Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha  (Read 153800 times)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2010, 04:03:04 AM »
If this is stable, are we ready to call it "Beta"?

If so we should tag it before something breaks again. And then I'll use that to start merging in some of the Lua stuff I've been working on :)

Offline Sigfried666

« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2010, 08:03:49 AM »
I was doing a lot of quitting-reloading, so it is probably a file corruption, but...
I had two pregnant girls suddenly not being pregannt anymore. Ok, perhaps they had abortions, could be.
But instead, they ended up giving birth to monsters, as if they were inseminated, while they had no pregnancy/inseminated status anymore.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #152 on: May 18, 2010, 09:41:21 AM »
If this is stable, are we ready to call it "Beta"?

If so we should tag it before something breaks again. And then I'll use that to start merging in some of the Lua stuff I've been working on :)
Well, I was referring to "stable" as in no extra half-worked fixes or changes started (I prefer to commit tested working code only), but... yeah, I'd say it is probably stable enough to tag as beta now.

I was doing a lot of quitting-reloading, so it is probably a file corruption, but...
I had two pregnant girls suddenly not being pregannt anymore. Ok, perhaps they had abortions, could be.
But instead, they ended up giving birth to monsters, as if they were inseminated, while they had no pregnancy/inseminated status anymore.
OK, that definitely sounds bizarre. I know it's not likely, but do you have a save from before that?

Offline Sigfried666

« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2010, 10:24:01 AM »
OK, that definitely sounds bizarre. I know it's not likely, but do you have a save from before that?
Unfortunately, no. It happened to two girls at once, but never again...

Offline csp87

« Reply #154 on: May 18, 2010, 11:29:17 AM »
Hi

two bugs to report and two minor suggestions to make:

- at least for me the "Go to selected"-button in turn summary does not work for girls in the dungeon.
- dead slaves in the dungeon can still be sold, i think it is even possible to brand a dead girl as a slave and then sell her. (Or is this intended?  ;) )

- when branding multiple girls in the dungeon at once the multi-selection vanishes afterwards, so in order to sell them directly you have to select them again.
- sorting the lists in girl management or dungeon can not be undone (Or i did not figure out how except quiting the program). How about changing the switiching between ascending/descending when clicking to a sequence ascending/descending/unsorted?

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2010, 12:57:57 PM »
- at least for me the "Go to selected"-button in turn summary does not work for girls in the dungeon.
You're right it, doesn't. That'll be something for the eventual turn summary screen overhaul.

- dead slaves in the dungeon can still be sold, i think it is even possible to brand a dead girl as a slave and then sell her. (Or is this intended?  ;) )
I'll note it down.

- when branding multiple girls in the dungeon at once the multi-selection vanishes afterwards, so in order to sell them directly you have to select them again.
Yeah, that's due to it currently rebuilding the list after the branding is complete, the process of which will always remove a multi-select. The rebuilding is necessary since girls can end up escaping. I might look into additional multi-select tracking for that.

- sorting the lists in girl management or dungeon can not be undone (Or i did not figure out how except quiting the program). How about changing the switiching between ascending/descending when clicking to a sequence ascending/descending/unsorted?
Already planned as an additional clickable bit of header in the upper right corner (pushing the scrollbar down) which removes any sorting.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2010, 04:36:52 PM »

did you have to point that out ... I've been using that to my advantage...;) lol.

also on this point you can buy back your dead girls because they have the anoying habit of reapearing in the slave shop.

Offline sgb

« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2010, 09:52:17 PM »
One balance issue/exploit I've noticed regarding matrons; Now that their fee goes into their personal gold amount, this means that you can easily take it back from them anytime.  Since they never get free time, they never get to use any of their gold either.  If you picked a matron that's unlikely to fight back, there is almost zero drawback to simply taking back all your money every so often.  While it's realistic that the matron's wages are kept by the matron, I think it needs to go back to their wages simply being costs.  This applies to all jobs, though it's far more noticable with matrons since their high fee quickly results in thousands of gold after a few months.  Failing that, then there needs to be a much more drastic penalty for taking a girls money.  Like a high chance for 'I quit/run away' and removed from the game (they would logically never trust you enough to work for you again) drastic if you take over X gold from a girl.

Offline Sigfried666

« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2010, 01:33:42 AM »
I did a quick search but ended up still unsure about this...
Did that problem with the trait "your daughter" being only temporary get dealt with?

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: May 20, 2010, 04:19:56 AM »
I did a quick search but ended up still unsure about this...
Did that problem with the trait "your daughter" being only temporary get dealt with?
Yes, it was fixed a few revisions ago.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: May 20, 2010, 05:57:47 PM »
Fixed:
* dead girls can no longer be enslaved or sold in the dungeon
* multi-select should now be maintained when doing actions in the dungeon
* Girl sex enjoyment messages updated a bit

Offline Sigfried666

« Reply #161 on: May 20, 2010, 07:35:21 PM »
Well. The "yout daughter" trait disappeared from my daughters yet again, on r385.
I am going to download the full and the update again from the other thread and try once more.

Offline sgb

« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2010, 07:56:18 PM »
It's not just you, I checked my recent r385 game and Your Daughter is no longer on two girls who had it.  If it's not the same bug, there's something else causing it to be applied only temporarily.  Looking through the save file, a new girl with Your Daughter has a '10' under the trait meaning it is indeed being applied temporary.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 08:00:28 PM by sgb »

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: May 20, 2010, 08:09:32 PM »
Updated:
* new clickable area on far right of listbox header which un-sorts the list back to the order the elements were originally added in; scrollbar and scroll up button are moved down to make room whenever it's shown

Well. The "yout daughter" trait disappeared from my daughters yet again, on r385.
I am going to download the full and the update again from the other thread and try once more.
Ermm... what can I say, it was fixed. I just checked the current source and it's no longer fixed.

It should be fixed again in the next release. :D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 08:13:35 PM by Dagoth »

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2010, 05:44:56 AM »
Updated:
* On Girl Details screen, sort order for previous/next girl functionality now matches the girl list sort order of the screen that called it (Girl Management or Dungeon)... so, you can sort the girls based on a specific stat and then view their details in that same order