Author Topic: Bugs v1.29.4.0  (Read 111743 times)

Offline Vorpal

Re: Bugs v1.29.4.0
« Reply #135 on: December 26, 2009, 03:44:36 PM »
When a movie finishes production, normally the girls change the job to rest. But this is messed up when they have different shifts, apparently resetting according to the first actor's shift, e.g.,
-- G1: Movie(1) | [Job 2]
-- G2: [Job 1] | Movie(1)
changes to
-- G1: Rest | [Job 2]
-- G2: Rest | Movie(0).
If you don't fix it manually on the same term without going into details, the ones workings on the second shift start a new production. I haven't tested what happens when one girl works on the movie both shifts, but it's probably messed up as well.

Also, are the profits affected by doubling the shift on one girl--i.e., does the girl count as two in that case?

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #136 on: December 26, 2009, 04:13:52 PM »
Also, are the profits affected by doubling the shift on one girl--i.e., does the girl count as two in that case?

That's a good question.  I was considering turning a brothel into a full-time movie studio, so the effect of putting girls on multiple movie shifts per week would be of paramount import.  Mayhap I will run a test to see...
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #137 on: December 26, 2009, 04:23:53 PM »
I think it does in this version, version 1.30 it may, I have not decided yet.

As for the bug, it should be fixed in the next version.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #138 on: December 26, 2009, 06:22:48 PM »
After doing some testing, it looks to me like the revenues from a movie are proportional to the total girl-shifts put in to production (ie, 20 girls working 1 shift a week for 3 weeks = ~2500g in revenue the first week of distribution, working 2 shifts/week = ~5000g in the game I tested with).
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Vorpal

« Reply #139 on: December 26, 2009, 10:51:57 PM »
If I give the girls a stash of relaxers, they seem to go through them like crazy.
I just tested this: without relaxers, tiredness is raised 4%/day (working double shift movie production at 100% constitution, nice accommodations). And yet they still seem to use two per day if I give them any.

Proposed solution: have girls refrain from using a tiredness-decreasing consumables unless tiredness is a decent fraction of the relieving value. Say, 60%, e.g., so that a quality relaxer (-60) would not be used until tiredness is over 36. Or perhaps 2/3.

Maybe something similar with healing consumables, except with a much lower threshold for use (say, 1/5). You wouldn't use a major item on a scratch, but at the same time, when you're hurt you stop caring about being wasteful.

Offline betatester

« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2009, 12:24:51 AM »
Ok so now I will post to the good place  ::)
.6 version

Another bug (or a feature...)
- When a custumer says to a girl he doesn't have enough money to pay and that the girl ask guards to make him play the amount of money is above 1000 gold

- some traits description are masked by the set house% button in girls detail windows

- The case sensitivity for image names for the girls is not always respected (doesn't matter on window$ but matters on Linux for exemple). What are the naming specs ?

- some image packs perhaps user mods included .png images remamed as .jpg they shoud be converted to .jpg or the program could test .jpg imges then .png then .gif for exemple

A suggestion
- Tsunade should have problems when working in gambling hall (and so do you)

Offline Encore

« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2009, 08:44:18 AM »
I found out that after I changed my .girls file into an .girlsx my unique catacomb girls only show up as normal girls while the WM editor 0.65 says they're catacomb girls. Can someone please tell me why this is.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2009, 09:01:44 AM »
I found out that after I changed my .girls file into an .girlsx my unique catacomb girls only show up as normal girls while the WM editor 0.65 says they're catacomb girls. Can someone please tell me why this is.

Easy answer: it's a bug. Haven't had time to find the damn thing, and with the push to get 1.30 out of the door, I'm not likely to for some time. I did have a quick look for it a while back, and it didn't seem to be the actual XML loading. Which is to say the catacomb/human flags seemed to be loading as specified in the file. Which doesn't explain why the non-xml versions work as expected, of course...

I'll see if I can find time for a quick bug hunt. Of all the outstanding 1.29.* bugs, this is the one that irritates me the most.

[edit]

Here: try this.

http://www.mediafire.com/?l2qtzwny4yt#

It should fix the problem with monster girls not being recognised as such. It may well introduce other bugs, however, and I'm not going to have time to hunt them down. So consider this an unofficial release :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 10:04:02 AM by DocClox »

Offline Encore

« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2009, 10:13:14 AM »
thanks doc I'll try it right now

Offline Encore

« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2009, 10:46:29 AM »
The fix seems to work and unique catacomb girl are showing up again.
The Dungeon screen will be great once the headings for the columns are done but the lettertype is kinda blurry to me.
What's your screen settings for WM doc?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2009, 10:53:42 AM »
The fix seems to work and unique catacomb girl are showing up again.
The Dungeon screen will be great once the headings for the columns are done but the lettertype is kinda blurry to me.
What's your screen settings for WM doc?

Try adding

Code: [Select]
        <Fonts
                Normal          = "segoeui.ttf"
                Fixed           = "segoeui.ttf"
        />

to your config.xml

Offline Encore

« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2009, 12:20:42 PM »
Thanks again doc

Offline Maruk

« Reply #147 on: December 31, 2009, 03:03:31 PM »
Some things I noticed in v1.29.4.6 (fully patched from the update thread):

1)  Buying protect (anti-preg) potions does not lower your cash.  I tested this with 18 gold and was able to buy 700 of them straight with no losses.  Also, protect potions are added to your stock even with negative cash.  It looks like you are checking for sufficient funds, but not deducting the price.

2)  Any sort of abortion or insemination does not reset the pregnancy cycle.  You can re-impregnate the girl after using any abortion or anti-insemination item (coat hanger, Philter or Chalice) and the clock will re-appear with the previous countdown.  The clock also continues to tick down even after using the item, as the timer will have the supposed un-affected weeks removed from itself as if the girl was still pregnant.

Bit of clarification:
It appears that you can overwrite the previous effect as well.  It is possible to go from an insemination (or not-yours pregnancy) to a "Your Child" pregnancy, but it will have the old timer of the previous one.  This works both ways.

3)  This might not be a bug, but it is interesting behavior:  After using the Philter of Abortion (added item by LordShame) one of my girls pregnancy timer took 2 weeks off for every 1 week passed.  The documentation in LS's files stated no such behavior is present in this item, so this might be something interesting to look into.

Hope that this helps.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 03:07:26 PM by Maruk »

Offline Sigfried666

« Reply #148 on: January 01, 2010, 10:18:13 AM »
Somehow, the tag "Your Daughter" is not being applied to the player's daughters...

Offline Sigfried666

« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2010, 12:32:44 AM »
Alright, sorry for double-posting, even if some time has passed.
I tried downloading the files again, updated the game, and played withou any modification.
The player's daughters are not getting the "Your daughter" tag. The girl description at the dungeon does say it's the child of one of the girls, but the tag to indicate the playe'rs fatherhood is not being added.
Is it happening to anyone else?