devolution

Author Topic: need help with creating/editing girls  (Read 7038 times)

Offline fires_flair

need help with creating/editing girls
« on: January 30, 2010, 06:20:22 PM »
ok I have a few questions
first what type of image file formats/types are compatible with the game?
second if there's a missing number (say from deleting duplicates), or no number (just profile, or les, etc) will it still work?
also if I wanted to up load the files how do I get them ready to do so, and what upload/downloader should I use?
and last of all how do I turn custom girls into random and visversa?

edit:
first pack done. thanks you guys for the help  :)
here's a link to my pack.
I'm going to post  them in their own topic, with more extra pics for other girls. and with mostly fixed (or deleted) pics
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 03:31:48 AM by fires_flair »

Offline Graen

Re: need help with creating/editing girls
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 06:26:49 PM »
ok I have a few questions
first what type of image file formats/types are compatible with the game?
Right now, jpg files, with only .jpg extensions, not .jpeg

second if there's a missing number (say from deleting duplicates), or no number (just profile, or les, etc) will it still work?
If I recall correctly, If you have Les01, Les02, Les04... only Les01 and Les02 will show up.  If there are no files in the series, the default images will be used.

also if I wanted to up load the files how do I get them ready to do so, and what upload/downloader should I use?
  I'd recommend Megaupload.

and last of all how do I turn custom girls into random and visversa?

You'd have to recreate each girl in the editor to do that, as far as I know.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 06:44:28 PM »
I think the .jpeg thing was fixed, so such images should load (renaming them doesn't hurt, though).  I vaguely recall someone mentioning .png support, though I don't know if it is currently supported or will be in a future release.  Gifs are not supported, and I suspect that they won't be added any time soon, if ever.

Missing numbers are not a problem, as the only thing the game cares about is the type identifier at the start of the file name (ie anal, BDSM, les, sex, etc).  Anything that follows the identifier is completely ignored.  Anal 01.jpg and ANAL BUTTSEXXORZ976(2).jpg are treated exactly the same.  Most creators number the files, but it is not, strictly speaking, necessary.

If you want to take the images from a random girl and make a unique girl out of them, copy the image folder and rename it to whatever the name of the girl you are creating is (or just rename it if you don't plan on keeping the random girl).  Open the editor, navigate to the girl data tab, and fill in the information (as per the instructions in the walkthrough).  To change a unique girl into a random, do the opposite (copy/rename folder to girl type, create entry in the random girl tab of the editor).  If you don't want to use the previous version (either random or unique, whichever she was), open the .girlsx/.rgirlsx file which contains her data in the editor and delete her entry.

As far as posting girls goes, I prefer to use Mediafire myself, as it doesn't have any timers or captchas for downloaders to deal with (like Rapidshare and Megaupload do, among others).  You can also upload there without creating an account.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 07:31:07 PM »
Girl images need to be in jpg format ending in .jpg or .jpeg.

I also prefer mediafire for file hosting since they allow multiple downloads at the same time, the lack of captchas and the no signup account uploads are not lost quickly.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 08:50:51 PM »
thanks you guys!
so I just stumbled upon another question. what are the different types of pics we can have (like les, death, sex,)?
the one's i know of:
anal, bdsm, beast, death, group, les,pregnant, profile, sex

Offline Graen

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 09:23:38 PM »
You've got them all.  Supposedly you can use the Preg prefix in front of the other prefixes to make alternate images show up when the girl is pregnant, but I've not gotten that to work.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 09:28:15 PM »
oh, ok. thanks.
another question...
how do/can you upload multiple folders onto mediafire without having to up load them seperatly??

Offline Graen

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 09:39:31 PM »
Compress everything you want to upload into a .rar or .zip file and then upload that one file.

You can use WinRar, WinAce, WinZip or any other popular compression program.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 09:49:45 PM »
cool.
I'll do that next time :)
but I've already uploaded everything.
(a random girl, a custom and 2 pics for horny girl)
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=37e65a8da6e6c40ec79b87b207592a1c448c9d1d3e9f53b94d71ee60c1ce7296

Offline zodiac44

Re: need help with creating/editing girls (girl pack inside)
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 10:00:54 PM »
I suggest using 7-zip (http://7-zip.org/); it's free and generally gets better compression rates than either winzip, winrar, or winace.  In order to download them as you have them on mediafire, we have to download each and every image file separately unless we pay for an upgraded account; I recommend compressing the folders and reuploading.  Also, the pics you added for "Horny Girl" didn't get uploaded.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 10:11:43 PM »
ok.  thanks for letting me know
here's the zipped files if anyone want them
http://www.mediafire.com/?2mm5ytftwmm

same thing, as i said in my op
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 03:34:52 AM by fires_flair »

Offline Graen

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 10:18:14 PM »
I suggest using 7-zip (http://7-zip.org/); it's free and generally gets better compression rates than either winzip, winrar, or winace.

I huggles 7zip, but unfortunately not a lot of people use it. :(

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 12:15:38 AM »
If you don't mind a bit of constructive criticism, I would suggest that in the future you aim for larger images, as the small ones don't work too well in game.  Also, I would put a warning on any packs that contain futas or guys taking it up the butt (I don't know which it is in the case of the group2.jpg in the blondie folder).  That kind of content tends to be outside what most players expect to see, IMO, so a warning may be in order so they can remove the pics if they want.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 02:53:45 AM »
I welcome critisism....and I'm working on finding all the images 'cause I was lazy when I originally created the pack (I also didn't realize they'd display so blurry.). I have most of the unique dome and some of blondie corrected. (and a few new ones I missed)