Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha  (Read 154949 times)

Offline ChaosKishin

Re: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha
« Reply #240 on: June 07, 2010, 06:12:10 PM »
This might be related to the whole Libido thing, and it's probably not a bug, but I've noticed that my girls that are really 'tough' (ex: they don't tire as easily and so don't take free time as often) are taking huge happiness hits.  It might be a good idea to have the Matron take girls off work when they hit a certain threshold of happiness.

Offline dalmedya

« Reply #241 on: June 08, 2010, 03:08:19 AM »
It seems like MILF and Lolita are getting randomly applied to girls of certain ages if nothing is specified in the rgirlsx file.  While this is intended and understandable for girls at the minimum age, and women in their 30s, Lolita is showing up on 20 year olds.
Considering the game is hard-coded to display girls as being 17+, and the term 'lolita' is typically applied to ages 8-14, I think it's fine.
I'm more concerned with the inaccurate text; 'sexually active' isn't quite right. Perhaps 'flirtatious' would fit better.

A bug I just noticed in my current game; the 'Have X monster girls' mission isn't actually checking for the Not Human trait.  X girls of any sort will meet the conditions.
Actually, the error there is the 'monster' part of the text, there are two separate missions with that same text, one for normal girls and one for monster girls. The second one does actually check for monster girls correctly.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #242 on: June 08, 2010, 07:43:05 PM »
Any chance we could get an 'Underwear' category while you're making changes to items?  Right now we're forced to set them as Armour to avoid conflicts with clothing, but this of course prevents them from using actual armour and underwear at the same time.

Underwear is clothing, so it could be classified as such. If you are considering them as wearing it under clothing, how then is it applying changes to how they look with it being effectively hidden? Perhaps if I did add an underwear category I should then have girls unequip regular clothes for some activities then; how else would the other person even see them to be affected by them, with them being hidden under regular clothing?  ::)
You're not "forced" to set them as armour, that's a hack which you choose to do. It is not done in the core included items file, so I assume it's affecting an items file you're working on.
If you want to have your girls walk around in just underwear, perfect, they can be made as regular "dress" type items like our core included items file by LordShame does it.

I'm not adamantly against an underwear category or anything like that, though. I'll add it if there's enough outcry for it. Feel free to create a topic discussing it; this one is mainly for reporting actual bugs and for update notes.

This might be related to the whole Libido thing, and it's probably not a bug, but I've noticed that my girls that are really 'tough' (ex: they don't tire as easily and so don't take free time as often) are taking huge happiness hits.  It might be a good idea to have the Matron take girls off work when they hit a certain threshold of happiness.

Fair enough thing for the Matron to handle, I guess. In the meantime, you might try not working your girls 24 hours a day until they nearly collapse from exhaustion or despair.  :D

It seems like MILF and Lolita are getting randomly applied to girls of certain ages if nothing is specified in the rgirlsx file.  While this is intended and understandable for girls at the minimum age, and women in their 30s, Lolita is showing up on 20 year olds.

I'll check into the age ranges for these.

A bug I just noticed in my current game; the 'Have X monster girls' mission isn't actually checking for the Not Human trait.  X girls of any sort will meet the conditions.
Actually, the error there is the 'monster' part of the text, there are two separate missions with that same text, one for normal girls and one for monster girls. The second one does actually check for monster girls correctly.

I'll check on this one as well.

Girls in this build are unequipping armour regardless of whether it is harmful to them or not.  Considering all underwear type items are currently 'armour', this is kind of a problem.

See above for discussion on your special underwear armor.
Armor is indeed always unequipped for doing most jobs not related to combat (assuming the girl doesn't refuse). A change to have them only remove armor if it's "harmful" in any way was considered, but I haven't made it yet and it's not a high priority for me.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 07:44:51 PM by Dagoth »

Offline ChaosKishin

« Reply #243 on: June 08, 2010, 07:50:57 PM »
Fair enough thing for the Matron to handle, I guess. In the meantime, you might try not working your girls 24 hours a day until they nearly collapse from exhaustion or despair.  :D

You're probably right, but I very rarely put girls on more then a single shift of whoring. Usually, it's whore during the day and practice at night.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #244 on: June 08, 2010, 09:23:31 PM »
a) if underwear and dresses are meant to compete for the same item slot, you might as well delete all the underwear because they're now completely redundent items

By that logic, you might as well delete all but one dress. They're all redundant and variety of items in the same category is pointless, right?

b) there are real weapons and armour (generally more expensive or catacomb only) that are not bad for whoring stats at all, thus it is not helpful at all to have the game keep removing them for you.

The items are of the sort that it would be considered unacceptable or at least very strange to have them equipped for doing normal (non-combat) jobs.

Not to mention moving 'okay for the girl' weapons to Small Weapon to avoid the auto-unequip means you can now have two weapons which wasn't intended.

Wasn't intended by who? The game already allowed 2 large weapons to be equipped. I considered lowering that to 1 due to the new Small Weapons category, but didn't bother. I could go back and do that. Stuff in the small weapon category is generally just that, small and easily carried, unlike for instance a sword or axe.

You imply it's an exploit to have a dress and lingere both take effect, yet there are plenty of rings, amulets, misc items, and consumables that boost stats that I can have unlimited of per girl.

All of the other equippable items would be visible with clothes on, unlike underwear.

IMO, the whole automatic equip thing just causes a lot of gameplay problems by removing choices from the player's hands.  The issue it was designed to correct - girls buying a sword and losing some charisma without the player knowing - was already resolved with GirlBuy%!  Swords and plate mail never get purchased in the first place without my consent, so why do I need the game to unequip the sword I know the girl has in her inventory?

Besides the issue of a whore buying a sword or armor and equipping it and lowering valuable skills or stats, there is also the issue of making it so that the player no longer has to micromanage such things either; it's handled automatically and (largely) sensibly. Along with the already covered matter of combat gear being out of place when doing non-combat jobs.

Now again, would you mind taking this discussion to a new topic if you wish to continue it, since it doesn't belong here?

EDIT: tell you what, though, I'll add in a config option to disable automatic combat equip/unequip just for you.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:46:26 PM by Dagoth »

Offline dcb42

« Reply #245 on: June 10, 2010, 12:55:28 AM »
r416 - when your daughters grow up and are put in the dungeon, their "house percentage" is set to 60% - the rate for a free girl - but, as they are automatically enslaved their house percentage needs to be changed to 100% manually.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #246 on: June 10, 2010, 11:34:44 AM »
r416 - when your daughters grow up and are put in the dungeon, their "house percentage" is set to 60% - the rate for a free girl - but, as they are automatically enslaved their house percentage needs to be changed to 100% manually.

Noted, I'll look into it.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #247 on: June 10, 2010, 11:36:11 AM »
committed earlier:
* updated WMEdit by Solo761, to support "Small Weapon" category
* updated items file by LordShame

Just committed:
** new Slider control for selecting numerical values
* You now set each brothel's advertising budget on the Brothel Setup screen.
* Girls who do the advertising job now boost the effectiveness of your advertising budget by a certain percentage, based on Service skill, a few stats, and some traits, as described below.
    Foremost is the girl's Service skill. A distant second are Charisma and Intelligence. Third, Beauty and Fame. Several traits can further increase her effectiveness on par with 100% Beauty or Fame: Psychic, Cool Person, Sexy Air, Charismatic, and Charming. Some traits on the other hand reduce effectiveness: Nervous and Clumsy are minor reductions, while Retarded and Malformed are major ones.
* You can see what percentage a girl boosted your advertising effectiveness in her Turn Summary info, and you likewise get a breakdown of what brought in customers on the brothel's Turn Summary info

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #248 on: June 10, 2010, 02:32:50 PM »
* new option in config.xml to disable feature which auto-equips and auto-unequips combat gear for different jobs
* fixed mission description for "have total of X girls" in Player House screen
* slave daughters now correctly have house percentage set at 100
* raised threshold for matron cheering up unhappy girls from 20 happiness to 40

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #249 on: June 10, 2010, 06:12:11 PM »
last for the day:
* switched "House Percentage" on Girl Details screen to use new slider control

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #250 on: June 12, 2010, 02:30:27 PM »
Ran into a bug with "deposit all" into the bank. works like this.

1. Deposit all funds into bank.
2. Hit Next week.
3. If you have a random event where your guards are defeated by a rival and you lose money you GAIN money instead.

Specific number was in the 32k range.
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #251 on: June 13, 2010, 02:28:35 AM »
Not sure if this is intentional or not but sometimes the gangs don't increase their stats at all when training and if they are training there should be some improvement no matter how small.
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline Nalkyr Maloth

« Reply #252 on: June 13, 2010, 03:18:02 AM »
I had a "you must have -1 gangs in 10 weeks" mission, that is impossible to lose

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #253 on: June 13, 2010, 04:12:31 AM »
Ran into a bug with "deposit all" into the bank. works like this.
I had a "you must have -1 gangs in 10 weeks" mission, that is impossible to lose

Noted, I'll check into these.

Not sure if this is intentional or not but sometimes the gangs don't increase their stats at all when training and if they are training there should be some improvement no matter how small.

Intentional. The more skilled the gangs are, the less they gain from training. Once they're highly skilled, they can indeed hit the point where they don't always gain anything from training. Gangs don't need 100 in every stat to be powerful, you know.

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #254 on: June 13, 2010, 10:47:34 AM »
Bug in the summary screen this time.

From the turn summary screen if you select "Go to selected" girl and then hit next or back on that screen you will go to the first girl on the list for that brothel and won't be able to use the next and back buttons to view other girls.

Also, if you back out of the selected girls screen while in the turn summary screen you will auto select the first girl on the list. (not as annoying as the above but most likely related)

Girl status piloting works as intended if you select girl management from the main screen however.
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls