Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha  (Read 153898 times)

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
Re: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha
« Reply #180 on: May 25, 2010, 11:48:45 PM »
Since I'm releasing r397, here are the major included changes since the last release (r385):

* auto-buy healing potions and nets options were not reset on "new game"
* bank withdrawals should no longer be taxed; by extension, money taken from girls or given by scripts is no longer taxed
* bad items sent directly from the shop to a girl's inventory could still cause a crash
* dead girls can no longer be enslaved or sold in the dungeon
* multi-select should now be maintained when doing actions in the dungeon
* Girl sex enjoyment messages updated a bit
Updated:
* new clickable area on far right of listbox header which un-sorts the list back to the order the elements were originally added in; scrollbar and scroll up button are moved down to make room whenever it's shown
Updated:
* On Girl Details screen, sort order for previous/next girl functionality now matches the girl list sort order of the screen that called it (Girl Management or Dungeon)... so, you can sort the girls based on a specific stat and then view their details in that same order
Fixed:
* polished the "new rival" texts a bit for spacing and fixed he/she type gender indicators

Updated:
* gang training now works on a curve where they gain less the higher the skill/stat (but more at lower levels); however, they'll tend to focus training in what they're good at as well, so they should hopefully end up being better at certain skills and stats
* gang missions and combat will slightly boost appropriate gang stats/skills (not as much as training, though)
* all 6 important gang stats are now listed on the Gang Management screen; in other words, added Agility, Toughness (Constitution), and Charisma
Fixed:
* even if user had config set to 0% chance of any one or more types of pregnancy, virgins would still have 10% chance of getting pregnant; the (somewhat odd) 10% chance boost for virgins is left alone for any chance over 0%, though
* girl details next/prev cycle order was not properly updating IDs when a girl was removed, resulting in a crash on moving on to the last girl
* when a girl becomes pregnant or inseminated, it now makes sure to clear any leftover pregnancy data (from abortions or what-not, pregnancy countdown and unborn child data)

The r397 update with the above changes is available here.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2010, 05:27:07 AM »
Some more updates for the next release:
* girls should no longer automatically use consumables unless the item does something which seems useful to her at the time or makes her happy (no health potion when fully healthy, no "cure for X disease" when she doesn't have "X disease", etc.); they do still buys such items, though
* girls will now unequip all armor and weapon(s) before doing most mundane jobs like whoring, customer service, cleaning, etc.; however, girls with the following traits might refuse to do so: Aggressive, Yandere, Twisted, Retarded
* girls will likewise now equip their best (most expensive) armor and weapon(s) before doing "dangerous" jobs, such as exploring catacombs, capturing beasts, or providing security; however, Retarded girls might refuse to do so
* Items.itemsx now parses new optional GirlBuyChance % value [if not specified, chance now defaults to (100% - (badness level * 5)), so 20 or more badness is 0% chance, 5 badness is 75% chance, etc.]
    This GirlBuyChance % value is checked when a girl is on free time and shopping, and has looked at a random shop item, instead of it just checking the Badness value as it used to.
So, example item (no, the chance shown for this particular item isn't sensible):
    <Item
        Name="Basic Makeup"
        Desc="This common makeup kit allows a girl to make herself prettier, though the options it offers are limited. (+8 Bea, temporary)"
        Type="Food"
        Badness="0"
        Special="Temporary"
        Cost="75"
        Rarity="Shop05"
        GirlBuyChance="60"
        Infinite="false">
        <Effect
            What="Stat"
            Name="Beauty"
            Amount="8" />
    </Item>
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 05:28:38 AM by Dagoth »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2010, 05:47:11 AM »
Nice. Does the calculation take account of whether she already has 5 boxes of basic makeup? (or one suit of generic chainmail, I suppose?)

I'd check myself, but I'm at work, and can't access pinkpetal SVN from here.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #183 on: May 26, 2010, 06:21:06 AM »
Nice. Does the calculation take account of whether she already has 5 boxes of basic makeup? (or one suit of generic chainmail, I suppose?)

I'd check myself, but I'm at work, and can't access pinkpetal SVN from here.

For checking on whether she uses consumables, it checks each item individually based on her current stats; a few stat increases result in her using it whether it helps or not, though, like happiness and beauty (as the notes in the code indicate, call it vanity or greed or whatever you like; 100 happiness? so what, she still wants to eat that chocolate), while others will have her react more sensibly (health, mana, constitution, etc.). Of note though, if any one of the item effects is something she wants, she'll choose to use the item; it doesn't matter if there were a bunch of more important effects the item was actually focused on. Still, from my brief testing it seems to work nicely.
As for buying such items, I haven't changed anything there other than the switching the basic Badness check (>20 = no, <=20 yes) for the new GirlBuyChance value.

For unequipping combat items, they just scan through their inventory and unequip any weapons or armor present.
For equipping combat items, they scan through their inventory and find the best armor item and best weapons (up to 2 weapons, of course) based on the item costs (more expensive must be better, right? right? eh), and equips those.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 06:23:52 AM by Dagoth »

Offline TF

« Reply #184 on: May 26, 2010, 07:00:02 AM »
Noticed something a bit funky... It seems that the pregnancy countdown only works if a girl is under my control. This means that if I get a girl pregnant and sell her, the pregnancy is, in effect, put on hold. I don't know if children reaching maturity works the same way since it's much harder to track, but I presume so.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #185 on: May 26, 2010, 07:39:05 AM »
Noticed something a bit funky... It seems that the pregnancy countdown only works if a girl is under my control. This means that if I get a girl pregnant and sell her, the pregnancy is, in effect, put on hold. I don't know if children reaching maturity works the same way since it's much harder to track, but I presume so.

Yeah, thinking about it, it does only do the pregnancy-related checks for girls you control. I'll see about having it update other girls outside of your control, but no promises; I recall at least a few places in the pregnancy monitoring code where it clearly assumes you control the girl, so it might be a real pain to take care of.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #186 on: May 26, 2010, 07:47:34 AM »
could do something like have an infinite, invisible brothel that gets no customers, but holds all the girls that the player doesn't employ. Then you could process the NPC brothel at the end of each turn, and the girls would be included in the update loop.

Of course, this has other potential pitfalls, since it would also progress diseases and addictions. Girls would die and turn up the player's dungeon. So would player daughters when they came of age, as well. That might be fair enough if she gives birth to them before being sold.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #187 on: May 26, 2010, 07:34:29 PM »
well one solution is to just assume that she either got an abortion or gave birth when you sell a girl and have it dump the pregnancy at that point, myself I'd assume abortion, to make it simpler, no extra scripting to add milf to a girl you might never use again. you also wouldn't have to detect if it was a child by player (though  hat would create interesting script events) and then keep track of it, and all the other stuff involved.

Offline FurryFanatic

« Reply #188 on: May 26, 2010, 07:42:57 PM »
An interesting scripted event from selling a girl who happens to be pregnant at the time would be to attach the rival event that states the rival comes from you raping his/her mother and then discarding her.  I would almost say to put it as a possibility of creating several rivals showing up at the end of one turn instead of just one every so often.

Offline sgb

« Reply #189 on: May 26, 2010, 08:45:57 PM »
* girls will now unequip all armor and weapon(s) before doing most   mundane jobs like whoring, customer service, cleaning, etc.; however,   girls with the following traits might refuse to do so: Aggressive,   Yandere, Twisted, Retarded

One small problem here: Underwear items are currently being used under armour since a) This allows you to combine it with dresses (clothing) and b) Misc. lets you stack multiples of the same item.  We may need a new item slot type here for undergarments.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 08:47:29 PM by sgb »

Offline crazy

« Reply #190 on: May 26, 2010, 08:58:12 PM »
could do something like have an infinite, invisible brothel that gets no customers, but holds all the girls that the player doesn't employ. Then you could process the NPC brothel at the end of each turn, and the girls would be included in the update loop.

Of course, this has other potential pitfalls, since it would also progress diseases and addictions. Girls would die and turn up the player's dungeon. So would player daughters when they came of age, as well. That might be fair enough if she gives birth to them before being sold.

The girls you sell could go to a different slave market maybe.  Idk how the slave market is coded but that would keep the randoms girls you sold from showing back up in the normal slave market.  And if the stuff had to progress atleast it woudnt do it to girls you didn't sell..  just a thought might not work

Offline RyRain

« Reply #191 on: May 27, 2010, 02:39:46 AM »
Noticed an interesting bug. Sometimes if I ask to do something with a girl, it won't increase the related skill if that skill is currently at 0 despite the girl agreeing to it. If I force and get the skill to 1% though, it will start increasing by asking.

Offline James

« Reply #192 on: May 27, 2010, 08:38:53 PM »
dont know if this is intentional or not, but using a L incense of serenity (tiredness-100) on a construct girl, might only lower it by like 4.

Offline sgb

« Reply #193 on: May 27, 2010, 10:05:38 PM »
Odd bug in this version; if you transfer an item from the store directly to a girl, it doesn't deplete stock.  Things behave normally if you transfer from the store to the player.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 10:10:09 PM by sgb »

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #194 on: May 28, 2010, 01:58:41 AM »
dont know if this is intentional or not, but using a L incense of serenity (tiredness-100) on a construct girl, might only lower it by like 4.

I'm not sure if that amount is really appropriate, but I believe the difference for Construct girls is intended.

Odd bug in this version; if you transfer an item from the store directly to a girl, it doesn't deplete stock.  Things behave normally if you transfer from the store to the player.

Confirmed and fixed.

Fixes and updates committed:
* girls shouldn't buy things like brainwashing oil and disguised slave collars for themselves any more, among other things; thanks to LordShame for updating all appropriate items
* updated WMEdit supporting new GirlBuyChance value provided by Solo761
* non-unique girls who are sold or fired are now simply removed from the game, though unique girls are still kept
* items bought from shop directly into a girls inventory were not depleting shop stock properly
* pregnant girls not controlled by player (should only be uniques, sold/fired by player) have their pregnancies handled just like girls controlled by the player; there are of course no announcements though and nothing gained by the player, and grown daughters are added to the buyable/recruitable girls