Author Topic: My game tweaks.  (Read 4825 times)

Offline Anon21

My game tweaks.
« on: July 14, 2011, 11:01:27 AM »
Just keeping note of what I've been playing around with on my local copy.

* Added 'Fertility Idol' item.

* Added 'Your Gold' text element to gang management screen.

* All characters have age / age range based on information on the character they are based on and/or physical appearance. (Coded restriction on age relaxed to match 'actual' age of characters).

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: My game tweaks.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 12:46:54 PM »
Just keeping note of what I've been playing around with on my local copy.

* Added 'Fertility Idol' item.

* Added 'Your Gold' text element to gang management screen.

* All characters have age / age range based on information on the character they are based on and/or physical appearance. (Coded restriction on age relaxed to match 'actual' age of characters).

1) This is better suited for Mod section and I'll assume you wouldn't mind some sort of a comment since you can locally make notes using a pen and paper.

2) About the Item. All modders and most users in here can create an item in under 30 seconds. There are also some item packs and addons in the mod section. If you are fishing for the ideas, I can offer my approach. I added some new items and created "Levels" on the existing once, for example a lvl.1 ring that will add 3 to girl's beauty and 5 to charisma is priced at 1000 while a lvl.10 ring that would add 50 to beauty and 60 to charisma would be priced at 80 000. I have applied that to all appropriate items. The reason for my approach is that I like really long rounds, have about 30 Random girl variations and over 1000 unique girls (around 99% downloaded from modders and 1% made by me), this allows some kind of an outlet for your cash when you start making more or much more then 100 000 per week.

3) On "Your gold" element at gangs screen. That becomes obsolete really fast since the gangs are cheap... but it doesn't hurt anyone :)

4) Coded restriction of 17 has never bugged me but maybe it would be better to restrict age to 18 and display something similar to ? ? ? (-- for example) for anything less like with over 100 year old girls? Be careful with "age range" restrictions for Random girls or when you kidnap "Wife and Daughters", you might get stuck with a mother that is younger or not much older than her children, unless you are planning to edit the nopay script as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Anon21

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 12:54:33 PM »
1) This is better suited for Mod section and I'll assume you wouldn't mind some sort of a comment since you can locally make notes using a pen and paper.
Yarr, the only reason is isn't in the 'Mod' section is that I'm not offering this up as a mod. It is mostly notes to myself - but I figure that as I do more stuff some of it might be interesting to other players.

3) On "Your gold" element at gangs screen. That becomes obsolete really fast since the gangs are cheap... but it doesn't hurt anyone

Yeah, but it bugs me at the start. Especially as there are things you can spend your money on instantly there (potions, nets, weapon upgrades).

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 01:09:20 PM »
Yeah, but it bugs me at the start. Especially as there are things you can spend your money on instantly there (potions, nets, weapon upgrades).

Actually you are right, now that I began to recall how the original download is played I agree with you, the start is really slow...

If you use a lot of girls from the mod's section, there is almost no "take off" period since you will get maxed out warriors really soon and can raid catacombs, selling off expensive items and random slaves.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 01:19:42 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Anon21

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 02:32:06 PM »
* Cut back a lot on initial gang numbers and strength.

* Weekly increase in hire-able gangs now depends on how many of the businesses you are extorting from (as a measure of your 'fame' among the gangs).

* Cost of gang missions now varies depending on how many are in the gang. (10 members = same as before, 15 members= 150% of normal cost, etc.) [DOESN'T WORK :-( ]

* Added 'size factor' that shrinks / increases all initial brothel parameters (rooms, cost, business ownership requirement). [DOESN'T WORK :-( ]

* You can now Retire girls instead of just Firing them. Retired girls are given a hefty redundancy payment. This counts as a Good act and reduces suspicion / evil.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:39:50 AM by Anon21 »

Offline Anon21

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 01:14:46 PM »
Working on Interface mod by THE FUTURE. Want to increase font size for list boxes and other interface elements. http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=761.0

Offline THE FUTURE

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 01:32:35 PM »
woot, saves me the trouble

/goes back to watching animu
This is the last week of bug fixes. Barring anything catastrophic, development of a "sequel" to WM EX begins next week. If there is a major bug that hasn't been addressed, say so now or you're going to have to wait quite a long time for it to be fixed.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 01:59:39 PM »
This looks pretty good... I dismissed it in the past for reasons I no longer remember  :(
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 02:10:14 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?