Author Topic: Bugs v1.29.4.0  (Read 110558 times)

Offline zartog

Re: Bugs v1.29.4.0
« Reply #255 on: January 21, 2010, 03:46:20 AM »
Ahah  that was it.
I had exodias mega packs installed, but i forgot to delete them as I downloaded the newer versions!  So it looks like i had copies of everyone in the pack lol
Geez that helps.  I was wondering why i was seeing very few new girls.. all the slots were full of the same one xD
I need to start looking before i go and open my mouth =P

Offline letmein

« Reply #256 on: January 21, 2010, 03:06:23 PM »
I haven't been paying attention of late, so I apologize in advance if this has been addressed (or will be addressed) somewhere...  but I have a girl that's age 14.  She was apparently set that way in the Editor (I checked), but nevertheless I thought the minimum was set to 17 or 18.  Shouldn't the game automatically adjust that?  Also, did anyone ever fix the problem that girls made younger by an item can get younger than the minimum?  For a bit there, I think the game would keep their apparent age at the min, but have their actual age (the one that increases every year) be the age it would be without the minimum.  If that makes sense.

EDIT:  on that subject, the last time I got the "kidnap wife and daughters" event all the daughters were age 17.  This isn't strictly impossible, but perhaps there should be a check for this sort of thing?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 03:37:34 PM by letmein »
Still lurking.

Offline letmein

« Reply #257 on: January 21, 2010, 08:24:39 PM »
Double post:  and I just got a random girl with Big Boobs and Abnormally Large Boobs.
Still lurking.

Offline Sigfried666

« Reply #258 on: January 21, 2010, 09:33:27 PM »
We recently had some discussion about girls age. Some girls have been made with age lower than the set minimum, but it seems the game corrects that value after saving and loading, but I am not sure,
I do know, as it happend to me, that age IS corrected, I just can't tell you exactly what does it.

And random girls tags seem to be able to conflict in many things...

Offline altereggo

« Reply #259 on: January 21, 2010, 11:57:22 PM »
I had just noticed that auto-aging, and was trying to figure it out.
I have to say, I wish the minimum age was a changeable value, as 17 just doesn't cut it in the US--it has the same legal implications as 12.
"1 year aging potions" don't really do the trick, and thanks to the moral panic in the states, it's just the kind of crap some publicity-seeking hick prosecutor would go for if a drug bust came up empty...

Judging by the code used to make the min (and my admittedly limited programing knowledge), it doesn't look to hard to make it a config value. If an installer is eventually planned, it could be integrated into the game setup and the EULA.

exodia91

« Reply #260 on: January 22, 2010, 12:46:25 AM »
Actually it does have the same legal implications as twelve, but not for the reasons you think. As it stands, its perfectly legal for fictional characters in media, such as books, or in this case, a game, to be below the age of consent and engage in sexual activities. And seeing as how the Supreme Court ruled the ban on lolicon unconstitutional, us Americans are pretty well covered on the images as well, so no worries mate. Unless you live in a totally hick area and the judge, prosecutors, and police officers all ignore the law, or default to some BS state or city legislation. But you can always appeal to higher courts. I seriously doubt they'd try to prosecute you for a game that has seventeen year olds in it though, seeing as half the States have age of consent at 16.

Offline altereggo

« Reply #261 on: January 22, 2010, 01:01:43 AM »
"Unless you live in a totally hick area and the judge, prosecutors, and police officers all ignore the law"
That was an excellent guess. :D

I did an internship with the previous prosecutor, and he taught me some of their tricks when it came to negotiating plea-bargains. Just doing some paperwork toward for a trial gets the accusations out in public (effectively a life-ruiner when it comes to any kind of sex crime), even it it isn't actually prosecutable.
So if you plead guilty to some unprovable misdemeanor that wouldn't have otherwise gone to trial (and _everyone_ is guilty of at least one that nobody knows about!), he walks off with a better score for when he runs as local judge...
Nasty stuff, especially with an incompetent DA.
He later got some of my friends to bargain for a debatable (hard to prove) MIP by suggesting that the trial could be for assault of a policeman, because it was his word against theirs...

So understandably I'm a little paranoid. I keep most things encrypted, and stay ready to DELETE FUCKING EVERYTHING at the first sign of trouble.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 01:11:13 AM by altereggo »

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #262 on: January 22, 2010, 02:01:32 AM »
I noticed the big boobs and abnormally large boobs with some of my early girls. I made abnormal 1% and large common for one of them. I assumed if she had abnormal it'd over-write large but I suppose not. It's a quick fix. But I like the idea of the off chance of her having the abnormal trait. Oh well.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline zartog

« Reply #263 on: January 22, 2010, 03:41:54 AM »
This has probably been mentioned, but i noticed the random gang names are sometimes the same.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #264 on: January 22, 2010, 06:16:58 AM »
I had just noticed that auto-aging, and was trying to figure it out.
I have to say, I wish the minimum age was a changeable value, as 17 just doesn't cut it in the US--it has the same legal implications as 12.
"1 year aging potions" don't really do the trick, and thanks to the moral panic in the states, it's just the kind of crap some publicity-seeking hick prosecutor would go for if a drug bust came up empty...
Well, I'd be willing to make the age changeable upwards, so long as everyone's clear that changing it downwards is not going to be an option.

I'd also quite like to see the loli girls in a separate pack as well. Purely from a legal viewpoint, I'd be happier if they weren't part of the default distribution.

Offline Sigfried666

« Reply #265 on: January 22, 2010, 07:40:26 AM »
This has probably been mentioned, but i noticed the random gang names are sometimes the same.

You got more than one gango with the same name on the same game, having two gangs with the same name working under you at the same time?
Just as with the random girls, there is a limit to how many different names one can put in the pool to be chosen from.

Offline kalngor

« Reply #266 on: January 22, 2010, 07:44:02 AM »
I have had bugs with additional brothels:
-the naming of every brothel beyond the second - everytime, it is the second brothel that is renamed, I have got around it by modifying the save file directly.
-I have had, once, a bug when I bought the sixth brothel:
1. It did not check the conditions (I could buy it the same turn I bought the fifth, with only 140 businesses)
2. Instead of giving me the "real" sixth brothel, I had instead the image of the first brothel, the introduction to the city - in fact, it was as if the game had generated a sub instance of itself - when I clicked on "Quit", I went to my five previous brothels.

And now I've tried to reproduce it (after the reload), it lets me buy the 6th brothel (though I have only 141 businesses), and the 6th brothel behaves as expected, except that when I click it on the town map, it tells me that I should have 170 businesses and 25k gold to buy it.

Offline zartog

« Reply #267 on: January 22, 2010, 03:24:49 PM »
What i mean is that your rival's gangs are occasionaly copies of each other.  It was really bizzare, one game i had 3 different rival gangs named Southside lol.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #268 on: January 22, 2010, 03:41:45 PM »
OK, that's a bug that should be fixed in the next release. Basically the rival gang have two part names, like the Southside Goons, or the Antisocial Bastards. You've got three Southside Foo gangs, but there's a bug that means the  "Foo" part isn't displayed. So the gangs all appear the same.

It might not be a bad thing to make sure the first name is unique though. Three Southside gangs is a little unlikely. On the other hand, having the Northside, Southside and West Side Bastards in the same game would probably work (although be a sad reflection on the level of imagination displayed by Crossgate criminals)

Offline The Alpacalypse

« Reply #269 on: January 22, 2010, 09:34:36 PM »
Yes, but then that allows me to feel no remorse at crushing their pathetic asses (probably while mocking them the entire time, up to and including the moment where I order the execution of their leader).