devolution

Author Topic: <-- Archived --> **Traits Concept  (Read 50566 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: Traits Concept
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2014, 10:10:04 AM »
Sensetive... -/+5% to any libido change?
That probably will be too insignificant. 10% maybe?

Impersonal: Might not be the best idea to mess with max/min of disposition stat. I imagine it will be used quite a bit and might cause issues. We need to check the "twice less effective bit as well", stuff like that may break the game.
Then there isn't much that we can do in terms of effects for Impersonal, until we'll have relationships between girls. Although, penalty to any disposion/joy change could be useful here. Like, it's hard to gain disposition, but it's hard to lose it too, sounds balanced enough.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 01:15:41 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2014, 10:44:55 AM »
That probably will be too insignificant. 10% maybe?

Maybe... Actually, neither will have an impact right now since stats are being tracked as integers and non items increases are to small of value to be effected. I want to finish with basic tags, finish some loose ends and start turning PyTFall into a game for the Alpha leaving most of these decisions (like int/float for the stats) for later.

We already have more code and content than many of the similar game on their Alpha releases...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2014, 03:08:03 PM »
I have. But it was like half a year ago.

We haven't tested all effects btw. Introvert and Extrovert were both coded in with errors.

I've fixed that and added Impersonal and Sensitive (joy/disposition - 30% and libido + 20%). All needs testing. Going to take a look at finance logging now, I recall that being coded poorly so I might redo the whole thing.

PS: At my revision of traits.xml, not a single trait applies any effects??? Is my version outdated or you haven't gotten around to it yet?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2014, 01:07:36 PM »
PS: At my revision of traits.xml, not a single trait applies any effects??? Is my version outdated or you haven't gotten around to it yet?
Many of effects have been applies, but not all of them, since we have some new ones. As always, you can find the newest traits xml in my db.

I have my hands full with rl, even had to work during all holidays, so have no time for testing for now. Hopefully, I'll be free again closer to the end of the week.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2014, 01:17:07 PM »
I have my hands full with rl

Yeah.. I know what that's like. Although I was able to put in good 20 hours into the project this week (finally).
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2014, 03:06:41 PM »
Just had a look through the list of traits, looks like most things are covered.
===
BTW do you want me to go through the file and check grammar and stuff?
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2014, 03:12:02 PM »
Just had a look through the list of traits, looks like most things are covered.
===
BTW do you want me to go through the file and check grammar and stuff?

If you find any mistakes, fix them but read a guide on how to push first (or you can just send fixed file to me). We have a DB folder to trade files and you should get an account on sourceforge to be able to push.
Like what we're doing?

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2014, 03:17:34 PM »
Okay i'll get right on that then while i'm waiting for stuff to DL
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2014, 05:12:39 AM »
Before I forget:

We should remove/redefine traits that raise disposition at face value. They're doing weird stuff to girlmeets that I cannot easily fix with code. Instead these traits should either raise disposition faster or do something else.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2014, 06:41:41 AM »
Then disposition fields in traits xml are useless, just disable them completely.

We have Mind Fucked, Kind, Dependant and Broken Will with small disposition bonuses. We already have a good effect for Mind Fucked, and Kind seems a bit out pf place here.
Broken Will probably should be less dependent on disposition rather than raise it faster, I'll think about it. As for Dependant, it could use faster rate (and its opposite Mature conversely).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 06:43:31 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2014, 07:12:35 AM »
Then disposition fields in traits xml are useless, just disable them completely.

Ok, I'll try to do so tonight.

We have Mind Fucked, Kind, Dependant and Broken Will with small disposition bonuses. We already have a good effect for Mind Fucked, and Kind seems a bit out pf place here.
Broken Will probably should be less dependent on disposition rather than raise it faster, I'll think about it. As for Dependant, it could use faster rate (and its opposite Mature conversely).

Faster rate for dependent as well then.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2014, 05:24:07 PM »

I didn't spend to much time studying traits and their effects and just basically coded what you've told me to. This is what mods it now:

Code: [Select]
                if key == 'disposition':
                    if self.__dict__['effects']['Introvert']['active']:
                        value = value - int((value - getattr(self, 'disposition'))*0.2)
                    elif self.__dict__['effects']['Extrovert']['active']:
                        value = value + int((value - getattr(self, 'disposition'))*0.2)
                    elif self.__dict__['effects']['Impersonal']['active']:
                        value = value - int(round((value - getattr(self, 'disposition'))*0.3))

Do we have any items that increase disposition by the way? I mean like temporary consumables or something girl might wear? Because if we have, I'll have to change this code a bit as well or we'll get multiplication thing like we used to have with experience.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2014, 02:38:37 AM »
We have some items that permanently change current disposition. I don't think we have temporary or equipable ones, they don't make any sense to me.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2014, 09:27:55 AM »
Ah yes, we have various shackles that reduce max disposition when equipped. But, as I said,  I thought we could use it somehow for slaves, and we should try to introduce them properly within slave training/rmg capturing systems.
So I might as well remove them for now if it's a problem.

We also have misc items that change its current value either once or constantly, I hope it's not a problem.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2014, 10:08:51 AM »
Ah yes, we have various shackles that reduce max disposition when equipped. But, as I said,  I thought we could use it somehow for slaves, and we should try to introduce them properly within slave training/rmg capturing systems.
So I might as well remove them for now if it's a problem.

We also have misc items that change its current value either once or constantly, I hope it's not a problem.

Modding Max of disposition may prevent certain events from ever be accessible for those girls but we don't have any events anyway...

For the rest, none of this is a problem, I'll just adjust the code a little bit to prevent multiplication of the stat, it's just one or two lines.
Like what we're doing?