devolution

Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Beta  (Read 169567 times)

Offline qinlongfei

Re: Bugs: 1.30 Beta
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2010, 12:02:48 AM »
Not sure if someone mentioned this... but in r452, when you click turn summary, all the events are gone.

My bad, I tried again and this time the events loaded fine, not too sure what caused the first problem. Also the random girl's description is still not right, but that's only a minor problem anyways.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 12:34:18 AM by qinlongfei »

Offline d31r3x

• Town Wards Martyr.
« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2010, 04:42:02 AM »
Version r452, OS Windows 7x64.
3 times crash on choice "Your in the town of Crossgate" in special event.

Yes, same thing happened to me several times (1.30 Beta r452, winXP x86). Could be Cammy script.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2010, 04:48:31 AM »
Or the Chun Li one which uses the lua events. Can you try a Test game with only Chun Li in the girlsx file and take a walk in town. If it goes boom, we'll know. You could do the same thing with Cammy for comparison.

Damned if I know how we'll debug it if so, mind, but let's confirm the diagnosis first.

Offline halforc

« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2010, 12:27:40 PM »
Update: 2 times crash ScriptEdit.exe on load MeetGirl.script from CammyWhite directory...
Other Scripts loaded normally.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 12:43:13 PM by halforc »

Offline Bluebeholder

« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2010, 10:58:54 PM »
I just noticed that when I manually buy Anti-Preg Potions they're free.  (Using 1.30.2 beta)

Offline qinlongfei

« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2010, 03:50:55 AM »
Again not too sure if someone mentioned this... But auto purchase for Heal Potion for the gang doesn't seems to work. I have to manually purchase Heal Potion eventhough I check marked auto purchase.

Also I had many occasion when my fully maxed and fully stuffed gang gets wiped out in a single Grand Theft mission. It says they lost 8 men and all of them died out, but I should have 7 left since there are 15 men.

Not too sure what might caused this, but I do think in such occasion I had a few gangs with less then 8 members if this helps...

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2010, 04:18:48 AM »
Yeah, I noticed that. I think it's a side effect from a previous attempt of mine to fix the girl vs gang thing. I'll try and take a look at that tonight. If nothing else, the new girl/gang code should solve the problem.

Offline d31r3x

• Town Wards Martyr.
« Reply #97 on: July 06, 2010, 06:18:54 AM »
Or the Chun Li one which uses the lua events. Can you try a Test game with only Chun Li in the girlsx file and take a walk in town. If it goes boom, we'll know. You could do the same thing with Cammy for comparison.

Damned if I know how we'll debug it if so, mind, but let's confirm the diagnosis first.

Didn't try a test game yet, but the fact is that I got Chun-Li (and other girls, of course) walking around town -but didn't get Cammy yet and had several crashes with the 'you're in Crossgate' line while Chun-Li working in brothel. Since I don't have the 'duped girls' bug (I know, I know, it is not a bug), Cammy is the main suspect.

On the other hand, I have lots of stuff in the girlsx file, so I'll try a test game with Cammy and other with Chun-Li and report my findings.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2010, 06:39:33 AM »
interesting ... if it is Cammy that might mean that I intrduced a bug in making the GameScrpt and Lua files co-exist

Does the dungeon interaction script run ok for you? If it is the script handling, I'd expect that to blow up as well.

[edit]

On a different subject - I reported an infinite loop in cGirls::IsAnimatedSurface a while ago? Well the diagnostic I added is reporting that it's getting image type 15, which I think is none existent. (it'd be one of the pregnant ones otherwise).

It seems to happen if the image for a girl is not found - I'm getting this quite a bit when  the file is missing the leading capital (case sensitive filenames on Linux) but I'm still not sure why I'm getting the value that I am.

One fix is to modify the picture search mechanism so it ignores case, and I might do that, at least on the Linux side of the code. Don't need to do it for windows, of course. But we should probably handle missing files without a crash...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 12:38:51 PM by DocClox »

Offline d31r3x

• Town Wards Martyr.
« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2010, 07:30:36 AM »
More info on possible Cammy script bug:
I came to a point when it seems that Cammy was the only unique 'free' girl available, then got the special dialogue every time I went walking around town. And, every time, crash on line "you're in Crossgate". Since then, I didn't even bother walking around town again.
Then I started kidnapping girls, because of a mission. And there comes the good stuff: my goons were able to kidnap Cammy. Guess what happened next? I walked around town and managed to get a random girl (bug no more?). Rinse and repeat the next turn, got another random girl.
Since you've told me about dungeon scripts, I tested dungeon scripts: torture, ok. Allow food / starve, ok. Brand slave, ok. Release / R all girls, ok. It seems everything works. From interaction menu, torturing / chatting / asking seems they work well too.

I muddled up a bit with the editor while trying to make a fresh test game with Cammy alone, but I hope I'll got it done and tested this evening.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2010, 12:55:49 PM »
Let me see what I can do with the cammy bug.

Offline d31r3x

• Town Wards Martyr.
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2010, 02:39:16 PM »
Thanks, delta224.

P.D. Just finished testing a fresh game (beta 1.30 r452) with only Cammy in the girlsx file. Encounter in town always end crashing in the mentioned line.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2010, 04:21:12 PM »
I need to do some more tests, but I have an idea of why we are having the crash. I also need to check a few things as well.

goes and sees if it will crash in vs 2008.

edit
-- Found the cause, the script file is corrupt, apply attached script file to cammie's folder to fix.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 07:06:15 PM by delta224 »

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »
Since I've been out of the loop and the bug tracker has not been updated in a while, can I get a list of the more dire bugs.

Offline crazy

« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2010, 10:03:22 PM »
Since I've been out of the loop and the bug tracker has not been updated in a while, can I get a list of the more dire bugs.
The game is rather bug free right now from what i can tell..  dagoth has a list of bugs somewhere maybe you can get it from him.  If your really looking for something to do theres always working on adding movies back into the game lol..  But welcome back sorry i can't be more help.