Author Topic: Girls taking items by themselves ?  (Read 3671 times)

Offline seden

Girls taking items by themselves ?
« on: October 14, 2016, 07:21:22 PM »
Hello,

I remember that some time ago, the girls where taking some items when needed, but it seem I cant find where to allow for that (or was this feature removed ?).

this said, it would be quite a nice idea/feature to add in a new screen : options. As to what host there, hm, to be seen ?

Offline Ctwo

Re: Girls taking items by themselves ?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 08:08:27 PM »
Girls will buy items on their own when they get a day off, but I don't believe they will use the items or take items from inventory.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 01:14:09 AM »
I remember that some time ago, the girls where taking some items when needed, but it seem I cant find where to allow for that (or was this feature removed ?).
Some items do get used automatically but that part of the code has not been updated in a while.
I will look into it soon.

this said, it would be quite a nice idea/feature to add in a new screen : options. As to what host there, hm, to be seen ?
I am working on adding a settings screen.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline seden

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 02:16:24 PM »
If you take a look at it, could it be possible for the item tied to stats (rainbow ring for example) to be used when needed then sent back to PC inventory when not needed anymore ?

(Not sure but this could require quite some more code to be added in ?).

Good news as to a setting screen coming in :)

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 08:43:06 PM »
If you take a look at it, could it be possible for the item tied to stats (rainbow ring for example) to be used when needed then sent back to PC inventory when not needed anymore ?
(Not sure but this could require quite some more code to be added in ?).
It could be done but because most items affect multiple stats the check would have to be done for each item individually.

Offline seden

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 11:53:59 AM »
Hm, yes and no, I mean it is also dependant on the items specifics.

Even if they are more than one effect, in most cas it is one major, the others lessers/secondary.

Example with the mentioned Rainbow Ring : +15 beauty, +5 Happyness. The girls used it as to happiness, the same they used mana crystal for mana (that item being among the few who have quite a direct use since single effect).

This said, a job of some interest could be "buyer", who based on a player set list, will seek to find sources for specifics items (thinking as to wholesale setting).
This getting in the way of the current crafter jobs, just setting them (or using others professional) as to obtain specifics (That said, the way it is now, a Jeweler who kept for 12 turns crafting bauble necklace..) items.

This said, since the magic stat is quite secondary as it is, it could be of use as to the enchanted (not basic) effects of the items, either trough an "enchanter" plain job, or simply by assigning a set requirement (as a recipe) for the chosen item. Guess it involve some code view as this.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 12:24:39 PM »
Hm, yes and no, I mean it is also dependant on the items specifics.
Even if they are more than one effect, in most cas it is one major, the others lessers/secondary.
Example with the mentioned Rainbow Ring : +15 beauty, +5 Happyness. The girls used it as to happiness, the same they used mana crystal for mana (that item being among the few who have quite a direct use since single effect).
It will probably get added some time in the future.

This said, a job of some interest could be "buyer", who based on a player set list, will seek to find sources for specifics items (thinking as to wholesale setting).
This getting in the way of the current crafter jobs, just setting them (or using others professional) as to obtain specifics (That said, the way it is now, a Jeweler who kept for 12 turns crafting bauble necklace..) items.
This said, since the magic stat is quite secondary as it is, it could be of use as to the enchanted (not basic) effects of the items, either trough an "enchanter" plain job, or simply by assigning a set requirement (as a recipe) for the chosen item. Guess it involve some code view as this.
The crafting jobs are fairly new and some still need the items to be sorted by what it takes to make them.
When they were first created, a single item was set to be made just as a place filler until the rest of the items could be added.
I recently added the items in Tailor and I will do Jeweler after I finish the settings screen.