Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619530 times)

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #210 on: May 11, 2014, 04:45:02 PM »
Out of curiosity, do you (aveojoey) have a changelog of some sort, or anything else that shows what, precisely, was changed?
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #211 on: May 11, 2014, 05:06:59 PM »
I started a one ("changelog-j.txt") but haven't been very good about keeping up with it :'(

the game ran amazingly stable for quite a while today, but somehow i managed to get my safegame borked again...and i don´t know what it was that caused the crash. happened after i assigned the first girls at the towncenter. but i honestly have no idea if that is the reason for the crash or maybe some of the girls i added to the game earlier.
I found the cause of your problem and am working on a fix.
It is caused because the movies are only supposed to run for 35 weeks and then get removed, however, the counter counts the number of weeks then resets to zero and deletes all movies.
I am fixing it by making each movie track its own weeks then get pulled from the shelves after the 35 weeks.

Fix completed and is in version .05j here:
http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=953.msg27445#msg27445
I also updated and added "changelog-j.txt"
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 12:44:15 AM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline torrentsearcher

« Reply #212 on: May 12, 2014, 07:23:07 AM »
great job, thanks for your efforts!

btw, the game does show the right jobs in the girls´ screen now, indeed, but it doesn´t reassign a girl if u change the girl´s job in her screen, at least not during the turn review. not that much of a problem, though. i prefer assigning jobs in the brothel screen, anyway.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 01:37:06 PM by torrentsearcher »

Offline Gamo

• Sup Sup!
« Reply #213 on: May 12, 2014, 07:08:10 PM »
Hey Crazy:

Still Loving the game with the different paths u can go, couple things I noticed and they are all random.

1: random crashes when I click the 3rd brothel management screen and Brothel Setup (haven't yet progressed past the 3rd one)

2: random crashes when I click the weekly summary and I choose studio.

I have reassigned all jobs like listed but its random unfortunately, but when you restart from  a crash it works and then it becomes random again as you play.

Just and FYI not sure if u can recreate them or not but I'm sure they are bugs.
P.S. I applaud your creativity and the way the game has turned out, gets quite addictive
Gamo

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #214 on: May 12, 2014, 09:04:36 PM »
If you upload your savegame, I'll take a look at it.

Offline Gamo

• Sup Sup!
« Reply #215 on: May 12, 2014, 10:38:05 PM »
Here you go. Hopefully it helps you find bugs.
Gamo

Offline torrentsearcher

« Reply #216 on: May 13, 2014, 04:35:14 AM »
not that i might actually help with fixing the bugs, but about that crash in the brothel screen: it seems that if u open a brothel screen after having visited the studio, the arena or ur house be4 the game displays the screen for the building u have visited be4. i can´t say why, but i have noticed that happening a few times, it´s easiest to notice when u have the advertising budget set differently in all places. might that cause a crash when u try to switch stuff in a screen that doesn´t belong to the brothel u are acutally managing at that time?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #217 on: May 13, 2014, 10:50:49 AM »
not that i might actually help with fixing the bugs, but about that crash in the brothel screen: it seems that if u open a brothel screen after having visited the studio, the arena or ur house be4 the game displays the screen for the building u have visited be4. i can´t say why, but i have noticed that happening a few times, it´s easiest to notice when u have the advertising budget set differently in all places. might that cause a crash when u try to switch stuff in a screen that doesn´t belong to the brothel u are acutally managing at that time?
Got it, fixed it, tested it, uploaded it here : http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=953.msg27445#msg27445

Offline Gamo

• Sup Sup!
« Reply #218 on: May 13, 2014, 10:52:45 AM »
Thank you for the help I will download it and try it this evening.
Gamo

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #219 on: May 13, 2014, 11:13:17 AM »
Thank you for the help I will download it and try it this evening.
I had to reupload the zip, download it again.

Offline AkiraTepes

« Reply #220 on: May 17, 2014, 02:45:30 PM »
I've been hitting a bug where several traits aren't working. Incorporial, Basic Magic, Slow Orgasms, Fast Orgasms, Exhibitionist Lv1, Inhuman Lifespan... that's all for now. It works on some girls and others it doesn't. Could it just be something in the rgirls and girls files?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 02:48:03 PM by AkiraTepes »

Offline Lurker

« Reply #221 on: May 17, 2014, 04:38:22 PM »
I've been hitting a bug where several traits aren't working. Incorporial, Basic Magic, Slow Orgasms, Fast Orgasms, Exhibitionist Lv1, Inhuman Lifespan... that's all for now. It works on some girls and others it doesn't. Could it just be something in the rgirls and girls files?

Exhibitionist Lv1, Inhuman Lifespan are leftovers from WMEX. So you are likely using a WMEX girlx file.
Which girls are you having problems with etc?

Offline Gamo

• Sup Sup!
« Reply #222 on: May 24, 2014, 06:23:21 PM »
Hey all,

Started playing again with my save game and have redone jobs with all my brothels and studio.

when I tried to give jobs again in studio the job always stays at zero even though I have someone for that job.

Example:  I Gave masturbation to a girl and it stays at zero instead of one, showing that the position is filled

Attached is my save file
Gamo

Offline torrentsearcher

« Reply #223 on: May 24, 2014, 08:04:00 PM »
hey gamo, just give the girls the jobs in the brothel screen of the studio, not in her individual screen. the number of girls doing the job should be shown then.
and as far as i know, even if u select the jobs in the girl´s screen, the job WILL be assigned. u can see that on the brothel screen!

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #224 on: May 24, 2014, 10:53:03 PM »
when I tried to give jobs again in studio the job always stays at zero even though I have someone for that job.

If your problem is occurring when you try to change jobs from the girl detail screen, this is a known bug in a recent update.
I am working on fixing that.
The fix for it is in .05m here - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=953.msg27593#msg27593

If you are having problems on the studio girls list, you must assign a "Camera Mage" and "Crystal Purifier" before assigning any "Film ..." job.

I have found a few bug and fixed them:
 - The buy 20 potions button in the house had the wrong shipping label and the potions were getting delivered to the Centre instead.  For now, only use the buy 10 button in the house.
 - Changed it so number of potions and restock is saved in each building.
These are not game breaking so they can wait until .05n

I am basically rewriting how antipreg potions work.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 03:44:46 PM by aevojoey »