devolution

Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha  (Read 154248 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha
« Reply #210 on: May 31, 2010, 05:49:09 AM »
The stop feeding button never toggles into the start feeding button. Once you stop their food, the only way to start is to release them from the dungeon.

Offline Sigfried666

« Reply #211 on: May 31, 2010, 10:13:43 AM »
Alright, here's a tiny, ridiculously inoffensive one that I'm mentioning only for the principle of the thing: when a girl is pregnant, the profile section in the gallery shows the images from the pregnant section instead of the regular profile pics.

I always tought that was simply because pregnancy is a visible thing, and you should be able to notice she is preganant by looking at her...

Offline LordShame

« Reply #212 on: May 31, 2010, 10:48:20 AM »
Of course, it's normal for the preg images to be seen on the main girl details screen, but we're talking about the gallery screen where all of the girl's pics are available at all times. I don't think you have anything to worry about.  ;)

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #213 on: May 31, 2010, 12:01:48 PM »
Gangs seem to recruit for other gangs. If you have 3 gangs with less-than-max members, and one recruits, all 3 might go up.

When doing non-stressful activities, I think gangs normally regain 1 lost member per week. Of course, if you set them to recruit they gain something like 3 per week. I expect that's what you saw.

If a girl is pregnant (and I assume inseminated as well) and buys an abortion item, she'll use it right away. Perhaps abortion items should be excluded from automatic usage?

This is already taken care of in the upcoming patch; abortion items are no longer directly bought by girls themselves, among other things.

Turn summary doesn't list what items the girl bought, only that she went shopping.

I've thought about that before, but it slipped my mind before I noted it down. I'll go ahead and note it.

Currently, 'ageless' girls are set up to use an age of 100 = 'Unknown'. Perhaps it should be a trait instead, so those nasty age-changing items don't break things?

Might work better that way, yeah. It seems to work fine currently, though, so I'm not too inclined to mess with it any time soon.

The stop feeding button never toggles into the start feeding button. Once you stop their food, the only way to start is to release them from the dungeon.

It's the "Allow Food" button just below the "Stop Feeding" button. They're separate so you can multi-select and easily choose one or the other.

Offline Nalkyr Maloth

« Reply #214 on: May 31, 2010, 02:06:49 PM »
Does a girl hunting beasts have a small chance to get a monster girl? Because I had one pop up in my dungeon and I had no one in the catacombs. When it happened other times I just thought it might be a bug with the catacombs girl not reporting the right amount of girls captured but after this I think it's related with beast hunting.

Just a small idea I had could it be possible for the girls that go in the catacombs to keep some of the items if they feel they need them?

Offline sgb

« Reply #215 on: May 31, 2010, 10:20:22 PM »
Found a new bug: If you give a girl an item that will kill her (ie reduces health to 0 or less) the game will crash.

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #216 on: June 01, 2010, 08:14:47 AM »
Are these bugs ?

For the very first time i've sent a girl into the catacombs ( i thougt well equipped ) but was getting back raped , without money , cool scars .....
similar i sent a gang inzo catacombs . They got back only with money. BUT... in my dungeon suddenly i found two monster girls ????

Another thing for what i'm not shure : some girls i told to work in the bar : Barmaid , stripper etc... But they don't do what I have told them. The stripper works as a barmaid , the barmaid sometimes as a waitress...

attached my latest saving file

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #217 on: June 01, 2010, 08:28:43 AM »
Yeah, the bar jobs are basically a stub. Which job a girl actually does is purely random, and only the whoring is developed in any detail as yet.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #218 on: June 01, 2010, 10:59:31 AM »
Found a new bug: If you give a girl an item that will kill her (ie reduces health to 0 or less) the game will crash.

Can you provide a savegame?

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #219 on: June 01, 2010, 05:46:59 PM »
the game will also crash if you're veiwing the profiles and it goes to switch to the dead girl's profile(I was in the dungeon, sorting out girls and she was the only girl left).

exodia91

« Reply #220 on: June 01, 2010, 06:28:12 PM »
I was under the impression that pregnant sex act pictures were implemented, however I just noticed I have never seen my girls use one, ever, they always default to their usual sex pics.

Offline sgb

« Reply #221 on: June 01, 2010, 07:37:58 PM »
Can you provide a savegame?
Savegame not needed, instead here's the item list I use with my game.  Just start a game in test mode and have a girl use the Death Potion item I was testing (only effect is -100 health) to 'delete' unwanted girls until the next build fixes that issue.  It won't crash right away, but as soon as you try to leave the manage items screen it will every time.

the game will also crash if you're veiwing the profiles and it goes to   switch to the dead girl's profile(I was in the dungeon, sorting out   girls and she was the only girl left).
This is probably the actual cause of the bug then.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 07:41:56 PM by sgb »

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #222 on: June 02, 2010, 05:23:47 AM »
Savegame not needed, instead here's the item list I use with my game.  Just start a game in test mode and have a girl use the Death Potion item I was testing (only effect is -100 health) to 'delete' unwanted girls until the next build fixes that issue.  It won't crash right away, but as soon as you try to leave the manage items screen it will every time.
This is probably the actual cause of the bug then.

Ah, this one appears to have already been fixed then.

Updates committed:
* girls get the week off when they give birth
* injury system reworked slightly; injuries can now potentially result in unintended abortion if pregnant, which is distressing for the girl in question
* when girls buy stuff in their free time, it now indicates everything they bought in their Turn Summary info

I'll go ahead and post a new version shortly.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #223 on: June 02, 2010, 05:38:31 AM »
Since I'm releasing r415, here are the major included changes since the last release (r397):

* girls should no longer automatically use consumables unless the item does something which seems useful to her at the time or makes her happy (no health potion when fully healthy, no "cure for X disease" when she doesn't have "X disease", etc.); they do still buys such items, though
* girls will now unequip all armor and weapon(s) before doing most mundane jobs like whoring, customer service, cleaning, etc.; however, girls with the following traits might refuse to do so: Aggressive, Yandere, Twisted, Retarded
* girls will likewise now equip their best (most expensive) armor and weapon(s) before doing "dangerous" jobs, such as exploring catacombs, capturing beasts, or providing security; however, Retarded girls might refuse to do so
* Items.itemsx now parses new optional GirlBuyChance % value [if not specified, chance now defaults to (100% - (badness level * 5)), so 20 or more badness is 0% chance, 5 badness is 75% chance, etc.]
    This GirlBuyChance % value is checked when a girl is on free time and shopping, and has looked at a random shop item, instead of it just checking the Badness value as it used to.
So, example item (no, the chance shown for this particular item isn't sensible):
    <Item
        Name="Basic Makeup"
        Desc="This common makeup kit allows a girl to make herself prettier, though the options it offers are limited. (+8 Bea, temporary)"
        Type="Food"
        Badness="0"
        Special="Temporary"
        Cost="75"
        Rarity="Shop05"
        GirlBuyChance="60"
        Infinite="false">
        <Effect
            What="Stat"
            Name="Beauty"
            Amount="8" />
    </Item>
* girls shouldn't buy things like brainwashing oil and disguised slave collars for themselves any more, among other things; thanks to LordShame for updating all appropriate items
* updated WMEdit supporting new GirlBuyChance value provided by Solo761
* non-unique girls who are sold or fired are now simply removed from the game, though unique girls are still kept
* items bought from shop directly into a girls inventory were not depleting shop stock properly
* pregnant girls not controlled by player (should only be uniques, sold/fired by player) have their pregnancies handled just like girls controlled by the player; there are of course no announcements though and nothing gained by the player, and grown daughters are added to the buyable/recruitable girls
Fixed:
* Girl Details screen wouldn't let you go to manage a girl's inventory if it was full
* When going to Inventory Management from Girl Details screen, it would select the girl based on the name, so it could choose incorrectly if you had any girls with identical names
Fixed:
* animated images would get stuck on the image surface, where it couldn't then be changed to a non-animated one
* new girl packs were not being imported properly when loading a saved game, though the .gam.mast file was being updated
    as a result, for older savegames, you'll need to manually edit the .gam.mast file to delete out any files which you know aren't really loaded in order to get them to actually import at this point; new savegames should have no problem
* girls get the week off when they give birth
* injury system reworked slightly; injuries can now potentially result in unintended abortion if pregnant, which is distressing for the girl in question
* when girls buy stuff in their free time, it now indicates everything they bought in their Turn Summary info

Also, fixed by docclox:
* Gallery mode no longer shows pregnant images in the profile slot
* tweaked the bar working enjoyment

The r415 update with the above changes is available here.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #224 on: June 02, 2010, 06:08:05 AM »
Actually, I think I mildly messed up the bar working code - I hadn't realised +3 was standard throughout the jobs. It's not going to hurt anything much - just means that girl's enjoyment will grow slower for bar work than other activities.

I might take a look at it tonight - I'd quite like to turn the four bar jobs into separate activities, anyway.