Author Topic: <-- Archived --> (Battle Engine and Combat)  (Read 118607 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: Battle Engine and Combat
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2014, 02:00:59 AM »
We should improve tag system to finalize packs. And that requires ST.
One of the main goals for BE/EE is to capture rmgs. It's useless without ST of some kind.
Modding is pretty simple, we do have third party girls, MCs and even items, despite the alpha stage.

A new project... I don't know, we are not that far with the current one to start it.

So far we have slaves only because other games have them. We don't have any infrastructure for them at all, they just exist. Maybe we should drop the idea, at least for now. Even without enslavement things like mind control for everyone or dungeons for rmgs still could be used.
Actually, there is mind control in wm, but very incomplete and useless on the background of free and simple enslavement.

Aaaaand I ask again. I cannot find Eliont's blog anymore. Did he terminate his project?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2014, 03:57:39 AM »
We should improve tag system to finalize packs. And that requires ST.

It doesn't, we cannot finalize all packs but we can develop new tag logic. CW already has some really good ideas in that department.

Two problems we can solve right now:
- Make tagging more intuitive and easier to explain
- Reduce insane amount of database requests due to exclusion (add a number of single tags that exclude a lot)
- Make sure the system is user(coder)-friendly

Just one or two packs would have to be retagged at first to see how all of that works out. Only afterwards we'll add ST required tags and finalize the packs.

One of the main goals for BE/EE is to capture rmgs. It's useless without ST of some kind.

One and ST can be made simple temporarily (leaving the girl to train with Blue for a couple of weeks for example).

Modding is pretty simple, we do have third party girls, MCs and even items, despite the alpha stage.

Yeap but it's not explained anywhere and modding capabilities go far beyond that.

A new project... I don't know, we are not that far with the current one to start it.

If you remember at the start we wanted to make a simple simbro remake and then create a new game drawing from that experience. That was abandoned as we decided to slowly morph the game into a more complex version of itself. Maybe that was not the way to go?

Aaaaand I ask again. I cannot find Eliont's blog anymore. Did he terminate his project?

Elionts blog was shut down for content violation of some form I think, last version was blogged to otaku only.

Yeap, maybe finalizing/improving some stuff would be a better bet for now.

Some things left undone:

- Improved version of tagging system
- Taxes are too unbalanced
- Next Day reports got to be summarized and prioritized
- Arena progression needs to matter more
- More content is required
- Girlsmeets need to be finished (and rebalanced)
- Items gotta be rebalanced (to account for the new stats system)
- Mobs alignment needs to be revealed in bestiary
- Info on teams should be available by paying off a "stat-keeper" (I am thinking Kabuto NPC)
- There are still a couple of smaller bugs left
- Difficulties should be added
- More interactions
- More difference between Free/Slave
- Shelter/Food for girls
- Quests and Tasks

================
Prolly more...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2014, 04:11:08 AM »
Well, ST is required for a simbro remake anyway, while we can live without in a more complex game.

Basically, we don't know how to make ST, up to the point that the project has stopped. Meaning that we should drop it and/or replace by mind control (MiC) or simple wm-like dungeons.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2014, 04:44:17 AM »
As majority of my work was always related to just adding girlpacks somehow, my personal preferences of what i would like are:

- tags (so we can redo the packs to ok state and make guides)
- more BE skill types (like weakness, poison, bodyguarding, stronger on 50% hp etc.... to allow creating more interesting arena teams)

Can't say much about ST, as I only played SM3 or simpler games oriented on one or very few girls and I don't have any idea what that should be in game with a lot of girls to manage.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2014, 12:43:38 PM »
SimBro didn't really have ST, did it?

It's not that we don't know how to make it, it's that game is becoming more and more imbalanced with every module, we need to determine prices/costs/rewards and etc. In a document form first. I was really hoping that someone other than me will do it :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2014, 01:12:25 PM »
Remakes are supposed to be more advanced. Otherwise they are the same thing with a new gui.

We don't have a concept for ST, only ideas from other games. I'd say that means that we don't know how to make it. Really, I have my own ideas for pretty much any system except ST.

Moreover, since you want to fix balance, slaves create major balance issues. Just like in wm, they are much more profitable than free ones, and if we try to compensate it somehow (upkeep for example), it becomes very illogical. I guess that's why other games focus on one or another, while wm was never properly finished.

In our case it's not easy to get free girls, so slaves are even better than in wm.

We could replace ST with just a dungeon though. All girls are free, but if you want to play as an evil character, MC and his guards could beat someone and lock her in a dungeon and, well, do ST, except the girl will never be a slave, just hopelessly broken or dead if you do it wrong. Maybe with additional fear stat or something. And the law won't be on MC's side as well, etc.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 01:14:44 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2014, 01:28:32 PM »
Remakes are supposed to be more advanced. Otherwise they are the same thing with a new gui.

We don't have a concept for ST, only ideas from other games. I'd say that means that we don't know how to make it. Really, I have my own ideas for pretty much any system except ST.

Moreover, since you want to fix balance, slaves create major balance issues. Just like in wm, they are much more profitable than free ones, and if we try to compensate it somehow (upkeep for example), it becomes very illogical. I guess that's why other games focus on one or another, while wm was never properly finished.

In our case it's not easy to get free girls, so slaves are even better than in wm.

We could replace ST with just a dungeon though. All girls are free, but if you want to play as an evil character, MC and his guards could beat someone and lock her in a dungeon and, well, do ST, except the girl will never be a slave, just hopelessly broken or dead if you do it wrong. Maybe with additional fear stat or something. And the law won't be on MC's side as well, etc.

Instead of completely removing the slaves or stay with just upkeep you could try to either limit the slaves learning or how fast they learn. For instance a free girl learn 1x per turn in school, but a slave 0.5x per turn. That sort of thing.
Upkeep for slaves should be about the same for even one, but with taxes you could give it a slave tax which is a extra % of the earn money.

That way the player must decide if he want's cheap labor that doesn't earn much at least in the first while and a big part of the earnings goes to taxes, cost, ect.

Of course the dungeon part can add to find free people in a different way than the normal meet and greet.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2014, 11:11:16 AM »
It doesn't solve the main problem: lack of clear concept. If you have one in mind, feel free to share.

Meanwhile I propose to create a dungeon with some of Valet's options for a start, deal with tags once and for all and heavily improve Next Day reports. You could disable taxes for now, I guess.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2014, 05:11:19 AM »
Next day reports could be recoded I guess, one summary screen, class instead of a list and better handling.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2014, 09:50:12 AM »
I could try to determine prices and other balance stuff in a document form. The thing is that slaves are already there, they are part of balance and a major balance issue too.
Until we either dismiss slavery or create a complex enough micromanagement and psychology simulation for them, while free girls will be free of it. In other words, ST.

Anyway, as long as we have progress, anything is fine. Otherwise, the project will be dead before long.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2014, 12:59:34 PM »
I could try to determine prices and other balance stuff in a document form. The thing is that slaves are already there, they are part of balance and a major balance issue too.
Until we either dismiss slavery or create a complex enough micromanagement and psychology simulation for them, while free girls will be free of it. In other words, ST.

Well, try. It definitely wouldn't hurt, I'll see if I can put in some time into next day screens tomorrow.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2014, 05:43:30 PM »

Anyway, as long as we have progress, anything is fine. Otherwise, the project will be dead before long.

Personally i think if you add ST you are changing the game from a management kind of game to more micro management game.. and managing every slave is probably not something you want done.

In WM you have the dungeon to make them behave or brand, but that's about it. Not a lot of micromanagement. If you go a route where you micromanage every slave ... it will be hours before you can switch one day.

A better idea would probably be have the slaves earn less but increase the amount with skill and happyness.
In the end if the slave is very happy and skilled she can earn as much as a free girl doing the same.

That way you avoid the big time micromanagement but still make a difference.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2014, 03:10:45 AM »
Too bad Eliont doesn't make his game in English. He could use futanaripalace or even our forum then.

In WM you have the dungeon to make them behave or brand, but that's about it. Not a lot of micromanagement. If you go a route where you micromanage every slave ... it will be hours before you can switch one day.
If we consider ST as a full-fledged alternative to brothels, then it should have about the same amount of micromanagement and profit, or at least proportional.
Also there will be a new occupation for slave trainers, thus maybe trainers should work with average slaves, while MC could concentrate on elite ones.

Offline Xipomus

« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2014, 03:42:45 PM »
Too bad Eliont doesn't make his game in English. He could use futanaripalace or even our forum then.
If we consider ST as a full-fledged alternative to brothels, then it should have about the same amount of micromanagement and profit, or at least proportional.
Also there will be a new occupation for slave trainers, thus maybe trainers should work with average slaves, while MC could concentrate on elite ones.

That's the question do you want a fully fledged alternative or just a way to make slaves behave.. or even capture girls and train to be obedient to you, without the mark, so you have to do put some effort before you can use a captured girl.
Same with slaves that ignore you commands. Girls that are free require you to be stronger then them to send to the dungeon.

But never the less. Let's first focus on fixing and tuning the current stuff in the game. That way it will be more playable and then we can focus on adding new stuff.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2014, 02:29:26 AM »
Since brothels will be optional part of the game, ST should be a fully fledged alternative indeed. I personally like the idea when you don't have to use brothels to play.