devolution

Author Topic: Question About Unfinished Jobs  (Read 3643 times)

Offline fires_flair

Question About Unfinished Jobs
« on: May 10, 2011, 05:21:17 PM »
I have two questions.
first would it be possible just to switch back to the old movie making jobs, at least until the new jobs are finished?

and what needs to get done to make the unfinished jobs work. I mean would it need much more coding, or mostly writing?

Offline Konata

Re: Question About Unfinished Jobs
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 05:40:45 PM »
Copypasting from existing jobs will be easier. I think. Maybe.  More interesting to have a unique jobs, but also harder to code.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 05:49:05 PM »
well I was just thinking, if it were just a little bit of coding, and a lot of writing, then we users, who have no coding ability, but want to help, could at least try to work on the writing. then if there was enough writing done, and some spare time a dev/some one familiar with the coding, could put it all together and we'd have more working jobs.
I know most of the jobs are implemented in one way or another, even if it's just to tell the game to refer to a different job.

Offline Konata

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 05:58:47 PM »
Writing means text output?

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 06:07:02 PM »
um. yes? writing, like for the description of what happened when the girl worked that shift. personally I'd like to there to be a lot variety, and have a few lines for each thing (competence/skill level), so you don't see the same thing every time you read about a girl 'cleaning', 'waitress', working the bar, etc.

Offline Konata

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 07:03:15 PM »
Yep, no misunderstanding. Text descriptions and dialogues add more variety, but still leaving the game linear. Adding some plot, more background for unique girls, options, changes, choices - your need more literature talent than coding skills. Plus randomness, of course. Randomness is a replayability, replayability helps to avoid boring clicking w/o text reading. Fuh, English grammar.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 07:23:36 PM »
ya, but most of that can be developed, if we can get things stable and implemented. like if the original script engine worked we would be able to make a background for each girl, whether or not she came from town walks or not. we would also be able to do events and stuff, which would add plot. with the awesome ability to pick and choose which events you wanted or not. or even the ability to edit them.
and we cannot get the job implemented, even if we had writers galore, without having some one code it into the game. sadly to say :( . if coding wasn't so vital, (or if I knew how to code) I would be work on this myself. it's sad that the game is winding down in the way it has.

Offline Konata

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 08:05:24 PM »
After some editing, girls can be obtained not only through town walks. Even in script editor there is a function for adding girl to brothel/dungeon. Adding background to girl also can be done with existing tools. But without scripts, of course, it's just plain text. Also, script editing is much simplier, than game coding. More limited, though.
Now the main problem is text writer, plot maker and scripter.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 11:41:24 PM »
the problem with the script editor is that it doesn't always work. My first script was for a monster girl, it didn't work. and not due to anything I did, but because of a fault in the script editor (thus why I leave it to town walks). in fact it triggured either a police or gang raid on my brothel when entering the town area (if I remember correctly).
I mean that's why they were trying to get 'lua' into the game rather then use and fix the current editor.