Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619309 times)

Offline fenicearcana

Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #600 on: November 20, 2014, 01:45:41 AM »
Thanks for all the informations ^^
I'll try to make a good use of them.

btw i've found a strange but disturbing bug around the item usage.

Every time you equip a item on the girl, let say a dress, it add something, and that should be a bonus who go off if you take away the item. The bad part is if you put a item it give bonus, but when you try on the girl another dress, the girls point will go every time more down than what it started with.

let me explain better.

i haved a girl with Charisma 80 and 75 Beauty, so i wanted to add some point making some test with neclaces, dresses, shoes, and so on... i dint use anithing strange, just put on use and ther change some dress...now the girl has 6 charisma and 30 beauty.

If the math of items was correct, using the dress and then disable it, should have simply reset the initial points of the girl.

I thout the math problem was somehow related to 100+ point of the stat, like having a stat of 98, adding an item with +5 and then selling the item and get a 95 instead of a 98. If so, that kind of problem wasn't a big issues... but when you have average stats and if you use, remove, use, remove, use, remove the item and the stat simply go down, that's a very big problem. And this happen with common items >.>

Offline Jacko

« Reply #601 on: November 20, 2014, 01:59:25 AM »
Are you getting the message "# were turned away because of your sex restrictions." in your brothel turn summary even though you have nothing restricted?

Yes.

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #602 on: November 21, 2014, 09:59:00 AM »
I have searched around but since i can't find it anywhere, i ask here.

Have you ever played after 30-40 turns of intense gaming? At that point, with 10 girl going each turn into catacomb to find "unique items", they bring back a truck full of generic catacomb-girl! and you have to go into dungeon, click 2brand as slave" click to confirm, sell slave, click to confirm...for each single girl! and if you forgot...you have a dungeon of over 50+ catacomb girl to sell and mayby some unique girl mixed and lost in the crowd.

So my request is simple. To avoid this, can be somehow enabled the choice to concentrate only on girls OR item when going into catacomb [or generic for a mix of them].
If possible, also will be greatly usefoul a new button into the dungeon to select all non-unique girl in 1 click to "brand all as slave" [all except unique girl] and "sell all slaves". what do you think?
Isnt that a good idea? :P

Doing that brand/sell for each girl is so time consuming that the game become boring and i choose to not send girl into catacomb, loosing the opportunity to gain special items.

Also, the game at that point is very easy, sicnce you have repetitive missions [the gold you gain is to much random IMHO, sometime you get over 50.000 credit for just kidnapping 1 girl, other time you get just 2.000 for havin 81 catacomb girls!], and dont go anywhere since the story about your father was never developped. i will like to help in that direction, to give some specific objective , some direction.

Now, this great game, is without an end, without a purpose. Fun game until you repeat it 40-50 turn...then it become sensless and boring. Do you agree?

PS: Oh! also i thought about a in-game stat who is actually useless. Age.
If i'm correct, we have plenty of items to get younger [maybe some to get older??] but the age is, actually useless.
Maybe the age should affect some traits? I didn't even see if age go on through the play...i probably never played more han 50 turn the same game...but...just to say it...
What if each 52 turns from when the girl come in game, she age 1 year? And maybe she can die of old age XD [most probably not. who would play this game for 5200 turns or more? XD]
And maybe they can get a bonus/malus and also a "cap" for some traits? Well not that this is very important in a game where magic can grow you a penis XD
18-20 years +5 Beauty / -5 on general skills
21-30 years normal traits
31-35 years +5 intelligence/ +5 on general skills
36-40 years -5 costitution /+5 intelligence/......no ok. i quit ahahhaha XD

PPS: at this stage of developpement of the game i dont see any difference in having a girl devolving 100% or less at the brothel. i mean...if you take all for the brothel, the girl should be more and more sad...isn't it? if not, i can put all the girl at 100% with no remorse and no problem at all. i'm wrong?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 11:59:42 AM by fenicearcana »

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #603 on: November 21, 2014, 12:23:06 PM »
I don't think I have ever played more than 50 turns in one game, I usually start a new game when I add more to the code.
I have never bought the third brothel except in test games.
I rarely use all of the jobs, probably because I know they don't really do much at the moment.
I rarely use Explore Catacombs except when I get an Incorporeal girl.
Since I fixed the Beast Carer job I use that a lot, it helps improve customer happiness.
I generally play as a good master so I never use torturers and rarely brand captured girls.

If you hold control you can select multiple girls and then brand or free them as a group.

At the moment there is no way to sort the girls by whether they are unique of random.
I am thinking about making a drop down with all the stats and skills so you can sort the girls any way you want.
That will probably take some time because the game code does not have a drop down section to it.

With Explore Catacombs, the number of items does not affect the number of girls or beasts she brings back.
She can encounter up to 4 creatures and if she defeats them all, she brings them back along with 0-4 items.
Each of the 1-4 creatures can be either a beast (45%) or a girl (55%).
Each girl is then either unique (50%) or random (50%).
If you have gotten all the unique catacomb girls that are available, then it is more likely that you will get a random girl.

Age does not really do anything at the moment.
52 turns after you get them the girl does age up 1 year, it is not technically their "Birthday" but more accurately their "Acquired-day".
I have thought about adding a Birthday stat to the girls, adding a note in their summary, the option to throw them a party and a few other options.

Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #604 on: November 21, 2014, 12:34:11 PM »
oh...so other job aside from whoring, are useless? i see the girl bring back money but i didnt really see how much, from other job's

anyway, since from the very beginning we never had a Manual with rules or information, i mostly play at random, doing things how i like. being evil or good doesn't seem to effect the game in any way but i try to be nice.  To obtain the rarest item (the red one) you have to go into catacomb, that's why i send so many girl, mostly construct with 100 combat and magic or incorporeal, but when they come with that much catacomb girl i "must" do something with them. i can't simply use all of them into brothels XD

the farm part seems very intriging but if i'm correct is still not operative. is there on the forum a post who explain how to play, and what is working and what not?
sorry if i'm asking you so much information, i just whant to understand what already is done, to start to write a story to hel you with the game XD

Ps: also the items are in a way or in another a problem. in the very first release, they were so few you can obtain in the market the cure for vira blood and other things pretty easy. now you have to wait often more then 10 turns before you get what you need. So i have an idea. I don't know if is a godd one, but i try it.

Why dont you create 2 market? one is the normal market we already have. The second is something like "Black Market" or "Luxury Market" (or both why not?) in the black market you could always found drug and their cure, but at a prize double (like those item who say in the description "this seller have a lot of this item but it sell it at ahigher price) and maybe other common item but stll with higher price.
The luxury Market... O_o well could be a new place you buy in game who sell random rarest items? With a higher price? O.o oh..well..that's it for now.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 12:50:35 PM by fenicearcana »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #605 on: November 21, 2014, 07:26:02 PM »
While there is no manual for the game, I try to answer any questions as best as I can.
I tried to revive the wikia but I never really did much with it.

Part of the Farm plans was to make it so you can research cures to disease and create cure potions.
The farm has not really had much work done on it but most of the jobs do at least some basic checks and outputs.

I have thought of creating a small black market or something like a traveling shop.
This would only appear on the town map randomly and not every turn.
It would only have a few items but usually rare or special items.
Probably not going to happen until after I rewrite the interface.

As it is now, the non-whore brothel jobs do work but they don't really have much effect on customers.
I plan on reworking the flow of the brothels from girl based to customer based.
This will make every job work on all (or most) of the customers.

The general jobs that work as intended and have had recent updates:
Advertising  - increases the number of customers
Cleaning  -  keeps the building clean so less customers leave
Security  - tries to keep the girls safe  - too much security can scare off some customers
Beast Carer - tries to keep the brothel's beasts alive and they can try to catch or summon more beasts
Customer Service  - This job will be reworked when I get to reflowing the brothel.
 - As it is now customer service caters to any customers your whores can not.
 - If you seem to have low customer happiness, try assigning a few girls to Customer Service.

All of the other non-whore jobs affect the brothel directly but to a lesser extent than affecting the customers.
When I reflow the brothel, each customer will have a goal in mind when they get to your establishment:
Sex Only - The customer wants sex and will ignore everything else.
Entertainment - The customer is not there for sex, they want to be entertained.
Gambling - They have money to waste and you need to be ready to take it from them.
Drinks - They came to get drunk, if you can entice them into other things, they will leave happier and with less money.
Violence - They came to start some trouble, Security should be ready.
These are just a few that I have planned.

A girl on customer service will help direct the customers to where they want to go.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 07:32:23 PM by aevojoey »

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #606 on: November 22, 2014, 10:07:16 AM »
Umm exactly, what the beast are used for? Bestiality sex...and what more?

Selling them seems not possible. I have see he Farm, so i can guess you intend to use beast into that.
You plan to have some "trainer of beast" who can convert some of your beast into actual item-companion who give bonuses to girl? i already see around som "Cat" and "Dog" companion you can buy at the shop or found around...maybe you'll add someting like Tiger, Lion, Panthere, Werebeast and so on? Just asking eheh XD

Well. I have now some information i can use. I'll try to start writing something for the story of father and some event.  Maybe i can create something interesting. We will see :P

Offline Wirbelwind

« Reply #607 on: November 26, 2014, 04:20:35 PM »
There seems to be a problem with jobs assigned for the brothel. My girls will engage in group sex even though it's forbidden.
Should this be fixed in 06.00.16?
I'm still getting occasional  group sex engagements even if it's prohibited. Tracked it down to "Prohibit Strip", when allowing only strip there was some Group Sex actions as well. Not sure if there's other cases, at least didn't find any when tested by allowing a single action.

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #608 on: November 26, 2014, 05:07:27 PM »
I have gone over the day/night parts and they should all be working properly with the next update.
I have also double checked the matron checks so hopefully they will be more regulated.
Don't know if it's the same issue or not, but my Matrons seem to be doing much the same thing - occasionally not taking a 98% Tired girl off work (this only seems to happen if I've been micromanaging the girl in question), and also putting girls 'back to work' on Day = Free Time / Night = Practice.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #609 on: November 26, 2014, 10:46:33 PM »
Umm exactly, what the beast are used for? Bestiality sex...and what more?

Selling them seems not possible. I have see he Farm, so i can guess you intend to use beast into that.
You plan to have some "trainer of beast" who can convert some of your beast into actual item-companion who give bonuses to girl? i already see around som "Cat" and "Dog" companion you can buy at the shop or found around...maybe you'll add someting like Tiger, Lion, Panthere, Werebeast and so on? Just asking eheh XD

Well. I have now some information i can use. I'll try to start writing something for the story of father and some event.  Maybe i can create something interesting. We will see :P
Beasts are only used for sex at the moment.
When the farm gets more work more will be done with them.

Write whatever story you want and I will see what I can use with it.

Should this be fixed in 06.00.16?
I'm still getting occasional  group sex engagements even if it's prohibited. Tracked it down to "Prohibit Strip", when allowing only strip there was some Group Sex actions as well. Not sure if there's other cases, at least didn't find any when tested by allowing a single action.
I have tried several times to fix this kind of bug only to find it pops back up somewhere else.
The entire brothel code will be rewritten soon, it needs a lot of work.

Don't know if it's the same issue or not, but my Matrons seem to be doing much the same thing - occasionally not taking a 98% Tired girl off work (this only seems to happen if I've been micromanaging the girl in question), and also putting girls 'back to work' on Day = Free Time / Night = Practice.
If you mean the matrons in the brothels, they have not been updated with the new matron code yet.

Offline Wirbelwind

« Reply #610 on: November 27, 2014, 03:44:31 PM »
I have tried several times to fix this kind of bug only to find it pops back up somewhere else.
The entire brothel code will be rewritten soon, it needs a lot of work.
Yea, no problems now that I know what's the one causing it. Thanks for your efforts and keep up the good work.

Btw. Not sure if it's related bug(or if it's even one), but I at least found it funny as hell.  :D

If she doesn't allow it, tie her up and rape.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #611 on: November 27, 2014, 11:32:48 PM »
Btw. Not sure if it's related bug(or if it's even one), but I at least found it funny as hell.  :D

Doh...
Again, I fix a bug and some other bug pops up.

Well, I have not gotten to fixing the brothel and restrictions bugs yet.
What I have been doing is updating the turn summary.
I made it so if you don't own a building it does not show up on the list.
I reordered the buildings in the list so they match their F# keys.
I started adding other options to sort the girls in different ways using the "o" key.
 - The Clinic has the option to sort the girls based on how long they have to go with their surgeries

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #612 on: November 28, 2014, 12:35:56 PM »
Just remember, it's not rape if you say surprise first :D
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #613 on: November 28, 2014, 02:35:16 PM »

I use microsoft visual studio express 13 to edit it but notepad++ (http://notepad-plus-plus.org/) will do if you are not planning on compiling it.

Where cai download a free visual studio express 13?
I've extracted on my browser some xml files to understand how to configure the "wooden texture" and it will be probably a simple matter of change the dimension of each command line, like:

[<Window Name="Brothel Screen Window" XPos="10" YPos="10" Width="780" Height="580" Border="1"/>]

This one show the attached image like that...

if we change the position to match the upper and left border, and set width and height to tha actual size of the screen, we could use the wooden texture with ease.
Maybe i have to rework the dimensions of the image, but since i cant modify the xml file, i can't make my tests. tha't why i will like to have that studio express.
I don't know c++ but this part of the job isn't any different from what i normally do to create html pages, excep it is xml >.>

I still haven't figure out where the file who manage that image is anyway XD

« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 02:47:43 PM by fenicearcana »

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #614 on: November 28, 2014, 03:08:13 PM »
oooh well. does't mind anymore XD i can use notepad to edit and modify.

i'm used to compile html on notepad so it's ok...and i AM correct... i just need to properly adapt dimensions of any image of the "wooden set" you and crazy like so much and we could actually use it.

Since this will take some time to properly understand the proper adjustment i need to do, i'll make this first, then i will again go trough maps and icons.

As you can see... i "almost" get it XD i just have to figure out how to properly change the image to fit perfectly into his spot.