Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha  (Read 153907 times)

Offline vanpett

Re: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha
« Reply #195 on: May 28, 2010, 06:53:39 AM »
Some bugs I noticed (version r397):

- When you have girls with similar names in the same brothel, all item effects disappear from all but the latest girl. This includes stats and traits (e. g. "cute" from the bunny slippers).

- If a girl's inventory is full, you can only remove items via the shop menu, not the girl details menu. (Message "Inventory is already full" or something like that.) This is only a minor inconvenience.

Oh, and one request (I know this isn't really a bug, it's just bugging me ::) ): It would be really great if either the "Transfer Girls"-List could be sorted alphabetically or if it would be possible to transfer a girl directly via the girl details menu. It's quite annoying to look for a specific girl in an unsorted list with 200+ names with a lot of those names being similar.

Thanks in advance!

Offline sgb

« Reply #196 on: May 28, 2010, 08:32:15 PM »
One thing I've noticed that I'm not sure if it's a bug or intended; if a character is missing a certain type of image, it just pulls up a random image from that character's folder. In older versions, it used to grab an image from the correct category in the default folder.  I don't really care either way, but just throwing it out there in case this wasn't an intended change.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #197 on: May 28, 2010, 09:11:12 PM »
Oh, and one request (I know this isn't really a bug, it's just bugging me ::) ): It would be really great if either the "Transfer Girls"-List could be sorted alphabetically or if it would be possible to transfer a girl directly via the girl details menu. It's quite annoying to look for a specific girl in an unsorted list with 200+ names with a lot of those names being similar.

Thanks in advance!
ya, that would be nice. maybe they could have a "relocate" button, instead of "send to dungeon". or something like that. then it askes where you want to send her, giving the list of brothels you have and the dungeon, and a never mind option. I know I've accidently sent a *few* girls to the dungeon through a miss click or two.

Offline dalmedya

« Reply #198 on: May 28, 2010, 10:30:58 PM »
Clicking on the Quit button quits, when it should ask if you want to quit.
And yes I did just lose 15 minutes of micromanagement because I missed the Save button.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2010, 06:17:07 AM »
- When you have girls with similar names in the same brothel, all item effects disappear from all but the latest girl. This includes stats and traits (e. g. "cute" from the bunny slippers).

Similar names, or the exact same name? Can you provide a savegame exhibiting the problem?

- If a girl's inventory is full, you can only remove items via the shop menu, not the girl details menu. (Message "Inventory is already full" or something like that.) This is only a minor inconvenience.

The Item Management screen is the same whether accessed from the shop in town or through the Girl Details screen, the only difference should be which inventories (player, shop, girls) are initially selected. Again, can you provide a savegame? I might be able to reproduce this one myself with a little work, but having a savegame of it would be easier.

Thanks in advance!

That'll come up whenever I get back to converting the last few screens over to XML layout. Not sure when that'll be, though.

One thing I've noticed that I'm not sure if it's a bug or intended; if a character is missing a certain type of image, it just pulls up a random image from that character's folder. In older versions, it used to grab an image from the correct category in the default folder.  I don't really care either way, but just throwing it out there in case this wasn't an intended change.

If you're talking about sex-related images, it's always been that way; for any missing specific sex type images, it will use the standard sex images instead. If you're talking about something like the "this girl has gotten pregnant" Turn Summary image, those still are giving the default pregnant image from what I've seen.

ya, that would be nice. maybe they could have a "relocate" button, instead of "send to dungeon". or something like that. then it askes where you want to send her, giving the list of brothels you have and the dungeon, and a never mind option. I know I've accidently sent a *few* girls to the dungeon through a miss click or two.

Not a bad idea. I might see about doing that, but no promises; it could turn out being more work than I'd feel like sinking into it.

Clicking on the Quit button quits, when it should ask if you want to quit.
And yes I did just lose 15 minutes of micromanagement because I missed the Save button.

Heh, fair enough. I'll see about adding an "Are you sure you really want to quit? y/n" message there.

Offline vanpett

« Reply #200 on: May 29, 2010, 10:32:23 AM »
Similar names, or the exact same name? Can you provide a savegame exhibiting the problem?

I meant the exact same name. But upon further examination it seems the problem is not that the stats are not altered anymore, but that the items of the latest girl with the given name are shown in the inventory of every girl with this name.

A save game is attached. I've filled the inventory of the top girl in my first brothel ("Hana") for you to reproduce what I meant. If you go to this girls detail screen, you can't access her inventory. But as I already said: This is only a minor inconvenience.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #201 on: May 30, 2010, 02:25:43 PM »
I meant the exact same name. But upon further examination it seems the problem is not that the stats are not altered anymore, but that the items of the latest girl with the given name are shown in the inventory of every girl with this name.

A save game is attached. I've filled the inventory of the top girl in my first brothel ("Hana") for you to reproduce what I meant. If you go to this girls detail screen, you can't access her inventory. But as I already said: This is only a minor inconvenience.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #202 on: May 30, 2010, 06:42:27 PM »
Fixed:
* Girl Details screen wouldn't let you go to manage a girl's inventory if it was full
* When going to Inventory Management from Girl Details screen, it would select the girl based on the name, so it could choose incorrectly if you had any girls with identical names

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #203 on: May 30, 2010, 09:00:58 PM »
Fixed:
* animated images would get stuck on the image surface, where it couldn't then be changed to a non-animated one
* new girl packs were not being imported properly when loading a saved game, though the .gam.mast file was being updated
    as a result, for older savegames, you'll need to manually edit the .gam.mast file to delete out any files which you know aren't really loaded in order to get them to actually import at this point; new savegames should have no problem

Offline crazy

« Reply #204 on: May 30, 2010, 09:45:01 PM »
Ive actually had time to play the game the past few nights and i noticed one thing customer happiness in my brothels never goes above low.  Was the requirements to get it up changed or is it a bug?  If anyone is getting there up to high maybe they can tell me how so i can do that i have a girl on every job but as i said it never goes above low.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #205 on: May 30, 2010, 09:52:50 PM »
Ive actually had time to play the game the past few nights and i noticed one thing customer happiness in my brothels never goes above low.  Was the requirements to get it up changed or is it a bug?  If anyone is getting there up to high maybe they can tell me how so i can do that i have a girl on every job but as i said it never goes above low.
Not sure. I was planning to eventually look into that, but I think WonderDog did something on that front along with fame so I took it off my list. I guess I should still look into it at some point.

Offline sgb

« Reply #206 on: May 31, 2010, 12:06:13 AM »
Yeah, I can confirm I've never seen it have a value beyond 'low' in 1.30.  I recall it going to higher values in 1.29, but even then it was VERY difficult and seemingly random to accomplish this.  And even then, it usually dropped by the next couple turns.  I think there might simply be too many variables pushing it down, and not enough pushing it up.  It might not be worth looking into until the bar and gambling hall jobs get fleshed out more.

Offline LordShame

« Reply #207 on: May 31, 2010, 12:17:10 AM »
Alright, here's a tiny, ridiculously inoffensive one that I'm mentioning only for the principle of the thing: when a girl is pregnant, the profile section in the gallery shows the images from the pregnant section instead of the regular profile pics.

Earth-shattering, isn't it?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #208 on: May 31, 2010, 01:54:34 AM »
That one's always bugged me, too... Give me ten minutes ...

[edit]

* DocClox fiddles with gallery code
* DocClox introduces nasty bug that hangs the game

talk amongst yourselves for a while ...

[edit]

Fixed in svn
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 04:50:06 AM by DocClox »

Offline dalmedya

« Reply #209 on: May 31, 2010, 05:44:35 AM »
Gangs seem to recruit for other gangs. If you have 3 gangs with less-than-max members, and one recruits, all 3 might go up.

Not exactly bugs, but certainly things that really should be included:

If a girl is pregnant (and I assume inseminated as well) and buys an abortion item, she'll use it right away. Perhaps abortion items should be excluded from automatic usage?
Turn summary doesn't list what items the girl bought, only that she went shopping.
Currently, 'ageless' girls are set up to use an age of 100 = 'Unknown'. Perhaps it should be a trait instead, so those nasty age-changing items don't break things?