Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619548 times)

Offline Yukinohki

Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #300 on: June 16, 2014, 09:33:31 AM »
A small bug related to pictures in the dungeon summary.
Let's say you have 3 girls in the dungeon A, B and C,
you torture them all and girl C gets masochist and is heavily wounded and gets a warning message.
You go to the dungeon turn summary, girl C is at the top, but if you mark her,
you see the pictures of girl A, which is the first girl in the dungeon list (without extra sorting).
That effect is only happening in the dungeon summary,
house and brothels are fine.
I don't have more buildings in my current game so i don't know about them at the moment.

Screenshot as attachment
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 09:38:02 AM by Yukinohki »

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #301 on: June 16, 2014, 10:31:59 AM »
i forgot to add, this is only happening when you torture yourself and not letting a torturer do it
and check the results of your tortures after you did them in the summary
(useful if you mark all girls, torture and just klick through the messages very fast and only check in the summary the important events)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #302 on: June 16, 2014, 12:21:46 PM »
For future reference, you can edit your own posts with the "Modify" button at the top right so you don't have to create a new post.

A small bug related to pictures in the dungeon summary.
Let's say you have 3 girls in the dungeon A, B and C,
you torture them all and girl C gets masochist and is heavily wounded and gets a warning message.
You go to the dungeon turn summary, girl C is at the top, but if you mark her,
you see the pictures of girl A, which is the first girl in the dungeon list (without extra sorting).
That effect is only happening in the dungeon summary,
house and brothels are fine.
I don't have more buildings in my current game so i don't know about them at the moment.
i forgot to add, this is only happening when you torture yourself and not letting a torturer do it
and check the results of your tortures after you did them in the summary
(useful if you mark all girls, torture and just klick through the messages very fast and only check in the summary the important events)
The turn summary screen was not sorting the dungeon the same way it sorts the other buildings.
I fixed that and it will be in .05q.03

When you start a new turn, the events are cleared, so the summary will only say that she was already tortured that week.
If you check the dungeon after torturing but before hitting the next week, you can see the results of your torture.
However, Runaways are no longer in your dungeon therefore have no summary.
The number of runaways is in your house details page but only as a number, not as a list of the girls... yet.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 12:30:44 PM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #303 on: June 16, 2014, 05:12:01 PM »
I tried to keep track about what i do and now i have a girl again where obedience switched from 100 to 0 without warning
I attach my save and the girlsx from her (Super Soniko)
I had her in the dungeon until obedience hit 100 and spirit low/near 0
then transfered her to the player house (there she is at the current turn)
all the other stats seem correct (unchanged) to me
The items she has are there since she left the dungeon about 10 turns ago, no items taken away
(Peasant Gown, Lace Lingerie, Wool Slippers, Bauble Necklace, Riding Crop, Stockings, Journal)

I gave her some healing and happiness consumable items after she left the dungeon
and maybe once or twice items to reduce tiredness,
no obedience changing items.
She may have had a temporary masochist trait (definitely no other temporary traits from the dungeon).
Maybe someone has an idea, i'm confused.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 05:16:33 PM by Yukinohki »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #304 on: June 16, 2014, 08:27:49 PM »
I attach my save and the girlsx from her (Super Soniko)

"Fairy Dust Addict" is the problem.
It drops obedience by 30 per day if she does not get her drugs.
Send her to rehab.

Offline Sarav

« Reply #305 on: June 17, 2014, 12:19:33 AM »
It seems I may have found a bug with having sex with your own girls. I start a new game buy a bunch of girls and have sex with them, then I quit and when I come back to play later, when I try to have sex with my girls it crashes. I have started a new game several times to see if I could replicate this bug and it happens every time. It seems you can only have sex with your girls the first time you play, if you try to do it after exiting the game and restarting or loading a game it crashes when you try.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #306 on: June 17, 2014, 01:01:36 AM »
It seems I may have found a bug with having sex with your own girls. I start a new game buy a bunch of girls and have sex with them, then I quit and when I come back to play later, when I try to have sex with my girls it crashes. I have started a new game several times to see if I could replicate this bug and it happens every time. It seems you can only have sex with your girls the first time you play, if you try to do it after exiting the game and restarting or loading a game it crashes when you try.
I found the problem and fixed it in .05q.04

The game was not properly recording what brothel she was in when the game loaded.
When it tried to check if there were enough antipreg potions, it would not know where to check causing it to crash.
I added the brothel number to the loading of the girl.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 01:23:50 AM by aevojoey »

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #307 on: June 17, 2014, 09:12:17 AM »
I'm fairly sure i gave her the cure item many turns ago (can't remember when).
But dungeon seem to have a strange effect on addicted girls, addictions don't affect them while
they are in the dungeon, i forgot the cure once with a girl and wondered why her happiness was to 0 shortly
after i took her out. During her 10-15 weeks the only happiness drops were through torture and the dungeon itself.

Is it possible that giving a girl in the dungeon a cure doesn't disable the effect which drops obedience?
If thats the case i just avoid cures in dungeons and give them to the girls before i send them there
or after i take them out again.
Or maybe switch to using rehab as soon as i have my Centre up and running instead of the cure items.

And is one of the drugs affecting constitution in the same way?
Because then i know why my arena girl
had the constitution problem a few weeks ago.

Edit: And again, no addiction with this girl now, not in the original girlsx file, not during gameplay,
no special items

The only thing all of them have in common is the "personal training" job in the player house.
None of the girls in other houses/jobs or in the dungeon had that problem until now.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 02:44:28 PM by Yukinohki »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #308 on: June 18, 2014, 06:59:22 PM »
Here are the only ways in the code that obedience can be lowered without using items on the girl.

Girls addicted to drugs loose 30 obedience each week.
These traits, when lost, can lower obedience: Meek-20, Mind Fucked-100, Dependant-50, Masochist-30, Lolita-5, Nervous-10
These traits, when gained, can lower obedience: Iron Will-90, Manly-10, Tsundere-10, Queen-15, Princess-5
If a girl is raped by a customer -10
If a girl on security duty gets defeated -10

I can find no other reason your girls could be loosing obedience.

Offline Evangelion 01

« Reply #309 on: June 19, 2014, 02:57:52 PM »
playing 0.5r
reaplied all jobs in Center, Studios, Clinic, House and Arena

Bug: when assigning a doctore and ground keepers to the Arena they will only be asigned until you hit next week, the summary will inform you the girls are not assigned to any jobs....proof check after closeing summary states all girls as "free time"...tried it for several weeks now always reapllying the asignemt so I doubt it's a temporal issue
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 03:00:33 PM by Evangelion 01 »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #310 on: June 19, 2014, 09:25:19 PM »
playing 0.5r
reaplied all jobs in Center, Studios, Clinic, House and Arena

Bug: when assigning a doctore and ground keepers to the Arena they will only be asigned until you hit next week, the summary will inform you the girls are not assigned to any jobs....proof check after closeing summary states all girls as "free time"...tried it for several weeks now always reapllying the asignemt so I doubt it's a temporal issue
When the arena jobs were split into Arena and Arena Staff, the code to fix the "Job is not in this building" bug was not updated.
I got it fixed and will get it out as soon as I check a few other things.

Offline Brozita

« Reply #311 on: June 20, 2014, 10:27:49 AM »
In version .05r.

While in the gallery - Attempting to view pregnancy pictures displays BDSM pictures.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #312 on: June 20, 2014, 12:07:03 PM »
While in the gallery - Attempting to view pregnancy pictures displays BDSM pictures.
When I added pregnancy versions for all image types, I used the old pregnant number for the new torture number.

I have changed the gallery to check what image type to look for based on IMGTYPE instead of a set number.
I am now updating the image handling to allow every image type to be displayed properly.

In time, I will change the gallery from a button style to a list box style that will let you see how many of each type of image the girl has before choosing that type.
For now the W, S, UpArrow and DownArrow keys cycle through all image types that have at least 1 image.

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #313 on: June 20, 2014, 01:07:58 PM »
Here are the only ways in the code that obedience can be lowered without using items on the girl.

Girls addicted to drugs loose 30 obedience each week.
These traits, when lost, can lower obedience: Meek-20, Mind Fucked-100, Dependant-50, Masochist-30, Lolita-5, Nervous-10
These traits, when gained, can lower obedience: Iron Will-90, Manly-10, Tsundere-10, Queen-15, Princess-5
If a girl is raped by a customer -10
If a girl on security duty gets defeated -10

I can find no other reason your girls could be loosing obedience.

Nope, no changes in traits, no items taken away or added, no addictions
just sometimes when the obedience modifier reaches 100 it decides to become -9x in the next turn
(-100 + the change from the current turn)
when it would go above 100 if that were possible

lets say i take a girl who really hates me out of the dungeon (after 30 weeks there, they do hate you)
but who has obedience modifier close to 100 because of torture
then hate decreases and love increases over the next 50-60 turns in the player house
there is a small chance, that this bug happens (when love gets close to true love state or reaches it)

well this bug is quite rare and easy to fix, i just edit savegame and delete the -
so it's not really important
searching for the cause of it will take much more time than the 30 sek savegame editing every few days with the workaround

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #314 on: June 21, 2014, 02:10:21 AM »
Nope, no changes in traits, no items taken away or added, no addictions
just sometimes when the obedience modifier reaches 100 it decides to become -9x in the next turn
(-100 + the change from the current turn)
when it would go above 100 if that were possible

lets say i take a girl who really hates me out of the dungeon (after 30 weeks there, they do hate you)
but who has obedience modifier close to 100 because of torture
then hate decreases and love increases over the next 50-60 turns in the player house
there is a small chance, that this bug happens (when love gets close to true love state or reaches it)

well this bug is quite rare and easy to fix, i just edit savegame and delete the -
so it's not really important
searching for the cause of it will take much more time than the 30 sek savegame editing every few days with the workaround
Well I may have found the problem.
I changed some of the code to no longer use the "Mod" for stat/skill.
If the game was saving the stat/skill changes as a "Mod" value instead of an actual value, when an item is added or removed that affects that stat/skill, the "Mod" is recalculated, removing the previous number.

If this fixes your problem, good.
If not, chalk it up to "Women can be temperamental and their mood changes for no reason."

It is in .05r.01 here - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=953.msg28037#msg28037
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 03:00:15 AM by aevojoey »