Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha  (Read 154204 times)

Offline Wispowill

Re: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha
« Reply #315 on: June 21, 2010, 06:37:27 PM »
I think the "Town Hero" matter is related to the fact you kept all your girls. I generally try to play "good guy" type of games. I've noticed before that freeing and firing girls tends to make your reputation drop like a rock. I generally fire most of the random type girls I end up with, so end up being Town Scum in very little time. I haven't yet seen any obvious way to raise it again once it has fallen. This is somewhat like the Disposition matter where letting a debtor go free doesn't raise disposition but putting him into a dungeon for a reasonable time does. I guess being Mean in Moderation seems to affect the underlying stats more than being a Nice Guy.

I've also had problems with the mouse wheel selecting stuff in the inventory screens when I haven't clicked on anything. I was definitely in the lists. I stopped using the mouse wheel as I assumed it more or less hadn't been programmed for it.

Offline drake

« Reply #316 on: June 21, 2010, 07:17:42 PM »
perhaps I hadn't been clear about the duplication of girls, I hadn't touched the girls file when it happened.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #317 on: June 21, 2010, 07:47:03 PM »
perhaps I hadn't been clear about the duplication of girls, I hadn't touched the girls file when it happened.

Here's a thought. Did you delete the .gam.mast file, or load the autosave (which doesn't have one)? It now occurs to me that that might have it load up every .girlsx file. If that's what is happening, I could add in an exception where it doesn't load any girls if the .gam.mast file is just plain missing.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #318 on: June 21, 2010, 08:44:01 PM »
I've had the same thing happen with the money, I figure that the text isn't accounting for gang activity, which
I usually have set to catacombs.

I was wondering, has anyone looked at how the file names are handled? 'cause I remember that in 1.29 people were having trouble making bdsmpreg images.

Offline Spacebird

« Reply #319 on: June 21, 2010, 09:17:17 PM »
Here's a thought. Did you delete the .gam.mast file, or load the autosave (which doesn't have one)? It now occurs to me that that might have it load up every .girlsx file. If that's what is happening, I could add in an exception where it doesn't load any girls if the .gam.mast file is just plain missing.

I've also experienced duplication of non-random girls, especially when they're obtained from the Slave Market. This is after combining all the girls into one *.girlsx file, checking carefully for any repeated names, and removing all but the one main girls file, and restarting (since I've noted modifying the girlsx files during a game causes my game to crash).

Is it possible that the game is also reading the backup files?

Offline d31r3x

• Town Wards Martyr.
« Reply #320 on: June 22, 2010, 06:27:25 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I have girls losing the "masochist" trait that they previously gained by means of torture. I don't know if this trait wears off if you don't keep torturing the poor girls from time to time (that's mean) or something like that.
I just realized, so I don't know if it happens when reloading a game or when hitting "next week". I'll test it.

Cheers.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #321 on: June 22, 2010, 08:39:10 PM »
Is it possible that the game is also reading the backup files?

Here's exactly what the game does. It stores a list of all .girlsx files which it has loaded in the .gam.mast file (stored by filename, not contents or anything like that). It then scans the Characters folder for a list of all files with a name that end in .girlsx, checks to see if that filename is already loaded in .gam.mast, and if not, it loads that .girlsx file.
So, if you have "backups" in that folder which end in .girlsx, yes, they will be imported. Likewise, if you rename a file, the game will of course see it as a new file and again import it.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I have girls losing the "masochist" trait that they previously gained by means of torture.

I can guess why, added traits default to being temporary unless specified as permanent. I'll check into it and fix it.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 08:40:44 PM by Dagoth »

Offline Spacebird

« Reply #322 on: June 22, 2010, 11:04:48 PM »
Here's exactly what the game does. It stores a list of all .girlsx files which it has loaded in the .gam.mast file (stored by filename, not contents or anything like that). It then scans the Characters folder for a list of all files with a name that end in .girlsx, checks to see if that filename is already loaded in .gam.mast, and if not, it loads that .girlsx file.
So, if you have "backups" in that folder which end in .girlsx, yes, they will be imported. Likewise, if you rename a file, the game will of course see it as a new file and again import it.

When I say Back-up I mean the girlsx.bak file the editor creates. As these screenshots show, I have only one .girlsx file in the charachters folders. At this point in the game I have two copies of Konan and Lina Inverse, who are definitely only listed once each.  The game log and saves are in the archive file.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 11:23:04 PM by Spacebird »

Offline Spacebird

« Reply #323 on: June 22, 2010, 11:26:54 PM »
Separate issue: I keep getting this error when closing the game down. The actual .exe is shut down, but the .svn window hangs up.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #324 on: June 23, 2010, 03:37:18 AM »
Yeah, the crash on exit happens pretty often. I haven't been able to pin it down myself even after looking into it a couple of times; the best I can tell, it's crashing when trying to clear an image from memory (specifically a girl image, I think) which was already cleared from memory. I couldn't figure out how that was happening, particularly since it seems to happen completely randomly.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #325 on: June 23, 2010, 03:38:30 AM »
Yeah, there's a crash-on-exit bug lurking in there somewhere. Seems to be a double-free in the resouce manager. I've taken a couple of pops at finding it, but no luck so far

PS. Dagoth beath me to it :)

[edit]

I think what happens is that a girl image gets freed by the girl destructor, and then the resource manager tries to free it again. valgrind tells me it's a double free crash, and reports the location as the resource manager.

I'm just not clear on how to stop it from happening.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 03:40:26 AM by DocClox »

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #326 on: June 24, 2010, 04:48:10 AM »
Fixes committed:
* some controls (buttons, edit boxes, checkboxes) were responding to mouse scroll wheel movements as regular clicks, which they now ignore; this showed up most in the Inventory Management screen
* "auto buy" checkboxes are no longer displayed unless you have some of the item in question, to allay confusion based on it not staying checked when you have 0 of that item; setting it to auto-buy 0 of something makes no sense
* traits gained from torture in the dungeon (Broken Will, Masochist, and Mind Fucked) are no longer incorrectly set as temporary
* un-sort header on far right of listboxes could be incorrectly triggered by clicks a bit to the right of the listbox (leading to "View Details" button in dungeon sometimes additionally unsorting dungeon girl list)
* if the .gam.mast file couldn't be read (missing or otherwise) when loading a game, it will now assume you have all existing character packs (.girlsx files) loaded, instead of re-loading all of them and resulting in duplicate unique girls

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #327 on: June 24, 2010, 04:55:36 AM »
Fixes committed:
* some controls (buttons, edit boxes, checkboxes) were responding to mouse scroll wheel movements as regular clicks, which they now ignore; this showed up most in the Inventory Management screen

Ah, good! Im glad you got that one. I was starting to think it was the trackpad on my laptop acting up. :)

Offline ker

« Reply #328 on: June 25, 2010, 11:55:49 AM »
Sounds like there's been alot of bug fixes since 416.  Any way we could have those put together and released?  The Lib bug in particular is annoying.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #329 on: June 26, 2010, 05:26:27 AM »
Since I've released 1.30.1 beta r450 over here, below is the main changelist since 1.30.0 alpha r416:

* permanent stat modifications should now be limited to +/- 100 in almost every case
* temporary stats changes now normalize towards 0 by 30% each week instead of by 1 point each week
* most libido changes are now temporary (largest portion from doing jobs), not permanent
* dead girls can no longer equip or use any items (no more resurrecting by giving a healing item)
* new item category "Small Weapon", covering daggers and whips and such; small weapons are considered concealable or acceptable for normal carry and are never automatically unequipped unlike regular weapons; max equipped: 1
* code for girls buying items in their free time is rewritten further to consolidate otherwise re-re-re-re-repeated code
* Starting a new "Test" (cheat) game no longer gives you Ayanami Rei; not sure why that was there, since you can Walk Around Town infinite times in cheat mode
* updated WMEdit by Solo761, to support "Small Weapon" category
* updated items file by LordShame
** new Slider control for selecting numerical values
* You now set each brothel's advertising budget on the Brothel Setup screen.
* Girls who do the advertising job now boost the effectiveness of your advertising budget by a certain percentage, based on Service skill, a few stats, and some traits, as described below.
    Foremost is the girl's Service skill. A distant second are Charisma and Intelligence. Third, Beauty and Fame. Several traits can further increase her effectiveness on par with 100% Beauty or Fame: Psychic, Cool Person, Sexy Air, Charismatic, and Charming. Some traits on the other hand reduce effectiveness: Nervous and Clumsy are minor reductions, while Retarded and Malformed are major ones.
* You can see what percentage a girl boosted your advertising effectiveness in her Turn Summary info, and you likewise get a breakdown of what brought in customers on the brothel's Turn Summary info
* new option in config.xml to disable feature which auto-equips and auto-unequips combat gear for different jobs
* fixed mission description for "have total of X girls" in Player House screen
* slave daughters now correctly have house percentage set at 100
* raised threshold for matron cheering up unhappy girls from 20 happiness to 40
* switched "House Percentage" on Girl Details screen to use new slider control
* rewrote / cleaned up portions of Slider display code and most of Scrollbar display code for lower memory usage and proper alpha transparency
* Turn Summary screen's "Go To Selected" for brothel girls resulted in broken prev/next on Girl Details screen; fixed
* Turn Summary screen's "Go To Selected" now works for dungeon girls
* When returning to Turn Summary screen from Girl Details screen, last viewed girl on Girl Details screen is now selected
* unique girls can be virgins again, based on nearly the same criteria as random girls (basically, young age and/or lack of sex skills)
* objective to get specific number of gangs can no longer go higher than the limit ( 8 )
* reduced happiness / love from giving items to girls
* "auto buy" checkboxes are no longer displayed unless you have some of the item in question, to allay confusion based on it not staying checked when you have 0 of that item; setting it to auto-buy 0 of something makes no sense
* traits gained from torture in the dungeon (Broken Will, Masochist, and Mind Fucked) are no longer incorrectly set as temporary
* un-sort header on far right of listboxes could be incorrectly triggered by clicks a bit to the right of the listbox (leading to "View Details" button in dungeon sometimes additionally unsorting dungeon girl list)
* if the .gam.mast file couldn't be read (missing or otherwise) when loading a game, it will now assume you have all existing character packs (.girlsx files) loaded, instead of re-loading all of them and resulting in duplicate unique girls

Of course, there's also partial support for using Lua event scripts added by DocClox, with the first example script being a meeting script for Chun Li when you're walking around town.

I'm locking this bug report topic and creating a new one for organizational purposes, since the new release is a more officially supported beta, rather than an alpha.