as far as i understood it, something changed the modifier value from positive to negative,
at the moment i have such a case so i attach my current save game.
I keep every girl in the dungeon, until obedience is 100 and spirit is low,
then i transfer them to the house for personal training for a while,
one of the girls in the house (Cara Cromwell) has currently obedience of 0
<Obedience Value="0" Mod="-56" /> is in the savegame
while all the other girls there (i checked about 10 of them)
have something like
<Obedience Value="20" Mod="100" /> or
<Obedience Value="20" Mod="70" />  (not 100 because i think the temporary masochist trait from the tortures has run out)

The same happened to me one time with constitution, when one of my arena girls suddenly had constitution of 0
and also Value 0 and Mod something high negative in the save game.

I can't say how long ago the change was or what i may have did in that turn, because i don't check the stats very often
What i do regularly is train constitution through "Interact with" if the con is low, give items which decrease Tiredness (Radicola, Incense, Nightmare Fuel and so on),
sometimes items which increase Love, Hapiness and Libido.

With the case of constitution and arena, i did nothing the past few turns as far as i remember.
Usually i put them in the arena mostly on town guard duty, together with a doctor and leave them alone.

Edit:
I forgot to add, that i'm using not only the standard items, but also Comeback.itemsx
(from http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=1227.0 )
i know that at least one of the items is not really working
(the Workout Video Version with Special="AffectsAll")
maybe one of the others from that pack is a problem
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 02:10:55 PM by Yukinohki »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #297 on: June 15, 2014, 04:53:28 PM »
i had 3 cases in the last weeks while i played Whore Master where stats of 100 became 0.
I checked my savegames and as far as i understood it, something changed the modifier value from positive to negative,
at the moment i have such a case so i attach my current save game.
I keep every girl in the dungeon, until obedience is 100 and spirit is low,
then i transfer them to the house for personal training for a while,
one of the girls in the house (Cara Cromwell) has currently obedience of 0
<Obedience Value="0" Mod="-56" /> is in the savegame
In the savegame, the Mod number is a temporary modifier usually caused by items.
The Value is the actual number the girl has.
If she had an item that raised the Mod and you removed it, her stat would reflect that.

I'll look into it more.

I forgot to add, that i'm using not only the standard items, but also Comeback.itemsx
(from http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=1227.0 )
i know that at least one of the items is not really working
(the Workout Video Version with Special="AffectsAll")
maybe one of the others from that pack is a problem
The Special="AffectsAll" does not really work properly sometimes.

Also, I will check and add those items to the game.

edit:
I see what they were trying to do with the workout videos,
The problem is, the game does not handle multiple instances of an item if they all have the exact same name.
I am adding all the items from the Comeback.itemsx file so I will fix this.

Some of the items seem a little overpowered to be so common so I changed a few of them to be either less powerful or have variations with some powerful but rare and some common but less powerful.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 10:10:40 PM by aevojoey »

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #298 on: June 15, 2014, 07:24:54 PM »
i remember that i used succubus milk once or twice today but i can't remember which girl got them,
what happens when a girl with obedience 100 (or maybe even more if the display weren't capped at 100)
gets another temporary +100 and what happens when that temporary effect is over?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #299 on: June 15, 2014, 08:02:25 PM »
i remember that i used succubus milk once or twice today but i can't remember which girl got them,
what happens when a girl with obedience 100 (or maybe even more if the display weren't capped at 100)
gets another temporary +100 and what happens when that temporary effect is over?
The displayed value of stats and skills is Base + Mod + Temp
So when a temporary effect of an item wears off it should not affect the Base.
Same with the Mod value of an item when it is removed.

.05q.02 is up - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=953.msg27929#msg27929
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 11:13:07 PM by aevojoey »