devolution

Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha  (Read 154940 times)

Offline xorgroth

• Not active, RIP WM
Re: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2010, 04:51:01 AM »
And 10 minutes later I find out that it was...plus wrong save game attached as well. Should probably go to bed, wasn't correctly reading my randomgirls.rgirlsx file. Since I merged the Randomgirls and Randomgirlsaddon together. Was unable to read the end tag </Girls> for some reason. No other close tags for girls either, strange but fixed.

Offline RyRain

« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2010, 05:24:33 AM »
Not sure if this has been reported or not but there's a glitch with the beast capture job. I set a girl to beast capture, and she caught two. Then I set her to beast cartaker (she's my only girl atm) and the turn summery says she enjoyed playing with the bests but every subsequent day I have 2 more.

Offline WonderDog

• Dev Team
WorkWhoring
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2010, 06:34:08 AM »
Ok I Looked at the code for Whoring job and fixed a few things and made a few assumptions plugin in the numbers.

If deadbeat customers are still too high we need change the divisors.

If Whoring on the streets  still too much we either need to drop income more or number of customers

Code: [Select]
    /*
     *    WD:    Modified to fix customer service problems.. I hope :)
     *    Change logic as original code is based on linked list of customers
     *    not random generation for each call to GetCustomer()
     *    Pricing issues seem to be resolved with getting lots of money
     *    from customer that cant pay
     *    The numbers I have added need to be tested
     *    Limit number customers a girl can fuck to 10 max
     *    Limit the number of customers a girl can see if they will
     *    fuck her from 5 to Max Customers * 2
     *    Redid the code for deadbeat customers
     *    % Chance of customers without any money getting service is
     *  100 - (CUST_INT * 3), ZERO chance if int > 33
     *    % Chance of customer refusing to pay despite haying funds is
     *    (100 - CUST_HAPPINESS]) / 10
     *    Only decrement filithniess when service is performed in brothel
     *    Street Work will not decrement number customers
     *  Street work will only service 66% number of customers
     *    Street Work will only generate 66% of brothel income   
     *    Street Work Really needs its own NumCustomers() counter
     *    Rival gangs can damage girls doing Street Work
     *  % Chance of destroying rival gang is depended on best of
     *    max(SKILL_COMBAT, SKILL_MAGIC) / 3
     *    Changed message for rival gangs attacking street girls to give
     *    EVENT_WARNING
     *  Fixed end of shift messages
     */

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: WorkWhoring
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2010, 06:51:41 AM »
If deadbeat customers are still too high we need change the divisors.

If Whoring on the streets  still too much we either need to drop income more or number of customers

Possibly worth adding the factors to the config file? If nothing else, it's easier to fiddle with them then.

Offline WonderDog

• Dev Team
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2010, 09:32:08 AM »
Possibly worth adding the factors to the config file? If nothing else, it's easier to fiddle with them then.

Ok good Idea,  Who is looking after the config file?

Ok slight error in previous patch  ;D .  Said a Max of 10 customers I actually programmed = 10

New patch WorkWhore for build 352

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2010, 09:34:09 AM »
Ok good Idea,  Who is looking after the config file?

I can do it. It's mainly a case of cut and paste anyway.

What divisors did you have in mind?

Offline Adamwest69

« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2010, 09:49:43 AM »
I think the pregnancy issue may have to do with items causing/forcing a girl to become pregnant. I tested it again in a new game (with the most recent updates) and after 40 weeks, the girls that I impregnated using an item still haven't given birth.

I confirmed this... I tested it by getting a girl pregnant normally and it works, using a device that changes the statistic, causes the countdown to freeze.

AW69
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 09:56:01 AM by Adamwest69 »

Offline WonderDog

• Dev Team
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2010, 10:02:51 AM »
I can do it. It's mainly a case of cut and paste anyway.

What divisors did you have in mind?

I will send you the details in the next few days. 

Off the top of my head..

MaxCustomers              =  10
WorkStreetIncome       =  0.66
WorkStreetCustomer   = 0.66
NopayINTdivisor           =  30
NopayHAPPYdivisor      =  30
RivalGangChance         = 5

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2010, 11:37:30 AM »
I think the pregnancy issue may have to do with items causing/forcing a girl to become pregnant. I tested it again in a new game (with the most recent updates) and after 40 weeks, the girls that I impregnated using an item still haven't given birth.

I confirmed this... I tested it by getting a girl pregnant normally and it works, using a device that changes the statistic, causes the countdown to freeze.

AW69
I'll mark it down. Do you have an example item definition I could use to test it?

Anyway, stuff I've done since the last progress report:
* Random girls would quite often default to 30 in all skills; value name lookup table was not being initialized correctly
* changed debug output from failure to load trigger file to better indicate it's not a problem ("Assuming this is a girl with no special triggers")
* the picture of the last selected girl in the girl management window would sometimes be shown when no girl was selected (or existed for that matter)
* Shift-selecting items in listboxes which support multiselect was hit-and-miss; rewrote that code so that it should respond exactly as expected

EDIT: by the way, if you're curious about how to add in new config variables yourself, you could use this commit as an example.
Additions to config.xml
Changes to sConfig.cpp
Changes to sConfig.h
  And an example of referencing the config data, in case you need it, is near the top of the changes here.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:48:13 AM by Dagoth »

Offline FurryFanatic

« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2010, 04:03:39 PM »
Anyone else notice that when your advertising level gets to a certain level it resets back to zero?

Offline jacq2e

« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2010, 04:59:20 PM »
When whoring somewhere, the girls description shows what she does, not where. (Same in the summary)

What do you mean, "where"? Like "on the street" vs. "in the brothel" or something?

I mean there is no difference in the management screen and the summary's screen when a girl is whoring inside the bar or the gambling hall.
This might be an useless info right now, but it can pinpoint where the girl is working (or give bonus) more easily.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 05:01:09 PM by jacq2e »

Offline sgb

« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2010, 05:28:21 PM »
I've had a fairly repeatable crash occur in Manage Inventory.  If you transfer from the shop directly to a girl, there's about a 25% chance on any transfer that it crashes for me.  This does not seem to occur when going from the shop to player, or player to girl.

How many girls do you have whoring? I haven't checked on this one, but   I think it fully depends on that. With just a few girls whoring, I   agree it shouldn't show up as often as once every other week.
Even with only about 8 girls whoring, it was popping up once every three weeks or so.  With 40 girls, it's near constant.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 05:31:48 PM by sgb »

Offline LordShame

« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2010, 06:28:34 PM »
I've had a fairly repeatable crash occur in Manage Inventory.  If you transfer from the shop directly to a girl, there's about a 25% chance on any transfer that it crashes for me.  This does not seem to occur when going from the shop to player, or player to girl.

I just noticed something similar while testing my pack. Items with a non-zero "How bad is it" stat crash the game 100% of the time when going directly from the store inventory to a girl's inventory. Buying to the player's inventory then transferring to a girl is still fine.

Also, there's an old issue pointed out in my pack's thread some time ago that I'm not sure has been noted lately: the make-up items I made, which are simple temporary beauty boosts, screw up the girl's pictures something fierce. Sometimes the "profile" category is literally obliterated from the gallery and the picture reverts to the default "girl with yellow jacket and panties", sometimes no picture shows up anymore and the game tends to crash, maybe not right away but when it does stuff related to that girl, like displaying the weekly report. This seems to happen both with my old 3.0 item pack and with the new default items which includes them. The perfumes work fine, even though they are almost identical items (they apply to charisma instead of beauty), and the permanent beauty increasers work without problems, so my uninformed guess is that something is wrong with temporary beauty increases specifically.

Offline Wispowill

« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2010, 04:44:43 PM »
Finally back home and played r349 on Vista x64.

As the cost for everything has gone up considerably I couldn't make any money without some rather extreme micro-management. There also seems to be something the game isn't reporting properly that is causing major cash hemorhaging if playing for extended periods of time. For the very first game it took nearly 8 hrs to reach a point I could buy the first house at which point the game was subtracting around 450 gold a turn AFTER reporting what my overall profit was. After buying the second house this figure went up to around 3000-3500 gold a turn after the report and after several more weeks it reached a point that made it impossible to go any further. This was 3000 cash on hand +1800 overall profit =automatic game over (below -5000).  This is a 10K difference between what was reported and what the game was thinking.  My first thought was that something is either not clearing a variable somewhere or subtracting something it should be adding, but after reading through the other bug reports perhaps it has something to do with advertising since I was doing a lot of that.

My second game I started the micro-management from the very beginning, but once again after obtaining the first house I was hemorhaging around -4500 gold a day after reports. (This was about two years or so of game time.) I was also having days where I was losing -1500 to -2500 even on the reports themselves despite that fact that the girls seem to be in full production when double-checking through all of the events on the screen. At one point during this I saw that one girl, not very experienced, had "made" 3K with only six customers. After several weeks she only had 2K herself. The game was reporting the average paying customer for her was 69 gold or something like that. Also noted that this average paying customer field seems capped at 100, although some of my more productive girls seemed to be actually making 120 or 150 per customer.

The read me file (yes, a few of us actually do look at those) says that ALL girls are 18+. Despite this disclaimer there are quite a few 14-17 year olds running around. There really isn't any point in having the disclaimer at all if the game clearly marks the girls otherwise.

I was fairly certain from the 1.29 line that sons matured faster than daughters, and this seems to be true for the 1.30 line as well. I was able to play long enough for several sons to be sold, but not long enough for any of the daughters to appear. Come to think of it, I could probably double-check this by changing the config file to something smaller, but not inclined to play much more until the cash hemorhaging problem is fixed. Even if it's something legitimate, like advertising expense, it should be added in BEFORE the overall profit screen is displayed. I really don't like being told I made 2.8K today just to find that I'm really 3.6K in debt.

It's possible for more than 1 matron to be in a house by forcing a matron to rest and reassigning another girl to be matron. When the first girl is through resting she auto-magically becomes matron again resulting in two matrons. Also, matrons occasionally have problems over and over and over again "comforting" a tired girl when she needs instead to be taken off-line to rest.

Had extreme problems with the "filth" on my first game. In a house of 20 girls, 6 of them were cleaing both morning and evening and I was still accumulating 100 pts a day. It was 1500 when I obtained my second house and moved all the girls to the second house. I left three girls there in the first house to clean full time and it took 4 turns to clean up.

My second game I was able to control the filth with just three girls cleaing just one shift a day, so I don't know what was going on the first time.

I had the game crash once, when moving a girl with 0 happiness from the dungeon, but the auto-save game loaded in like a charm.

Had 1 girl take out a full 15-man squad of 100-100-100 trained goons while trying to escape branding. Given the length of time it takes to train squads this did not please me much.

When applying magic makeup to a girl her pictures automatically changed to the defaults for all classes except anal and pregnency. This continued until I got rid of the girl. The pictures had been correct until applying the magic makeup item.

I also like the old picture handler a bit better than the current one. The aspect ratios for some of the pictures look rather wierd right now, although this is just as much the fault of the pictures as well.  I did see that support for animated pictures is being added to the game which I look forward to being implemented.

Concerning girls coming back after firing, I'm of a mixed mind for this. Sometimes I sell the girl because I just can't afford everyone at the moment. But more often, I don't wan't a girl that's come in and don't want her back. Since the starvation routines only drop 5 health now, instead of 10 like an earlier version I saw, it takes a long time to starve a girl to death. And for Incorporeal enabled girls, you can't starve them either. I don't like monster girls, but like the rare items one sometimes finds in the catacombs, which can easily result in a couple of hundred monster girls flooding the slave market if I don't starve them off.

There might have been some other things but I wasn't taking notes this time like some other times.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 04:55:02 PM by Wispowill »

Offline Zeus

« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2010, 05:33:47 PM »
i don't realy know if this is the Problem: When i say a Girl to do a Job for the Movies (i told in first One girl to do the Fluffer job) The Games Crashed when i click on the next week button (same after i told 2 girls to be fluffing), i don't tried with any other Movie job...

woaaa... Late Night here and my english is getting Worst >-<... i think next time i try the f*** google translator... (i hate those things... i know how things sound when you translate english to german... i think its not better when translating german to english...)
so ... Good Night Folks
why fear 6 7? 7 8 9! (just say it loud and you understand ... mh... jokes you have to explain are crap... Sorry ^^)