devolution

Author Topic: <-- Arichived --> (TODO List)  (Read 28334 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
<-- Arichived --> (TODO List)
« on: June 23, 2013, 08:23:02 AM »
Planz:

(Do tell if I forgot something)

Items (None_Weapon Types + Slaves Equipping Weapons):
Code: Alex
Content: Dark

Short Game Intro (Minor World Introduction):
Content: Klaus, Dark

Hero Setup Screen (Better customization, more options, simple background stories (Gismo is working on a setup)):
Content: Gismo, Klaus
Balance: Dark, Alex
Graphics: Gismo

Tagger (Java):
Code: living
Setup: living, Dark, CW
Content: CW, Dark, living (packs revision)

Tags Concept (Revised):
Content: CW/living/Dark
Code (any required adaptation in the game): CW/Alex

SlaveTraining (Building  Assignment direct screen, On spot training, chained Next Day training, balancing, Jail):
Code: Thewlis
Content: Dark, Alex, Thewlis, …CW/lamoli?
Balancing: Dark

Conversation/Actions Unification (should have a similar (or same) setup to what Thewlis did for Actions in locations + labels should be adapted accordingly (if so required)):
Code: Alex/Thewlis
Content: Dark/CW/Klaus/Alex
*Note Darks partner pick request

Graphics Improvement/Normalization (as Gismo makes more and more graphical elements, game screen should be styled and adapted to them in case there will be no time to customize them laterz):
Graphics: Gismo
Content: Gismo, Alex, CW

Content (Events/Quests/Location/Stories and etc.):
Code (when/if required): Alex, Thewlis
Content: All hands on deck.
*Try to split a city in thee (four?) quarters

Descriptions for Elements:
Content: Klaus (already finished)

Taxes (Improvement/Expantion):
Balance: Dark

Difficulties (Post Next release?):
Balance: Dark, Betatesters

Other:
Review Next Day reports after close
Enable Charm/Healing/Poison Skillz in the BE
Better Arena integration into main game
Reduce Amount of Brothels + Put them on the map/Rename?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 06:25:26 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Re: TODO: List
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 06:14:49 PM »
Rebalanced brothels file a bit and fixed the upgrades screen, didn't have time for anything else. Making brothel upgrades meaningful is work in progress.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 07:00:05 AM »
In wm it's always much easier to get several random girls than a unique one. In wm ex their numbers were reduced greatly both in slave market and in catacombs, so players can't rely on them anymore.
I also propose to nerf their stats and skills as much as we can compared to unique ones, and to limit max number of captured monster girls (=slaves) you can have depending on MC stats, or maybe 1-2 for each brothel. And of course it should be difficult to capture them, maybe you even have to use some rare item or skill.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 07:05:25 AM by DarkTl »

Offline rudistoned

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 07:12:55 AM »
Can skills be rare? Do we have plans of game elements that add new skills to characters?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 07:35:45 AM »
Let's clarify some things. When I say skill, I mean ability used in combat like Powerful Attack, Aimed Shot, etc. by warriors and rogues (maybe for fatigue or health) instead of spells for mp by mages.

And I certainly hope that we'll have a possibility to freely create spells and skills via xml (providing that you also have animation and sounds for them), not to mention that items already have the ability to give and remove skills, temporarily or permanently.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 07:37:41 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 04:27:39 PM »
In wm it's always much easier to get several random girls than a unique one. In wm ex their numbers were reduced greatly both in slave market and in catacombs, so players can't rely on them anymore.
I also propose to nerf their stats and skills as much as we can compared to unique ones, and to limit max number of captured monster girls (=slaves) you can have depending on MC stats, or maybe 1-2 for each brothel. And of course it should be difficult to capture them, maybe you even have to use some rare item or skill.

WM's random girl system doesn't do justice to the game (at least in my opinion). I second you suggestion of making them scarce. Technically, even with new tagging system, if I started coding right now and went for an all-nighter, we would have random girls by tomorrow morning, the reason I haven't done one thing to add them to the game is that I have no idea what to do with them right now.

Can skills be rare? Do we have plans of game elements that add new skills to characters?

Let's clarify some things. When I say skill, I mean ability used in combat like Powerful Attack, Aimed Shot, etc. by warriors and rogues (maybe for fatigue or health) instead of spells for mp by mages.

And I certainly hope that we'll have a possibility to freely create spells and skills via xml (providing that you also have animation and sounds for them), not to mention that items already have the ability to give and remove skills, temporarily or permanently.

We don't have secondary combat abilities at the moment so it's a good thing that you clarified (since it's something that never been concepted or discussed). XML creation is possible but I see no point in it. It's to easy to do in python to justify xml imports.

I see a somewhat different development roadmap past 1.0 release version than you (mine is more content driven, yours combat + BE) but we'll have a separate discussion when we get there. For now, there's plenty to do for everyone involved in the project as it is :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 06:52:27 PM »
Ok, did have much time, but still wanted to do something today:

Rooms upgrades now have some usefulness, testing has been moved to Palace, Slots fixed in brothel file.

Got big plans for tomorrow (guard job improvements, guard relay and guard upgrade bonuses (1st improvement is already useful btw.)). This will require both time and focus so I'll be happy if I manage to get that done tomorrow.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 07:20:41 AM »
XML creation is possible but I see no point in it
Obviously to give me an opportunity to work on skills and spells while you busy with other parts of the game  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 07:34:59 AM »
Obviously to give me an opportunity to work on skills and spells while you busy with other parts of the game  :)

You'd be better off working with code in this case, it's easier than you think.

Also it might actually be a better idea for you to work on sorting items into shops first since you're the one who knows what's what in that department. Also you could write concept for a couple of items hunting locations, I'd code them in and you could create a number of battle scenarios with different monsters and backgrounds.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 10:33:11 AM »
We only have some "witch hut" shop (?) if I'm not mistaken, so I guess I should find pics for other shops and their clerks as well.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 10:40:23 AM »
We only have some "witch hut" shop (?) if I'm not mistaken, so I guess I should find pics for other shops and their clerks as well.

Yeap, clerks might be an overkill unless you're planning to design NPC. For now backgrounds should be enough, I'll can put all shops into some 'market district'.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 11:05:06 AM »
Well, Alkion, Slavemaker, Otherworld do have clerks, in Otherworld they even have quests. Although I doubt I able/want to write such lengthy dialogues as Ncog did.

Did you already add witch hut to the game? I mean, can I use it in location name field?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 11:08:45 AM »
Well, Alkion, Slavemaker, Otherworld do have clerks, in Otherworld they even have quests. Although I doubt I able/want to write such lengthy dialogues as Ncog did.

Did you already add witch hut to the game? I mean, can I use it in location name field?

Nope, not yet, but nothing will happen if you do. It'll simply work when I make one. I thought there was little point in adding just one shop to the game.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 07:10:26 PM »
Phew... ok, didn't finish, but made some good progress on Guard Job. Made guard upgrades branch meaningful, fixed some bugs including the one reported by Dark in the items window. Added Dark's pack to the SF version. Fixed some minor bugs.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 06:41:22 AM »
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

:(

Updated :)
Like what we're doing?