Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha  (Read 154247 times)

Offline LordShame

Re: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2010, 02:15:43 AM »
I can't duplicate this now in r385 (tried with Slave Band, Shackles of the Mundane, Ritual of Domination) and the affected code hasn't been changed since then. Are you sure it's not something else causing the crash?
Also, can you provide a save file in which it seems to consistently happen with a specific girl?

Okay, I've done a lot of tests and followed a bunch of false leads, so apparently it's either more or less complicated than I thought. The "LS" attachment below is a save game with one girl, on a fresh install, everything default. I start the program, load the game, go to town, to the shop, then get her, say, Fairy Dust, Lace Lingerie or a Leash, and the game crashes, always. It might not be entirely related to the badness stat, because I can get her, say, a Brothel Gown and get away with it; however all the items I've seen cause a crash so far have had a non-zero badness.

The same thing happens when I start a new game, basically; this isn't just that specific save. However, "Test" brothels work fine and don't crash. If I start the program, load the "Test" game attached below, then go to the shop, I can buy the girl any item I want without problems.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2010, 03:17:31 AM »
Okay, I've done a lot of tests and followed a bunch of false leads, so apparently it's either more or less complicated than I thought. The "LS" attachment below is a save game with one girl, on a fresh install, everything default. I start the program, load the game, go to town, to the shop, then get her, say, Fairy Dust, Lace Lingerie or a Leash, and the game crashes, always. It might not be entirely related to the badness stat, because I can get her, say, a Brothel Gown and get away with it; however all the items I've seen cause a crash so far have had a non-zero badness.

The same thing happens when I start a new game, basically; this isn't just that specific save. However, "Test" brothels work fine and don't crash. If I start the program, load the "Test" game attached below, then go to the shop, I can buy the girl any item I want without problems.
Aha, thanks. I've duplicated it and pinned it down with the help of that LS save. It was when the badness was 20 or higher, and was crashing since it was incorrectly checking the player inventory item of that same index number for a couple of the comparisons. With the large Test inventory, those checks went through fine in that case. So it was a rather old leftover which had just been missed so far. It should be fixed in the next release.

Offline TF

« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2010, 06:36:21 AM »
I don't know if it's meant to be this way or not, but money taken out of the bank appears to be taxed as income. Seems like a bug to me, but if it's not, with the interest rate at the bank being what it is, it seems as though it's not worthwhile to put money into the bank in the first place.

Offline FurryFanatic

« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2010, 10:53:09 AM »
Dagoth, when I first put the update into the game I was able to get to the next week with no crashing.  However, when I tried to continue to the following week, it crashed again and still will not push through.  Posting my save.

Offline LordShame

« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2010, 05:55:03 PM »
Aha, thanks. I've duplicated it and pinned it down with the help of that LS save. It was when the badness was 20 or higher, and was crashing since it was incorrectly checking the player inventory item of that same index number for a couple of the comparisons. With the large Test inventory, those checks went through fine in that case. So it was a rather old leftover which had just been missed so far. It should be fixed in the next release.

Heheh, sometimes I wish I wasn't so obsessed with making sure the problem isn't on my end, that would have saved me a lot of time. (Though I guess it can be kind of a good thing sometimes.) Good work tracking that one down!

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2010, 11:53:59 PM »
I don't know if it's meant to be this way or not, but money taken out of the bank appears to be taxed as income. Seems like a bug to me, but if it's not, with the interest rate at the bank being what it is, it seems as though it's not worthwhile to put money into the bank in the first place.
Yeah, that doesn't sound right. I'll mark it down to look into.

Dagoth, when I first put the update into the game I was able to get to the next week with no crashing.  However, when I tried to continue to the following week, it crashed again and still will not push through.  Posting my save.
I'll check it later and post back.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2010, 03:49:06 AM »
Are you sure you're running r385? It should say in the top bar. I ask because r385 should fix the problem you were having, where endless fights would cause the game to hang.

I loaded up your game and went through maybe 15 weeks or so without incident in the current debug mode, then again with a Release copy of r385. I can't duplicate your crash/hang.

Offline FurryFanatic

« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2010, 01:52:15 PM »
Yup, the version is 385.  I even tried putting the 385 files in and running straight through without altering anything, but it instantly crashes when I try to go to the next week.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2010, 02:07:02 PM »
In that case, I don't think your current crashing is due to anything in the core game. It might be due to an item or script added, or something similar.

Have you tried extracting out a new unmodified game folder (no new items or girls or whatever) and plopping your savegame into it, then trying to load it up and go to the next week? The girls won't have their pictures, but it should otherwise work.

Offline ElvisLives

« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2010, 04:46:48 PM »
Sorry if this one has already been posted:

Bug involving traits, pregnancy, and birth.

Version r385 (edit: originally said 349)

Girls in my brothels seem to be picking up semi-random traits upon giving birth. These traits include nymphomania, incest, and your daughter. A complicating matter: I'm giving the girls the sterile trait between conception and birth, could that be the issue?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 06:28:17 PM by ElvisLives »

Offline sgb

« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2010, 05:07:13 PM »
There was a bug in the older versions with the random girl file not initializing properly.  Upgrade to the newest patch and test it again.

Offline ElvisLives

« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2010, 06:27:32 PM »
Sorry, forgot to mention that these are non-random girls. Also I just checked and I wrote the wrong version. I do have r385 not r349 like I had originally posted.

exodia91

« Reply #147 on: May 17, 2010, 08:48:05 PM »
In the summary screen the girl summaries say she enjoyed it a lot at the bottom of every sex act, even if it said she didn't enjoy it or marginally enjoyed it above. Running latest version.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #148 on: May 17, 2010, 10:51:02 PM »
Sorry if this one has already been posted:

Bug involving traits, pregnancy, and birth.

Version r385 (edit: originally said 349)

Girls in my brothels seem to be picking up semi-random traits upon giving birth. These traits include nymphomania, incest, and your daughter. A complicating matter: I'm giving the girls the sterile trait between conception and birth, could that be the issue?

Can you post a save which consistently shows this behaviour?

In the summary screen the girl summaries say she enjoyed it a lot at the bottom of every sex act, even if it said she didn't enjoy it or marginally enjoyed it above. Running latest version.

Yeah, that discrepancy is indeed odd. I'll mark it down.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: May 17, 2010, 10:59:16 PM »
Another commit, while I have it stable.

Fixed:
* auto-buy healing potions and nets options were not reset on "new game"
* bank withdrawals should no longer be taxed; by extension, money taken from girls or given by scripts is no longer taxed
* bad items sent directly from the shop to a girl's inventory could still cause a crash

* not a change as such, but a note: since girls now buy things in their free time (r385), they will sometimes buy and use an item which gives an abortion, so if you see a girl you thought was pregnant/inseminated is no longer pregnant... you now have a good idea why.