Author Topic: Whoremaster: Very Bad Man Version 1.01a Updated 02/16/2016, now with girlpacks  (Read 71484 times)

Offline Aquilus

Do you happen to know where I might get a tutorial on how to add jobs or buildings in WM?  I have a copy of MSV 13 and I have been looking at it but I don't really understand how it works.

Offline jonwich

That is waaaaaaay beyond me, mate. Don't believe a tutorial exists for that, or for anything having to do with altering the code. If you don't have a knowledge of the code and coding already, you're not going to get far, I think. Myself, I keep it very, very basic. I alter only what I know I can alter, which is essentially things like text, what images will be displayed, and sometimes what stats effect something. New buildings and jobs are definitely possible, but not for someone without a knowledge of the code itself and coding. One think I've wanted to do is get with Crazy and Joey and set up sort of a job template, along with a tutorial, so that anyone with the inclination could write up a new job. That wouldn't necessarily add it to the game, as new jobs need changes in a number of areas, but if we could get to a point where we could have the actual job written, and writers have filled in the text, it would be significantly easier to add the job to the game, because it's already written up for whomever has the time to add it. In fact, if we could get to that point, where there was a good, standard template, I'd love to take the time to learn how to add a completed job to the game, too. But as of right this moment, I think you're much more likely to beat your head against the wall with it. You could make suggestions and offer to write the text for someone willing to add the job, though.

Offline Aquilus

Fair enough.  I like the stuff you did with the Cow Girls and the rewrites you did for much of the brothels.  What file is it where you added that in?  I have some ideas for the Arena that I would like to see.  More descriptive combat.  Or in the tradition of your bad man concept, theatrical humiliation like they had in ancient Rome.  The Arena is just ... so... dull...

Offline jonwich

Agreed, there's a lot I'd like to do with the Arena, I just never have because I don't use it at all.

As to where to find different things, the text for most jobs can be found specifically in the job files. So, for example, for the cows, you'd be looking under WorkMilker.cpp. Pretty much all that stuff will be found down there in the Work files. The one example I can think of where that is not the case is the cGirls.cpp contains the information for all the whoring jobs, and it's a LOT. There are so many lines and options there, I've only touched on it because it's difficult for me to read and get set right, especially when you consider you need like 50 line variations for one specific act. I'll eventually do more with the whoring, but there's literally so much there that it's going to be a long, incremental process. Time Off is the same way, there's just so damn many options that you guys will probably see them creep in over time and they may not even get mentioned when I do a changelog.

Offline seden

Which would be a very good "surprise" ;)

In any case, quite the more flavored option there is for now, will be looking toward updates.

Offline jonwich

There definitely will be. I was just replying to a message Crazy sent me, the crux of it is, both for this mod and his, we've both had it pretty damn rough lately. Not going to go into his stuff because that's probably too personal and it's really on him if he wants to talk about it, but on my end, I've been having a lot of health and financial trouble.

Health-wise, my concussion symptoms aren't really going away. They've gotten more managable in that I know mostly what's going to set them off, and it takes a bit longer to get a raging headache and bad dizziness and nausea, but the severity has plateaued, and now it's backtracked a bit with the bloodpressure med the doc put me on that he said was supposed to help. It actually makes the headaches, dizziness, and depression worse. It also makes me so tired that my day is full of short naps, and I have to force myself to get out and do things. I've got a gym membership now to keep myself active, and I really had to do that, because I've gained like 60 lbs since my injury, and I was already a big guy. It actually helps a bit just day to day, and it helps with the depression and forcing myself to do things, but the down side is I have to go late at night or early morning so I can get my buddy up there to turn off or down the music, and even with that, I've got a guaranteed massive headache. On top of that, I've had to fight with the insurance company delaying my checks the past couple months as an anti-fraud measure.

My head woes aside, I've really enjoyed that more people wanted to get into the code and see what they might do and whats there, and how many people have been enjoying my version. It's definitely a kick in my rear and a great motivation to keep working on it, even though I'm having trouble writing at the moment. One thing I really have to do that's going to take me a long while is sit down and update my copy to .29, which is two versions up. That's no small thing, because I have stuff all over the place in the code, and I have to figure out A) If a file is one I haven't altered, and thus can just be transferred, or B) if it has been altered in a small way that let's me copy/past/replace the new code in, or C) if it's too extensive either on the end of my mod or the main mod, and thus I have to go in line by line and copy/past/replace my text into the new files. It's a time consuming, tedious, painful process to be honest, and a labor of lust. I really want to get up to that point though because I'd like to get some of the new film stuff going, and I'm very, very slowly working out the ponygirl stuff for the new job Crazy plans to work on when he's able to get back. That's going to be a bit of a first, you'll notice, because I'm going to try to keep to the template I've been advocating, and this is the first job I'll be attempting that with. (I haven't been able to do that at all for the Bad Man Version, because those jobs are written, I'm just making minor edits and replacing text) I'd also like to finally fix the Puppygirl job in both versions. I've tweaked it in my version to make all the scenes fire, but I'd like to really get on that and not leave it half-done. You guys might get a few more scenes out of that, including some that I've not written yet. If it comes down to it, and the ponygirl stuff goes over well, I'd really like to do a rewrite of the puppygirl stuff. I like the long stories, but I'd like them to be a little more random, like each week you get a longer story like that, but you also get a template written text following the template I have advocated for.

A quick final note: Though I've had a lot of trouble sitting down and writing because of my head and the stress I've been under, I've also been getting a lot of inspiration for a variety of places. I troll through tumblr blogs and get ideas from stories there, and pictures, and most recently, I've been getting a lot of ideas for both my mod and Crazy's over at a text game called Free Cities. There really is something for most people in that game, there are a LOT of options, you can play good or evil, and you get a lot of ways to play both. Give it a look, maybe you'll get some inspiration too. And if you guys playing with the code write something particularly good and you don't want to start your own mod, send it my way. I'd love to take a look at it, and it might be part of a future Bad Man version, either as is or inspired by.

Offline jonwich

I forgot like an idiot. You see how bad my head is lol. Link to Free Cities: http://freecitiesblog.blogspot.com/?zx=c1bee6378603ca12

Offline crazy

On my phone so quoting is about impossible but to the guy talking about the arena the text for them are found I'm there jobs. But expanding it might be hard to understand as a first thing to do for coding. That said I've always wanted to expanded upon the victory and losing text and such so if you want to take a crack at writing some stuff let me know.

We would need good bad and nurtral player outcomes.

Over look any errors writing on phone sucks

Offline HuiBui

Dear jonwich,

Iwas just laying some turns of your modversion.

What I'm wandering about is , when a slave gets a half day "free" in her brothel, she will receive 2 times a message therefor in the summary afterwards.
A bug?

Kind regards
HuiBui

Offline jonwich

Fair question mate. That's a known bug. When I was altering the text, I did trip something up, but I'm not sure what. I am going to eventually find it though, but in the meantime, yeah, that happens. Sorry about that.

Offline HuiBui

Hi jonwich,

i hope you doing well.

Any chance to get an update?

including the use of all of your special items?

Kind regards,
HuiBui

Offline jonwich

Hey Hui, sadly I haven't been able to get much done at all. I'm struggling with both the insurance company and with my new medications, and withdrawal from my old medications. As soon as that settles down, hopefully I can get some writing done and give you a good update, mate. I have a lot of ideas written down, but not on my computer, my eyes and head can't take it that long. When I'm finally able to, it will mostly be a matter of writing it all in.

Offline Baal

Hey Hui, sadly I haven't been able to get much done at all. I'm struggling with both the insurance company and with my new medications, and withdrawal from my old medications. As soon as that settles down, hopefully I can get some writing done and give you a good update, mate. I have a lot of ideas written down, but not on my computer, my eyes and head can't take it that long. When I'm finally able to, it will mostly be a matter of writing it all in.

Sucks, I hope you get better hang in there!

Offline seden

Indeed, code update can be tedious, this standing upon tools (what are you using as to no btw ?).

As to health, there is plenty to say about it, from t° to standing position, food, hydratation, etc.

Head + pain, quite troublesome indeed, if overweighted, yes, it could be blood related (artery ?, what that checked ?).

In any case, health come first, as with any personnal matters. Then, mind & support (personnal) can be quite a pain area, given one life settings (interpersonnal relationship, hm).

Conclusion : quite a good mod so far, opening for more (yes, the puppygirl text are good as is, and could be quite more better with more variation :D) meaning that any update made will be appreciated.

As to Free Cities, that game really need more events, given the way it is now, there is plenty to be set in.

Offline seden

Free Cities is currently updated (streak, from time to time) often, it is quite to soon for mod being develloped.

Otherwise, hope you (jonwich) are good these days, quite strange there has been no new post since a month ?

in all case, no change, this version of the game is quite welcome, and so, looking forward progress.

Take care + bene vivere.