devolution

Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha  (Read 154906 times)

Offline sgb

Re: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha
« Reply #300 on: June 18, 2010, 05:42:03 PM »
Yeah, now that it has been mentioned I've always seen disposition and suspicion rating be opposite to each other.  In my current game I've been branding everyone, letting people die, and my gangs rampage through the town.  Currently I'm Mean/Lawful.  Wut?

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #301 on: June 18, 2010, 07:15:58 PM »
When in gang management screen the first time you click on autobuy on potions then back out (may need to click next week) causes the box to uncheck. Checking it again afterwords has expected result. (Check mark stays.)
umm, something else with the auto buy, when I click the auto buy and then buy some potions it will some times come off (I think it has to be under a certain number), the same with nets. I usually don't have this happen if I have more then 80 potions.

Noted. I'll look into it.

Currently I'm Mean/Lawful.  Wut?

So you have a Lawful Evil character?  :D

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #302 on: June 18, 2010, 09:16:58 PM »
Currently I'm Mean/Lawful.  Wut?

As far as the cops can tell you've broken no laws. Like many a mob boss before you, you can claim to be a "respectable businessman".

It's just that in private you've got a bit of a nasty streak. That's all.

Offline Samu

« Reply #303 on: June 18, 2010, 10:25:03 PM »

So you have a Lawful Evil character?  :D

lol D&D/NWN  ::) 8)

Offline drake

« Reply #304 on: June 19, 2010, 12:44:56 AM »
Hi, I have been following this game for a few weeks now, LOVE IT.  I thought I'd say hi and let you know bout a few bugs I noticed.  First, are the already talked about autobuy health potions coming unclicked, and the disposition/suspicion inversion.  There are two others that I haven't seen you talk about.  One of the more annoying ones has happened to me twice, although I don't know what causes it.  Sometimes after the game crashes, and you load the game, it seems to reset the unque girls so you start getting copies.  To be clear, it acts as if you are in a new game as far as which girls have already been acquired, so you can end up with 2 of each.  A second bug, the comment in "the dead" about the Deepthroat of Death reminded me.  On accident when I wasn't paying attention I killed a girl in the dungeon girl details screen and the game crashed.  On further inspection I figured out that it only does this if you are in the details screen of the last girl on the list and she dies, either from torture or force.  If it is another girl it just switches the screen to another girl.  Third, and minor is that the sort by column seems to reset to the chronological order one when you enter the detail screen in the dungeon.

Sorry for the long post, I really enjoy the game.

P.S. Any time frame on the next build after 417, you seem to have squashed a few bugs, including the libido one and I would like to check it out.  Hope I didn't sound ungrateful or anything cause this game is really cool.

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #305 on: June 19, 2010, 12:49:19 AM »
drake you just sound grateful and curious to me and I am sure the dev team thanks you for helping them find any bugs.
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #306 on: June 19, 2010, 01:11:28 PM »
Sometimes after the game crashes, and you load the game, it seems to reset the unque girls so you start getting copies.  To be clear, it acts as if you are in a new game as far as which girls have already been acquired, so you can end up with 2 of each.

I'll note it down to look into it, though I'm not sure whether I'll be able to track it down.

On accident when I wasn't paying attention I killed a girl in the dungeon girl details screen and the game crashed.  On further inspection I figured out that it only does this if you are in the details screen of the last girl on the list and she dies, either from torture or force.  If it is another girl it just switches the screen to another girl.

I think Doc fixed the cause of that one a few days ago.

Third, and minor is that the sort by column seems to reset to the chronological order one when you enter the detail screen in the dungeon.

I couldn't initially reproduce this one, but I've got it now; it only happens if you click the View Details button. As a workaround for the time being, you can just double-click the name of the girl you want to view the details of, which is what I always use anyway. I'll see about fixing it for the next version, though.

P.S. Any time frame on the next build after 417

Pretty soon. A few more fixes, and maybe a bit more Lua scripting support from Doc, and I'll go ahead and release another version. I didn't feel like there was as much of a rush for this next one since there are finally almost no commonly occurring game-breaking bugs in the last one (r416).

Sorry for the long post, I really enjoy the game.

No worries, and welcome aboard.  :)

Offline Samu

« Reply #307 on: June 19, 2010, 05:19:01 PM »

I couldn't initially reproduce this one, but I've got it now; it only happens if you click the View Details button. As a workaround for the time being, you can just double-click the name of the girl you want to view the details of, which is what I always use anyway. I'll see about fixing it for the next version, though.

I would like that the effect remains somewhere since i like to have my girls listed in cronological order.

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #308 on: June 19, 2010, 05:53:56 PM »
I would like that the effect remains somewhere since i like to have my girls listed in cronological order.

Same, first time I discovered the sort function I panicked a little. Happy It was undoable.
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #309 on: June 19, 2010, 06:24:05 PM »

There's an un-sort button to the far right of the column headers.

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #310 on: June 19, 2010, 09:44:25 PM »
Less of a Bug issue and more of a gameplay issue. But may count as a bug if this was an oversight.  Level: annoyance.

When having a girl explore the catacombs and having a matron working in her brothel. There is a point where the girls health is low enough that she gets continually monster ravaged every week. Yet her health isn't low enough to trigger the matron to take her off work for rest. Eventually her health will dip down low enough for the matron to take her off. But that was a few weeks of that girl only being raped by monsters and no loot.

The "fix" obviously would be for me to take her off work myself, then put her back on when she is healthy. Or give her healing salves. But I did hire a matron for the express purpose of alleviating those micromanagement concerns. Also, when the matron takes the catacomb girl off, she puts her back to work with her health is in the 80's thus shortening the amount of time before there will be an episode of La Blue Girl down there. 

So I humbly ask that you take a look at matrons specifically for catacomb girls. Have the matrons take them off work the first time they get Monster ravaged and not put them back to work till they are 100% health. My sanity thanks you in advance  :)

Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline Nalkyr Maloth

« Reply #311 on: June 20, 2010, 01:15:03 PM »
Quote   from: drake on June 18, 2010, 11:44:56 PM<blockquote>Sometimes after the game crashes, and you   load the game, it seems to reset the unque girls so you start getting   copies.  To be clear, it acts as if you are in a new game as far as   which girls have already been acquired, so you can end up with 2 of   each.
</blockquote> 
I'll note it down to look into   it, though I'm not sure whether I'll be able to track it down.

Something similar happened to me some time ago, but I didn't report it because it was more me messing things up. I currently have all girls in a single .girlsx file, so when a new pack came out I added the girls to the file, started a new game and then tried to manually edit the save file of the previous game. Saving the now edited file messed up the formatting so the game loaded but the game didn't recognize any info (brothel name, week\month, money and all that stuff, didn't check the girls). So i quitted and loaded the autosave and in that instance it re-loaded the girlsx file thus inserting in the girls twice.
I must point out that this was the only instance where loading the autosave also re-parsed the girlsx file, but also it was the only time I didn't start a new game when I had new girls.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #312 on: June 20, 2010, 02:09:34 PM »
um.. the newest version (416) load automaticly new girl files... 
i made alle girl files to one too yesterday and it worked fine in my running game.
why fear 6 7? 7 8 9! (just say it loud and you understand ... mh... jokes you have to explain are crap... Sorry ^^)

Offline Nalkyr Maloth

« Reply #313 on: June 20, 2010, 02:15:17 PM »
problem is (or was) when you add new girls to an existing girls file

Offline xhui

« Reply #314 on: June 20, 2010, 03:07:42 PM »
i found that the girls even wight no rebelliousness and Obedience at 100 still refuse stuff a lot actually  also i give the girls disguised slave bands and it docent make them slaves or gives them controlled trait only increases a little obedience not the amount it says i might add which again seems to no be doing its job sry if its been said i tried checking dint find it so