devolution

Author Topic: Whore Master Editor 0.8.32  (Read 122288 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Whore Master Editor 0.8.32
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2018, 08:38:27 AM »
Guys - dont know if this thread is active - but i have a problem with WMEdit.8.32 - when I try create a normal slave - its going fine. Problem is when i try create daughter - when i select this can be only as my daughter the game will not start. I tried i think every combination in girl data, - make her virgin or slut, with or without stats, with or without perks, - also random girl data with trait or without trait "Your daughter" - nothing works for me. Dont know if i am doing something wrong or what. I have no problem making a normal slave, I just need one specific template for daughters.
Attach the file and I will check it out.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline BJ1982

« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2018, 10:54:31 AM »
Attach the file and I will check it out.
Which one? gamelog, config, rgirlsx or girlsx?edit: Sorry I just figure it out where the problem was (as always between a chair and a keyboard). The problem was that there must be at least 1 normal girl pack (with normal slaves). I was making daughter pack first - without making normal "slave" girls pack and the game couldnt load without it. So at least 1 normal pack and then I can add daughters pack.But there is something I still cant figure out ... so I create daughter pack called for example called "Jane Doe" ... so name Jane, surname Doe. I added this in "girl data" - "can only be born as Your Daughter". When I created also random girl date - the tamplate was also added to normal girls (so I can find girls using images from my "daughter data" - Jane Doe - in the slave market, or wondering in town...). I dont want that. So I deleted random girl data and I am keeping only girl data. So I assume when child is born there will be 1 (one) Jane Doe somewhere in the world? Dungeon maybe ..... still not far in the game. So if will I have for example ... 100 daughters I need 100 "daughters directories" just for daughters? I tried adding to list a new girls .... but does it mean every single girl I will have will be called Jane Doe? If I try rename each girl in the list (so name doesnt match directory name) game crash. I dont care about the name .... it can be random ... but i dont want 100 girls with same name.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 11:44:55 AM by BJ1982 »

Offline Beracell

« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2018, 06:11:45 PM »
You can condense girls files into one such as item files the can contain may items and retain different names.

Ill try to explain it as basic as I can the process of adding multiple girls to one girl file.
Open WMedit and go to the girl tab if its not what shows up first..For this example we will name the first girl Jane Doe, give here some random traits a bit of starting gold then hit randomize for skills and stats. Now between the skills and stats randomize buttons there are two buttons add to list and update selected. Once you have the girl the way you want hit add to list and she will be added to the list on the right...
Now for the next girl that you want in this list also you have to change all the info you added in, change the name from Jane Doe to say Mary Robins, change her traits starting gold her stats and skills to meet the requirements for the new girl then hit add to list... you now have 2 girls on the list. When you click save at the bottom a window will pop up to select the proper location to save the list to and then you can name the list anything you want. Through those steps it allows you to set up say sets of girls in one list, like a legend of zelda set, or a street fighter set and have all the girls of such related things in one file. The game will look for first name last name references according to pictures so you still need 2 folders for images one with the name Jane Doe and the other Mary Robins but only 1 girl file instead of a file for each separate girl.
To edit a girl you select them on the right side of the list change her stats then click updated selected and it will update the things you've changed.

Offline BJ1982

« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2018, 04:07:50 AM »
You can condense girls files into one such as item files the can contain may items and retain different names.

Ill try to explain it as basic as I can the process of adding multiple girls to one girl file.
Open WMedit and go to the girl tab if its not what shows up first..For this example we will name the first girl Jane Doe, give here some random traits a bit of starting gold then hit randomize for skills and stats. Now between the skills and stats randomize buttons there are two buttons add to list and update selected. Once you have the girl the way you want hit add to list and she will be added to the list on the right...
Now for the next girl that you want in this list also you have to change all the info you added in, change the name from Jane Doe to say Mary Robins, change her traits starting gold her stats and skills to meet the requirements for the new girl then hit add to list... you now have 2 girls on the list. When you click save at the bottom a window will pop up to select the proper location to save the list to and then you can name the list anything you want. Through those steps it allows you to set up say sets of girls in one list, like a legend of zelda set, or a street fighter set and have all the girls of such related things in one file. The game will look for first name last name references according to pictures so you still need 2 folders for images one with the name Jane Doe and the other Mary Robins but only 1 girl file instead of a file for each separate girl.
To edit a girl you select them on the right side of the list change her stats then click updated selected and it will update the things you've changed.
well so that is not good ... I dont really care about files .... thats only 2-3MB in size. The directory is the problem (I use with gifs) so its usually between 200-300MB in size. So for every single "daughter" i will need to reserve 200-300 MB. Thats  :'( .Btw. if I have only 1 daughter *.girlsx .... and I have twins. I presume that first will use daughter *.girlsx. But what the other?

Offline BJ1982

« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2018, 04:44:01 AM »
The ideal way - dont know how hard is it to code it should be:
In Whore Master Editor:
In Girl Data:
Name: Name of directory from where pics will be loaded - not the actual name of the girl
First: First name of the girl - dont need to be same as Name; Middle - Middle name of the girl - dont need to be same as Name; Las - Last name of the girl it doesnt need to be same as Name.Than adding new names using Name directory should be easy. But if Name of directory must be the same as name of the girl thats not ideal.

Offline Beracell

« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2018, 05:05:04 PM »
Well if you want all the girls to have the same images then I think there is a default image type that you can use.. but in case that you want their images to be different then yes you need different directories for each name.
Normally in the case that you don't have images for a girl it might pick images from a default directory that's where you can get many girls with the same images but different names though I could be wrong on how that works.

After 10 mins of looking at code it looks like...
First it searches config rules if no config is found or hasn't been changed then...
Gamedir > Resources > Characters > selected girls Name
 if the selected girl doesn't exists then its supposed to return "ERROR: "(selected girl name)" has no images" But playing the game I don't get the message i just get a blank image screen so that may be a bug.
There might be a way to do it using a random girl file but idk... I haven't really dealt with random girls or the daughter part of the game yet.
Someone else may have to explain or help further.

**Edit**
 The reason why no image shows up for me is because I don't have a "DefaultImages" folder in the resource directory.So in sense any girl that does not have a image folder in the characters folder will pull images from the default images folder if it exists.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 05:48:54 PM by Beracell »

Offline BJ1982

« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2018, 04:06:49 PM »
Well if you want all the girls to have the same images then I think there is a default image type that you can use.. but in case that you want their images to be different then yes you need different directories for each name.
Normally in the case that you don't have images for a girl it might pick images from a default directory that's where you can get many girls with the same images but different names though I could be wrong on how that works.

After 10 mins of looking at code it looks like...
First it searches config rules if no config is found or hasn't been changed then...
Gamedir > Resources > Characters > selected girls Name
 if the selected girl doesn't exists then its supposed to return "ERROR: "(selected girl name)" has no images" But playing the game I don't get the message i just get a blank image screen so that may be a bug.
There might be a way to do it using a random girl file but idk... I haven't really dealt with random girls or the daughter part of the game yet.
Someone else may have to explain or help further.

**Edit**
 The reason why no image shows up for me is because I don't have a "DefaultImages" folder in the resource directory.So in sense any girl that does not have a image folder in the characters folder will pull images from the default images folder if it exists.
yes ..... thanx for answer.

Offline jacq2e

« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2019, 11:10:34 PM »
The traits editor is broken. When I click on a trait, it shows another one and the filter just don't work.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2019, 10:21:52 PM »
The traits editor is broken. When I click on a trait, it shows another one and the filter just don't work.
If you are trying to load the CoreTraits.traitsx from .06.04.01, the editor has not been updated for that, you will have to edit it manually.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2019, 05:23:35 AM »
The ideal way - dont know how hard is it to code it should be:
In Whore Master Editor:
In Girl Data:
Name: Name of directory from where pics will be loaded - not the actual name of the girl
First: First name of the girl - dont need to be same as Name; Middle - Middle name of the girl - dont need to be same as Name; Las - Last name of the girl it doesnt need to be same as Name.Than adding new names using Name directory should be easy. But if Name of directory must be the same as name of the girl thats not ideal.
There are many girls with the same first name. That's why it's case sensitive. That way you can have a Zelda and Zelda3, or multiple Captains. But in the editor, you only actually need to list the file name. You could list it as "madam" and then add your own names to the first, middle, and last names for actual names. But that's for unique girls, who don't generate random names.
Also the size you need to set aside depends on how many images are in each file, you don't like how much space is used, reduce the number of images after you download it. And delete the girls you don't want.You can also remove categories you don't like, and add any generic image to the default file, so they aren't as likely to get stale.

Offline Sorren

« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2019, 02:07:54 PM »
Was that actually changed because last I used the editor before the traits change you couldn't have a different folder name and girl name. Because believe me I tried and was one of, if not the first person to push for such a change. It's why you'll actually find a lot of the same girls with different versions use spaces to workaround the issue.

From what I remember your capitalisation thing is wrong for a start as on Windows, for example, it would simply merge a lower and uppercase folder. Zelda1, Zelda2, zelda3 would all be considered the same if you tried to also have zelda1, zelda2 and Zelda3.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 02:14:14 PM by Sorren »