devolution

Author Topic: <-- Archived --> -PyTFall- Communication and Repository Information  (Read 39408 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: -PyTFall- Communication and Repository Information
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 05:49:25 AM »
So, I made my first push. Let me know if I messed something  :)

My own commit is not ready, I try to avoid committing broken code (not just pushing it). So, later today :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 06:25:31 PM »
Evening, folks.

The only reason I'm posting here is because it directly pertains to the downloading, syncing. etc

I haven't checked in for a couple months so I went ahead and re-downloaded everything.

The only issues I had were:

Naruto: https://mega.co.nz/#!egI2XJwY!VVYXNXEI7b7JiJj03AGSaHPGiIAm2RtG0w69trXSdu0

This file took about 5 minutes to start, and then went at 100-200ish. I had to restart it a couple times, maybe a mega server issue? unknown

Soukou Akki Muramasa:
https://mega.co.nz/#!6x4QgYzB!cLvy3g09Hx4c7FEfEnR43HH1u4IhIqPAYJGNBURfEcE

Not sure what's up with this one. It also took 5 minutes to start, but it's still downloading as I type this.
note, all other downloads started and finished whilst I waited for this. It's currently rolling at 7.5kbps

and finally

One Piece: https://mega.co.nz/#!65xATASB!HdOH2g5mFebRGv0shS3TwSNJtSA5fcMj0QO3ZuOue8M

getting the not here, or taken down notice. Not sure which but the one piece link is down.

All other downloads started instantly. and ran at 1.5 and would accelerate to 3.2 mbps over a dozen seconds or so.

____

I was able to sync just fine after I figured out how to use merc. So that was all good. But it did take me a couple tries before it took alice.

and then for some reason there's a data.xml~ file and a data.xml file for naruto. Apparently the game also needs hinata. so I switched the names (the data.xml~ had her, but the other did not?) and it seemed to load properly

But I've got to say. all in all:

It's looking really really reeeeeeeally good. I almost don't recognize it from october 2013 time frame.

Great job, everyone.

Cheers, Xela.

P.s. forgive whatever typing issues I may have in this post. I just got PRK eye surgery and my vision is going in and out. haha.

This could be the end ...

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 09:17:40 AM »
Don't have any problems with Soukou Akki Muramasa. No idea where you found that link to One Piece. I assume you still have access to shared dropbox, so you can find the real link in my folder.
As for Naruto, currently I cannot download it myself. It may be a temporary problem at Mega servers, if not, I will upload it again.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 10:00:04 AM »

I would not know how to improve things with mega, there is no order to what's working fast/slow when/why. There is a good chance that all links you've mentioned will work @ 3MB/s tomorrow.

Otherwise, thanks for your assessment of things, we're trying to slowly improve/advance various elements on the game :)

I just got PRK eye surgery and my vision is going in and out.

Speedy recovery!

=====
Don't have any problems with Soukou Akki Muramasa. No idea where you found that link to One Piece. I assume you still have access to shared dropbox, so you can find the real link in my folder.
As for Naruto, currently I cannot download it myself. It may be a temporary problem at Mega servers, if not, I will upload it again.

Yeap, I didn't remove everyone from the DB folder yet, either to busy with the code or with rl to mess with the access list.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2014, 11:17:13 AM »
Well, I cannot download big files from Mega today at all. Guess we'll have to change file hosting, google is full of "mega.co.nz temporary error retrying" matches.

Upd. That's is, I'm tired of Mega. I bought 100GB for my db account for two month, if there won't be any troubles during this time, I'll make it my main hosting.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2014, 12:13:08 PM »
Well, I cannot download big files from Mega today at all. Guess we'll have to change file hosting, google is full of "mega.co.nz temporary error retrying" matches.

Upd. That's is, I'm tired of Mega. I bought 100GB for my db account for two month, if there won't be any troubles during this time, I'll make it my main hosting.

There are some other options as well... I have +60 GB on DB for another year from buying a smartphone but I am not 100% sure how either that or paid account will handle the traffic. I still favor Mega and Torrent for the release unless mega fails to solve their issues.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2014, 12:35:52 PM »
Well, I use db since Eliont asked us to use his referals for additional space, and never had any issues with it, except their client crashes sometimes (but you don't lose anything during it).
Their speed it not perfect sometimes too, but at least they do not refuse in downloading/uploading, unlike Mega.

Torrent is a good solution, but I cannot keep my pc turned on 24/7. If you can, be my guest and seed my packs as well :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2014, 01:03:12 PM »
Torrent is a good solution, but I cannot keep my pc turned on 24/7. If you can, be my guest and seed my packs as well :)

I've distributed WM packs on torrent and seeded crazy's packs as well. Should work out if others help out a bit as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Magician

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2014, 03:54:55 AM »
Tried DLing everything with the hopes that once I take a peek I'll be inspired to write up some of the missing texts if you'll allow me to participate.

Got the following error. Looks like the code considers the links text file a directory. Am I supposed to DL each link and place the contents under game\content\chars\girls (where this file exists) and then delete the file before starting the project in RenPy? I'm using Win 7 if that makes a difference.

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While executing init code:
  File "game/library/classes - tags.rpy", line 3, in script
  File "game/library/classes - tags.rpy", line 256, in python
WindowsError: [Error 267] The directory name is invalid: u'C:\\RenPy\\renpy-6.17.3-sdk\\PytFall\\game\\content\\chars\\Girls\\links.txt\\*.*'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\RenPy\renpy-6.17.3-sdk\renpy\execution.py", line 294, in run
    node.execute()
  File "C:\RenPy\renpy-6.17.3-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 732, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\RenPy\renpy-6.17.3-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1358, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/library/classes - tags.rpy", line 256, in <module>
    elif "tags.json" in os.listdir(os.path.join(gamedir, "content", "chars", folder, girlfolder)):
WindowsError: [Error 267] The directory name is invalid: u'C:\\RenPy\\renpy-6.17.3-sdk\\PytFall\\game\\content\\chars\\Girls\\links.txt\\*.*'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.17.3.327
PytFall 0.38"
"A man chooses; A slave obeys." -BioShock

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2014, 04:34:59 AM »
Example of chars folder
C:\RenPy\Pyrfall\game\content\chars\Ar_tonelico

Example of rchars folder
C:\RenPy\Pyrfall\game\content\rchars\random\2k_tan

That's how it should look more or less.

Offline Magician

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2014, 04:44:41 AM »
Wow. I can see why it's not working then, but not how to fix it. I don't have anything like that.

The latest DL pack URL is random's jsons, unique's xmls and a links.txt file, all under a girls directory (that, according to the directions, ends up under the chars directory).

Where should I be getting all of the stuff that's supposed to be in the chars folder if not by following the directions in the first post?
"A man chooses; A slave obeys." -BioShock

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2014, 04:51:53 AM »
You should download at least some packs from links.txt. All data files for them are already in that archive where links.txt located.
Then you should arrange them according to my examples it the game's directory.

Offline jussi111

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2014, 08:15:53 AM »
hello to all  ;)

1 problem when i try go buying some girls from slavemarket and after clicking shop button i got this error :

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/locations/pyt - screens - slavemarket.rpy", line 106, in script
  File "game/library/screens/locations/pyt - screens - slavemarket.rpy", line 106, in python
  File "game/library/initialization.rpy", line 148, in python
IOError: Couldn't find file ''.

problem is kishimoto kei girl but no idea how to fix it ........... damn noob me lol
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 09:18:49 AM by jussi111 »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2014, 03:56:23 PM »
Girls have to be in content/chars/name_of_origin/name_of_girl folder. It will fix it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Tweaker69

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 02:19:37 PM »
It seems that the links in DarkTl's links.txt are dead. Naruto, Soul Eater, One Piece, Xenosaga, Persona, and Both SAO's returned "The file you are trying to download is no longer available" messages. I'm assuming the rest are also dead, but these are the ones I personally checked before giving up.

I'll try to find a girlspack somewhere else so I can actually (hopefully) check out the latest build

*Edit- Seems the links in DarkTl's own thread may be working, just not the ones included in his Dropbox file which the OP links to
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 02:24:06 PM by Tweaker69 »