Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha  (Read 154949 times)

Offline Zeus

Re: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha
« Reply #255 on: June 13, 2010, 11:16:15 AM »
try to navigate with the Arrow Keys... its work much better ^^''
why fear 6 7? 7 8 9! (just say it loud and you understand ... mh... jokes you have to explain are crap... Sorry ^^)

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #256 on: June 13, 2010, 11:32:27 AM »
try to navigate with the Arrow Keys... its work much better ^^''

If by work better you mean "completely crash the game" then yeah.. It works better. :D

Didn't know that about the arrow keys, thanks for that. It actually works correctly from Girl management from the main screen.

However, from the Turn summary screen, clicking a girl then clicking "Go to selected" is bugged. More so now that you brought that up. I tried 5 times to pilot through the girls status screens using the left and right keys and 5 times it crashed.

Once again though, this is only from the turn summary screen. Girl management from the main screen works as intended.  :)
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline Zeus

« Reply #257 on: June 13, 2010, 12:00:24 PM »
strange...
in the Turn Summery, Left / Right switches through the Brothels... up down switch through girls... if i click on a girl i selected via the Arrow keys, and then click on "Back" I'm Back in the Turn summery on the position of the girl...
Played this over 3 or 4 Hour on a row with the only crash are when i go on the Slave market or something ... but never with navigating via Arrowkeys....
(hoa... i think my english getting every post worst than befor o_O... sorry)

why fear 6 7? 7 8 9! (just say it loud and you understand ... mh... jokes you have to explain are crap... Sorry ^^)

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #258 on: June 13, 2010, 01:00:36 PM »
However, from the Turn summary screen, clicking a girl then clicking "Go to selected" is bugged. More so now that you brought that up. I tried 5 times to pilot through the girls status screens using the left and right keys and 5 times it crashed.

I'd actually noted that "Go To Selected" on a girl in the Turn Summary screen could lead to screwy Prev/Next functionality on the Girl Details screen, but I'd set it back a bit on my list since it didn't seem too serious. Looks like it's more serious than I thought; I'll be sure to fix it before the next update.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #259 on: June 13, 2010, 01:09:08 PM »
Edit:

I'd   actually noted that "Go To Selected" on a girl in the Turn Summary   screen could lead to screwy Prev/Next functionality on the Girl Details   screen, but I'd set it back a bit on my list since it didn't seem too   serious. Looks like it's more serious than I thought; I'll be sure to   fix it before the next update.

Realized I didn't need to reword the problem since Dagoth was on top of it. Was thinking for a sec that I wasn't expressing myself correctly.

Still want to thank Zeus for the Arrow key tip though  ;)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 01:14:19 PM by Lorde »
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline Zuul

« Reply #260 on: June 13, 2010, 01:52:43 PM »
strange...
in the Turn Summery, Left / Right switches through the Brothels... up down switch through girls... if i click on a girl i selected via the Arrow keys, and then click on "Back" I'm Back in the Turn summery on the position of the girl...
Played this over 3 or 4 Hour on a row with the only crash are when i go on the Slave market or something ... but never with navigating via Arrowkeys....
(hoa... i think my english getting every post worst than befor o_O... sorry)

I think you're misunderstanding Lorde. The game crashes if you try to navigate between the girls on the detail screen which you accessed from the turn summary screen. So if you try to go to the next girl from there, the game will crash.

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #261 on: June 13, 2010, 02:07:41 PM »
Noted, I'll check into these.

Intentional. The more skilled the gangs are, the less they gain from training. Once they're highly skilled, they can indeed hit the point where they don't always gain anything from training. Gangs don't need 100 in every stat to be powerful, you know.
But this happened when they were still in the 40's though.
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #262 on: June 13, 2010, 02:51:50 PM »
But this happened when they were still in the 40's though.
The lowest stat, or the highest?

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #263 on: June 13, 2010, 04:50:04 PM »
highest stat it was the first week actually
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #264 on: June 13, 2010, 04:55:52 PM »
mh... not sure this is a bug or just a ... strange feature... in the Shop: when i turn the Mousewheel fast up or Down its randomly sell a Item from the Player inventory... 

um.. yeah... mostly i activatet an item there und forget to klick back on the sections on top to scroll through...

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #265 on: June 14, 2010, 03:40:18 AM »
highest stat it was the first week actually

Strange, I can't duplicate that with higher skilled starting gangs, and the code is such that at the very least they should get 2 attempted boosts from training (but on average, 6 attempted boosts), with only a chance for 0 gained from those boosts if they have a high stat they chose to focus on.
Once they reach about 50 in a skill, there starts to be a very very slim chance (less than 1%) of not gaining anything for any given boost of that stat. At 70 in a skill, it's a 50% chance of gaining nothing for a given boost. Also, they do tend to focus training on skills they're good at.
So I don't see how your situation would be possible if they have no skill over 40-something.

mh... not sure this is a bug or just a ... strange feature... in the Shop: when i turn the Mousewheel fast up or Down its randomly sell a Item from the Player inventory...

um.. yeah... mostly i activatet an item there und forget to klick back on the sections on top to scroll through...

Is that with the mouse possibly straying over the transfer buttons while you're scrolling, or with it definitely staying over the listbox? If the former, I have an idea why it might be; scroll wheel movements trigger a click event, and the buttons may not be properly filtering out those events.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 03:41:56 AM by Dagoth »

Offline Spacebird

« Reply #266 on: June 14, 2010, 12:42:53 PM »
Great game, just started playing with 1.30 yesterday.

Issue I did not see previously reported:  I re-made some custom girls of my own using the included editor. They're fine until I save the game and exit to desktop. When I re-load the game, they're dead. They show up in the brothel, but all their stats are 0. This is apparently JUST the user made girls.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #267 on: June 14, 2010, 01:15:33 PM »
Issue I did not see previously reported:  I re-made some custom girls of my own using the included editor. They're fine until I save the game and exit to desktop. When I re-load the game, they're dead. They show up in the brothel, but all their stats are 0. This is apparently JUST the user made girls.

Can you post the girlsx or rgirlsx file(s)?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #268 on: June 14, 2010, 01:19:35 PM »
When I re-load the game, they're dead. They show up in the brothel, but all their stats are 0. This is apparently JUST the user made girls.

That rings a faint bell. I had that happen to me once. Damned if I can remember the cause or the fixing of it, but I remember it happening.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #269 on: June 14, 2010, 01:28:59 PM »
Maybe something got corrupted somewhere down the line. Would making a different  rgirlsx file fix it?
I made some girls myself (Have a ton of pics and am too lazy to look through the site for premade girls  :D ) and I haven't run into this problem.
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)