Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha  (Read 154923 times)

Offline Nalkyr Maloth

Re: Bugs: 1.30 Alpha
« Reply #270 on: June 14, 2010, 02:14:33 PM »
That rings a faint bell. I had that happen to me once. Damned if I can remember the cause or the fixing of it, but I remember it happening.

It was in one of the image packs (the one containing Lenalee) that, if I remember correctly, had an extra end line somewhere that screwed them up. But that was corrected long ago by the original maker I think. And anyway it can be corrected by just loading the .girls file and saving it as .girlsx

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #271 on: June 14, 2010, 05:30:46 PM »
another couple of updates in the past few days which I'll list as one entry:
* rewrote / cleaned up portions of Slider display code and most of Scrollbar display code for lower memory usage and proper alpha transparency

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #272 on: June 14, 2010, 08:33:44 PM »
* Turn Summary screen's "Go To Selected" for brothel girls resulted in broken prev/next on Girl Details screen; fixed
* Turn Summary screen's "Go To Selected" now works for dungeon girls
* When returning to Turn Summary screen from Girl Details screen, last viewed girl on Girl Details screen is now selected

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #273 on: June 14, 2010, 08:44:14 PM »
I had a "you must have -1 gangs in 10 weeks" mission, that is impossible to lose

I was just looking into this one, and I can't see how that's even possible based on the code. It should unfailingly give a target of 1-3 more gangs than you have, with the minimum target therefore being 1 gang if you have none.
How many gangs did you have, anyway? None? Did the initial mission message indicate -1, or did you see that elsewhere (the player house screen)?

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #274 on: June 14, 2010, 08:53:16 PM »
Ran into a bug with "deposit all" into the bank. works like this.

1. Deposit all funds into bank.
2. Hit Next week.
3. If you have a random event where your guards are defeated by a rival and you lose money you GAIN money instead.

Specific number was in the 32k range.

A bit late to ask, but can you provide a save for this one?

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #275 on: June 14, 2010, 09:24:25 PM »
Hmm let me look. My play habits where all over the place, restarting with the same name for brothels is a common play habit of mine.....

Edit: Nope don't have it. If I run into it again I'll save and upload the file.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 09:28:25 PM by Lorde »
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline Nalkyr Maloth

« Reply #276 on: June 15, 2010, 03:00:22 AM »
I was just looking into this one, and I can't see how that's even possible based on the code. It should unfailingly give a target of 1-3 more gangs than you have, with the minimum target therefore being 1 gang if you have none.
How many gangs did you have, anyway? None? Did the initial mission message indicate -1, or did you see that elsewhere (the player house screen)?

Both the initial mission and the player house screen indicated -1 (I remember I checked). I also had 4 to 6 gangs (can't really remember the exact number now but I think that's the correct range leaning more on the higher numbers). Based on what you say could it be that I had 6 gangs and it tried to make have 9 thus going over 8 and so giving a -1 instead?

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #277 on: June 15, 2010, 03:45:33 AM »
Money loss of around 1 million from a single gang and money in the bank from an all deposit making it negative those are two I have had this past 7 days.
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #278 on: June 15, 2010, 09:34:27 AM »
Both the initial mission and the player house screen indicated -1 (I remember I checked). I also had 4 to 6 gangs (can't really remember the exact number now but I think that's the correct range leaning more on the higher numbers). Based on what you say could it be that I had 6 gangs and it tried to make have 9 thus going over 8 and so giving a -1 instead?

That is a thought, since I see it doesn't actually check to make sure the target is <= the max number of gangs ( 8 ). I'll fix that, and hopefully that's what you ran into.

Money loss of around 1 million from a single gang and money in the bank from an all deposit making it negative those are two I have had this past 7 days.

Can you provide a save for this, from a turn or two before the bug hit? I've looked through the code a bit based on Lorde's report, but potential causes for it are spread through several different functions. Much easier to track down with a savegame mostly set up ready to reproduce the problem.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 09:39:05 AM by Dagoth »

Offline Lorde

« Reply #279 on: June 15, 2010, 09:58:21 AM »
I'll try to reproduce the results I got with Deposit all today.

As a side note: How does this game calculate how much you made for the week. What it reports on the turn summary and what I have gained in the main screen are always 2 different things. And it's always less. Guess an expense isn't being reported?
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #280 on: June 15, 2010, 11:44:25 AM »
no got hit by a virus thursday it deleted some of my save games and i can't remember which it was
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline Shinteo

« Reply #281 on: June 15, 2010, 02:35:08 PM »
Unsure if this is a bug or not, but I have never seen any custom girls that is a virgin. Random girls, yes. But not custom girl. I looked through the code, but wasn't able to find where this is controlled.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #282 on: June 15, 2010, 03:22:30 PM »
Edit: Disregard this post. Girl is accounted for. Instead of being paid by a local business I was given the business owners daughter.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 03:34:15 PM by Lorde »
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #283 on: June 15, 2010, 05:14:27 PM »
Unsure if this is a bug or not, but I have never seen any custom girls that is a virgin. Random girls, yes. But not custom girl. I looked through the code, but wasn't able to find where this is controlled.
Hmm, right you are.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #284 on: June 15, 2010, 05:14:39 PM »
* unique girls can be virgins again, based on nearly the same criteria as random girls (basically, young age and/or lack of sex skills)
* objective to get specific number of gangs can no longer go higher than the limit ( 8 )