Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha  (Read 154813 times)

Offline Nalkyr Maloth

Re: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha
« Reply #225 on: June 02, 2010, 11:01:08 AM »
There seems to be a problem with the new girls going off work for birth and girls with the incorporeal trait. After more than 4 weeks I had to manually change the old jobs in new ones and then back again to have her work again instead of taking time off even if the old jobs where selected

Offline Tempies

« Reply #226 on: June 02, 2010, 02:07:02 PM »
I'm wondering if there was a way to have a single button to click through the Week turn end news/event and even getting a Filter option on the type of events/news that are shown?

Offline FurryFanatic

« Reply #227 on: June 02, 2010, 03:14:27 PM »
Is there any way we can see the girls' libido stat? I have several girls who I have to keep off duty for weeks on end because they just don't "feel in the mood."

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #228 on: June 02, 2010, 05:54:22 PM »
There seems to be a problem with the new girls going off work for birth and girls with the incorporeal trait. After more than 4 weeks I had to manually change the old jobs in new ones and then back again to have her work again instead of taking time off even if the old jobs where selected

... What exactly is happening, now? You're saying girls with the Incorporeal trait who give birth are somehow getting stuck doing nothing each week, or what?

I'm wondering if there was a way to have a single button to click through the Week turn end news/event and even getting a Filter option on the type of events/news that are shown?

Maybe I'm just too tired lately, but I can't really make sense of this one either. Can you clarify?

Is there any way we can see the girls' libido stat? I have several girls who I have to keep off duty for weeks on end because they just don't "feel in the mood."

Not currently, no. We might add display of that along with other hidden stats at some point. As for them not feeling in the mood, it doesn't actually hurt anything other than a very minor -2 happiness drop. Libido does probably need to be reworked a little so that it's boosted more in certain situations (if the girl really enjoys it, or if she has certain traits, or similar) and likewise not dropped as much in certain situations.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #229 on: June 02, 2010, 06:48:26 PM »
Maybe I'm just too tired lately, but I can't really make sense of this one either. Can you clarify?

I think it's a request to change the way the turn summary screen works. What he'd like is a message pane with a forward and back buttons that cycled through every message in the list, along with a drop down box that lets you filter the sort of messages you see. It's not a bad idea, but it'd mean rewriting the screen, and probably half the message recording code.

Might I suggest you take a bit of a break? Maybe play something instead of developing? We don't want you burning out on this, and it's easy to do  :)

Offline Nalkyr Maloth

« Reply #230 on: June 03, 2010, 01:45:22 AM »
I'll try to be clearer:
Incorporeal girl ives birth and has week off
For the next 2-3 weeks she just rests bith shifts so by the go to selected on the summary screen I go to check her
The work tabs indicated that she has work to do and as expected health is 100 and tiredness 0 so I leave without doing anything
I advance to the next week and check the girl again, she still is only resting
I go to her screen again and this time I try changing what work she has and the going back to the old one (example. whore in bar is selected, I click on, say, Barmaid and the back on whore in bar)
Advance to next week
The girl is working again

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #231 on: June 03, 2010, 02:45:55 AM »
I think it's a request to change the way the turn summary screen works. What he'd like is a message pane with a forward and back buttons that cycled through every message in the list, along with a drop down box that lets you filter the sort of messages you see. It's not a bad idea, but it'd mean rewriting the screen, and probably half the message recording code.

Ah, sounds like a decent enough request to look into at some point. The Turn Summary screen could indeed do with an overhaul. I was planning to do a little something to improve it eventually when I switch it to XML layout.

Might I suggest you take a bit of a break? Maybe play something instead   of developing? We don't want you burning out on this, and it's easy to   do  :)

Nah, I'm good. I just haven't gotten much sleep much the past few days, and I've only done marginal coding for WM during that time.

I'll try to be clearer:
Incorporeal girl ives birth and has week off
For the next 2-3 weeks she just rests bith shifts so by the go to selected on the summary screen I go to check her
The work tabs indicated that she has work to do and as expected health is 100 and tiredness 0 so I leave without doing anything
I advance to the next week and check the girl again, she still is only resting
I go to her screen again and this time I try changing what work she has and the going back to the old one (example. whore in bar is selected, I click on, say, Barmaid and the back on whore in bar)
Advance to next week
The girl is working again

Thanks, understood. Strange. I can't figure off the top of my head how that might be happening based on the code. Can you post a savegame? I don't have any with Incorporeal girls at the moment.
EDIT: nevermind, I think I just found it... yeah, I was tired. :P  This probably calls for another quick bugfix release.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 06:51:30 AM by Dagoth »

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #232 on: June 03, 2010, 07:09:42 AM »
Since I'm releasing r416, here are the major included changes since the last release (r415):

* Now all extra "hidden" stats for girls are shown on More Details for debugging/reference data
* girls were getting stuck on Free Time after giving birth  (pretty serious bug, the reason I went ahead and released r416 already)

The r416 update with the above changes is available here.

Offline sgb

« Reply #233 on: June 04, 2010, 12:27:03 AM »
Now that I can see the numbers, whoring seems to be driving down libedo to an unreasonable degree.  In fact, it's clearly going into negatives as I have several girls with 0 libedo despite having several items with +libedo.  Buying new items with +lidebo does not increase it past 0.  The problem here is that famous girls getting 4+ customers a shift are taking small happiness hit for each customer due to having 0 libedo.  In some cases, they're losing over 10 hapiness a turn from one whoring shift.  The happiness value stabilizes so long as you have Free Time as the other shift, but if you have her try to do two actions happiness starts dropping fast.  In all cases, these girls 'Love working as a whore', yet from the numbers clearly do not love working as a whore.  It doesn't make much sense that someone pleasing 7 customers a day has no sex drive whatsoever.  A couple changes I'd suggest here:

-Libedo, and really any stat, should not go below 0.  How can you have a negative attritute or skill?  You're so bad at something that you make the people around you less skilled just by being in the room?  I didn't really like the rebelliousness change to go into negatives either.  To me 0 rebelliousness means that person will not refuse anything, yet 0 rebeliousness in game is still somewhat high.
-Whoring job satisfaction should negate and eventually reverse the libedo loss for each sex act.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:58:38 AM by sgb »

Offline GonDra

« Reply #234 on: June 04, 2010, 11:28:54 AM »
Bug in 1.30 alpha r416: It is still possible to resurrect DEAD girls with some healing item, by giving it to them through the item menu.

Offline Nalkyr Maloth

« Reply #235 on: June 05, 2010, 10:30:23 AM »
A matron that has a week off due to birth still keeps taking other girls off work if they are too tired

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #236 on: June 05, 2010, 11:05:15 AM »
Now that I can see the numbers, whoring seems to be driving down libedo to an unreasonable degree.  In fact, it's clearly going into negatives as I have several girls with 0 libedo despite having several items with +libedo.  Buying new items with +lidebo does not increase it past 0.  The problem here is that famous girls getting 4+ customers a shift are taking small happiness hit for each customer due to having 0 libedo.  In some cases, they're losing over 10 hapiness a turn from one whoring shift.  The happiness value stabilizes so long as you have Free Time as the other shift, but if you have her try to do two actions happiness starts dropping fast.  In all cases, these girls 'Love working as a whore', yet from the numbers clearly do not love working as a whore.  It doesn't make much sense that someone pleasing 7 customers a day has no sex drive whatsoever.  A couple changes I'd suggest here:

-Libedo, and really any stat, should not go below 0.  How can you have a negative attritute or skill?  You're so bad at something that you make the people around you less skilled just by being in the room?  I didn't really like the rebelliousness change to go into negatives either.  To me 0 rebelliousness means that person will not refuse anything, yet 0 rebeliousness in game is still somewhat high.
-Whoring job satisfaction should negate and eventually reverse the libedo loss for each sex act.

Having looked into the Libido situation...
It appears the game track original stats (m_Stats), permanent stat modifications (m_StatMods, not limited to +/-100), and temporary stat modifications (m_Stats, doesn't appear to be used much). Whenever the game checks a stat, it combines those three values for the stat. With libido, whoring just keeps piling more and more negative points to m_StatMods; I don't know about the other stats, though a few of the numbers look way out of whack. As an example for libido, I had a girl with 20 base libido, -320 permanent stat modification for libido, and +16 temporary stat modification, so for all intents and purposes the game sees that as 0 libido.
Hmm.
I'll dig a bit deeper to see if other currently permanent stat changes are appropriate or not; a few of the other numbers I'm seeing look quite out of whack as well. Libido should certainly only be changed temporarily by whoring rather than permanently. As for the temporary stat changes, they currently normalize towards zero by 1 point per week; I'm thinking it might be better to have it chop off 30-50% (or 1, if 30-50% < 1) of each temporary stat change value each week.

Bug in 1.30 alpha r416: It is still possible to resurrect DEAD girls with some healing item, by giving it to them through the item menu.

Thanks for the report, I'll fix that.

A matron that has a week off due to birth still keeps taking other girls off work if they are too tired

Hmm, true... I think I'll leave that one alone, though, since it's a minor convenience (:P) and would be a bit of a nuisance to fix by piling on some extra code.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 11:08:18 AM by Dagoth »

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #237 on: June 05, 2010, 12:31:18 PM »
Committed:
* permanent stat modifications should now be limited to +/- 100 in almost every case
* temporary stats changes now normalize towards 0 by 30% each week instead of by 1 point each week
* most libido changes are now temporary (largest portion from doing jobs), not permanent

EDIT: and:
* dead girls can no longer equip or use any items (no more resurrecting by giving a healing item)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:45:07 PM by Dagoth »

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #238 on: June 06, 2010, 01:29:18 PM »
* new item category "Small Weapon", covering daggers and whips and such; small weapons are considered concealable or acceptable for normal carry and are never automatically unequipped unlike regular weapons; max equipped: 1
* code for girls buying items in their free time is rewritten further to consolidate otherwise re-re-re-re-repeated code
* Starting a new "Test" (cheat) game no longer gives you Ayanami Rei; not sure why that was there, since you can Walk Around Town infinite times in cheat mode

Offline sgb

« Reply #239 on: June 06, 2010, 06:53:33 PM »
Any chance we could get an 'Underwear' category while you're making changes to items?  Right now we're forced to set them as Armour to avoid conflicts with clothing, but this of course prevents them from using actual armour and underwear at the same time.