Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1025686 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod
« Reply #1080 on: June 29, 2014, 11:53:16 AM »
One of my girls contains some large pics .

I've found out that if pics are too large they were not shown in the program.
Whats the max. size that a picture can have so that it can be handled by the program?
Wikipedia says - JPEG/JFIF supports a maximum image size of 65535×65535 pixels.

The largest images in any of the girls folder I have are:
by file size - 5951x4074 - 5.26mb
by image size - 9956x5600 - 2.87mb
and both show in the game

If you have some files that are not showing, check the name of the file.

Also, some images are named as jpg but are actually a renamed animated gif
When this happens, only the last frame of the animation is shown in the game, while viewing the image in a file list will show it as the first image in the animation
I have gone through several of the large files in my girls folders and found dozens of images with multiple layers.
Try editing the image in gimp or photoshop and see if it has extra layers.

Edit:
After finding a few large images with google images, I tested:
10394x6999 - 8.56mb - worked
13732x5067 - 6.49mb - worked
27184x16995 - 25.7mb - did not work

I created a 16384x16384 and it did not work
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 03:27:59 PM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #1081 on: June 30, 2014, 07:41:17 AM »
Couple of questions about the game mechanics regarding traits and more:

Do the most recent traits (most specifically the "Gag Reflex"; "No Gag Refles" and "Deep Throat" ones) affect the stats in any way?

Were the old "Big Boobs" and "Abnormally Large Boobs" traits "updated" to affect the new titfuck skill as well?

Is the stat-modifying aspect of the traits tied to their position on the CoreTraits.traits? So, for example, if I switch around the two first "Big Boobs" and "Small Scars" traits around, would "Small Scars" give a girl the "Big Boobs" looks bonus?

Also, I've noticed that in Coretraits.traits in version in .05s.01 the "Fake orgasm expert" is spelled as that; without the words "orgasm" and "expert" being capitalized. Intentional?

When exactly is the "Ecchi" image template used in-game? I haven't noticed it so far, but then again I haven't been using the girls for many different kinds of jobs.

EDIT:
What is wrong with the default script files? Opening them in Notepad results with a convoluted mess, but Notepad++ isn't perfect either. See screenshot (linked due to size: http://i.imgur.com/Yd0Db61.jpg). Any chance for that to be cleaned up? I know I'm nitpicking here and it's still somewhat easily edit-able, but still.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 08:36:40 AM by 0nymous »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1082 on: June 30, 2014, 12:13:18 PM »
Do the most recent traits (most specifically the "Gag Reflex"; "No Gag Refles" and "Deep Throat" ones) affect the stats in any way?
Those 3 currently only affect the movie quality with film oral.
They still need to be added to other oral uses.

Were the old "Big Boobs" and "Abnormally Large Boobs" traits "updated" to affect the new titfuck skill as well?
Yes and no,
They do not change any text at this time, because no one has written any. Write some and we will add it.
They do however add some to the girl's initial titty skill, and if the boob size changes it adjusts it by an amount:
Small (+/-15), Big(+/-15), AL(+/-20)
These probably need to have another look over (especially if changing between S and AL)

Is the stat-modifying aspect of the traits tied to their position on the CoreTraits.traits? So, for example, if I switch around the two first "Big Boobs" and "Small Scars" traits around, would "Small Scars" give a girl the "Big Boobs" looks bonus?
CoreTraits.traits needs to be converted to xml
As it is now each line is processed in order 2 lines at a time
Line A has the name of the trait, Line B has the text associated with that trait.
The game processes the name and saves the text for that name.
Line B is only for human information, it has no effect on the game itself.
All traits are hard coded into the game.
You can add your own traits, but they would have no effect in the game other than taking up space.

Also, I've noticed that in Coretraits.traits in version in .05s.01 the "Fake orgasm expert" is spelled as that; without the words "orgasm" and "expert" being capitalized. Intentional?
You may be using an older version of the Coretraits file, the zip file I pushed has the correct "Fake Orgasm Expert".
However, the game will accept "Fake orgasm expert" as input and change it to "Fake Orgasm Expert"

When exactly is the "Ecchi" image template used in-game? I haven't noticed it so far, but then again I haven't been using the girls for many different kinds of jobs.
Currently it is used as the primary in "XXX Entertainer", "Sleazy Barmaid" and "Sleazy Waitress"
and as a secondary in "Personal Bed Warmer" and "Personal Training"

What is wrong with the default script files? Opening them in Notepad results with a convoluted mess, but Notepad++ isn't perfect either. See screenshot (linked due to size: http://i.imgur.com/Yd0Db61.jpg). Any chance for that to be cleaned up? I know I'm nitpicking here and it's still somewhat easily edit-able, but still.
The script files are actually binary files made using the script editor program.
The actual code of the script is compressed while the text is readable.
I don't like it either, eventually I want to convert the scripts to xml but that will take a while.
The script editor is in the Docs&Tools folder in the newer versions I put out.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 12:18:53 PM by aevojoey »

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #1083 on: June 30, 2014, 01:59:14 PM »
Yes and no,
They do not change any text at this time, because no one has written any. Write some and we will add it.They do however add some to the girl's initial titty skill, and if the boob size changes it adjusts it by an amount:Small (+/-15), Big(+/-15), AL(+/-20)These probably need to have another look over (especially if changing between S and AL) 

I was asking only about the initial Titty skill, yeah. So it's +15 for "Big Boobs" and +20 for "Abnormally Large Boobs", if I understood correctly?

CoreTraits.traits needs to be converted to xml
As it is now each line is processed in order 2 lines at a time
Line A has the name of the trait, Line B has the text associated with that trait.
The game processes the name and saves the text for that name.
Line B is only for human information, it has no effect on the game itself.
All traits are hard coded into the game.
You can add your own traits, but they would have no effect in the game other than taking up space.

Just for a 100% clarification: I can change the NAMES and TEXT of the traits to whatever I wish, as well as add new traits that have no purpose other than personal flavour/description function, the hardcoded part is the way the traits affect stats, skills and add fetishes.

What I was asking about, is if the hardcoded function of traits (changing stats/skills) is tied to the position of the trait in the file (so "Big Boobs" is 1, "Small Scars" is 2 etc.) or the name of the trait itself.

As a side note, someone should make/update a list of what all the current traits actually do, this is the only source I found for that information, but not only is it old, but also incomplete: http://whoremaster.wikia.com/wiki/Modding_and_Creating_Slaves

You may be using an older version of the Coretraits file, the zip file I pushed has the correct "Fake Orgasm Expert".
However, the game will accept "Fake orgasm expert" as input and change it to "Fake Orgasm Expert"

Ah, yeah, that was a mistake from my side. The current Coretraits.traits does indeed have the updated capitalized trait name.

The script files are actually binary files made using the script editor program.
The actual code of the script is compressed while the text is readable.
I don't like it either, eventually I want to convert the scripts to xml but that will take a while.
The script editor is in the Docs&Tools folder in the newer versions I put out.

Oh I didn't actually expect this to still work, since it's an old tool and I've gotten used to Notepad++ lately. Which I downloaded thanks to you, by the way, so cheers.

Offline Sorren

« Reply #1084 on: June 30, 2014, 03:08:46 PM »
Do the most recent traits (most specifically the "Gag Reflex"; "No Gag Reflex" and "Deep Throat" ones) affect the stats in any way?
Just a personal opinion but it'd make sense for those three to have a small random chance of proccing on all slaves like Virgin does, although not sure on the last one as that'd make more sense as a skill than a trait (unless you had it Low Oral Tolerance, High Oral Tolerance & No Gag Reflex).

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1085 on: June 30, 2014, 09:30:52 PM »
I was asking only about the initial Titty skill, yeah. So it's +15 for "Big Boobs" and +20 for "Abnormally Large Boobs", if I understood correctly?
Yes

Just for a 100% clarification: I can change the NAMES and TEXT of the traits to whatever I wish, as well as add new traits that have no purpose other than personal flavour/description function, the hardcoded part is the way the traits affect stats, skills and add fetishes.
You can change the text of an existing trait but not its name.

The game looks through the coretraits and compares the name line to the game's hardcoded list of trait names.
If found it passes the next line for the text for that trait.
If it processes a name line and it is not in the game's trait list, it creates a new empty trait and passes the text line to it.

What I was asking about, is if the hardcoded function of traits (changing stats/skills) is tied to the position of the trait in the file (so "Big Boobs" is 1, "Small Scars" is 2 etc.) or the name of the trait itself.
The order the traits are in has no bearing on anything.

As a side note, someone should make/update a list of what all the current traits actually do, this is the only source I found for that information, but not only is it old, but also incomplete: http://whoremaster.wikia.com/wiki/Modding_and_Creating_Slaves
I'll update that when I can.

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #1086 on: July 01, 2014, 04:57:10 AM »

You can change the text of an existing trait but not its name.

Well, it works and doesn't crash anything, so I guess the non-working part is just that the namechanged trait won't have any effect on stats/skills.

Offline Gamo

• Sup Sup!
« Reply #1087 on: July 06, 2014, 10:56:53 PM »
Hey all,

Quick question, The auto use  box does that include everything in your inventory including all these new items and such that have been added

Regards Gammo
Gamo

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1088 on: July 07, 2014, 12:06:06 AM »
     Quick question, The auto use  box does that include everything in your inventory including all these new items and such that have been added
Auto Use Items is limited to only the items that are hard coded into the game.

If I ever get around to adding the item tests to the itemsx files, then they will be customizable.

Offline aevojoey

.06 progress report
« Reply #1089 on: July 11, 2014, 01:42:28 AM »
I am going to do some major rewriting of the base code of the game before releasing .06.
I will be doing these progress reports regularly and asking for input.

I just finished updating config.xml in the code.
It now includes/replaces the ScreenMode.txt file. (something I wanted to do from day one)
I moved the config.xml to the root directory but if it is not there it will still load the .\Resources\Data\config.xml.

If anyone has suggestions for things to add to config.xml, please post them.
I will be fixing the WME to work with the updated config.xml tomorrow and it would be easier to add things sooner rather than later.

I will probably add the updated config.xml to .05t, but if I do not, I will make sure that the WME and .05 will work together.

I will push the source for this after I update WME.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 02:29:48 AM by aevojoey »

Offline Drugas

« Reply #1090 on: July 12, 2014, 07:32:10 AM »
I'd like payment by the player to the girls for non-customer services in the config. Split for slaves and for non-slaves.

Offline warlords12

« Reply #1091 on: July 14, 2014, 02:45:22 PM »
after I have added girl packs the game wont start all packs are from lurkers

I am using win7

what can be wrong

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1092 on: July 14, 2014, 07:21:26 PM »
after I have added girl packs the game wont start
 all packs are from lurkers
what can be wrong
If one of the girlsx files is corrupt it could possibly cause the game not to load properly.
Try loading the girlsx files into WME and it will tell you if one is corrupt.

I know there is at least 1 corrupt girlsx file lurking in Lurker's packs.
I don't remember which one it is, so when you find it, tell us so it can get fixed.

Offline Maggot Propelled Corpse

« Reply #1093 on: July 15, 2014, 01:56:24 AM »
If you don't know how to find broken girlsx packs it's not too hard, finding it would be useful even if you don't know how to fix it yourself. You can drag and drop from both the load menu in the editor itself and from an outside explorer window into an already open editor, one at a time or in groups.

Easy way to see if that's a problem is to just select all files and load them. If they load you're ok and the problem is elsewhere, if you get error messages you'll have to isolate it through process of elimination. Maybe load half of them, it they error load half of that half, and so on until you get down to loading them one by one.

Doesn't take too long if it's just one, but if you have a few you'll have to do it again. And maybe again ;)

I moved the config.xml to the root directory but if it is not there it will still load the .\Resources\Data\config.xml.

If anyone has suggestions for things to add to config.xml, please post them.

On edit I'll add this... I'd love to see most of it in XML, there's lots of game settings I'd like to tweak but I don't want to have to install a whole set of programmers tools which I don't own for it. But one big one I've seen others mention here is TalkCount="10", given the number of people who have mentioned that it's too low that might belong on or near the top of the list.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 02:03:59 AM by Maggot Propelled Corpse »

Offline aevojoey

Some plans and hints for what I want to do
« Reply #1094 on: July 15, 2014, 03:05:16 AM »
But one big one I've seen others mention here is TalkCount="10", given the number of people who have mentioned that it's too low that might belong on or near the top of the list.
I plan to allow higher TalkCount when I add Player's Stats and Skills.
TalkCount will be mostly based off Charisma with a few other things thrown in for flavor.

I want to make both Player's and Girl's stats/skills more fluid, changing based on how you play the game.
Many traits will change and new stats/skills/traits will be added.

The way many things in the game are handled will change to be more inclusive of everything else.
Many jobs will affect other jobs to either improve the customer's happiness or change how they spend their money.

Some may not like it when I reduce the power of some traits like Incorporeal and Virgin, or increase the power of some other traits.
Some may not want to have to build their empire from the ground up.
Some may not like that the game will get more challenging or more complex.

Customers, Rivals, Gangs, Brothels and Girls all play their parts in the game, but the part many over look is the City.
Without the City, where would the game be?

Attached is a preliminary CoreTraits.traitsx file for .06.
Add your traits to it and send it back to me.
Include any changes you think should be made and I will see what I can do with them.
Redundancy is a good thing here, the more text things I can have you all write, the more I can focus on the code.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 03:18:37 AM by aevojoey »