devolution

Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Beta  (Read 169511 times)

Offline TheEcchiSessha

Re: Bugs: 1.30 Beta
« Reply #135 on: July 14, 2010, 01:37:26 PM »

I see the same traits are repeating from the first (correct) list and the second. I'm not sure where that second list is coming from. My only thought offhand is that it might be the list of "remembered traits", but if that were so it wouldn't/shouldn't list the same traits. Hmm.

Do you remember doing anything before this problem started happening, like giving items which give traits, torturing to give traits, or anything like that?
For that matter, is anyone else having problems like that with girls who have a lot of traits? I remember fixing a problem where anything over 30 traits would corrupt the save file, but I thought that particular problem is fixed. It was specifically with 31+ traits though, no less.

I was testing out several things to try to find out what was making it bug. So I created a "Misc" item to give like 20 or so traits. I'll keep testing to see if there is anything else that I was doing to cause it.

Meet girls in town script seems to have stopped functioning completely   after editting the config file via the editor for some reason, although   Chun-Li seems to work very, very rarely. Didn't change anything I can   see that would cause it however.

Open your config file in Resources/Data as a notepad and and type

GirlMeet        = "30"

directly under the gold modifier. It should look something like this, in a fresh config file.

<Initial
           Gold                           = "4000"
           GirlMeet                      = "30"
           SlaveHousePerc            = "100"
/>

The current editor 0.68b will erase certain parts of the config file.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 01:40:14 PM by TheEcchiSessha »

Offline Sorren

« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2010, 01:41:08 PM »
Heh my thanks, I was finding it irksome on some of my test runs through the game under different conditions without being able to actually find a girl in town.

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2010, 02:52:09 PM »
Yeah it is annoying and I wonder when the next editor update will come out
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2010, 04:22:50 PM »
Yeah it is annoying and I wonder when the next editor update will come out

Solo said he doesn't plan on working on it anymore, which is why he released the source code so that someone else could.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline FurryFanatic

« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2010, 05:13:31 PM »
I too have started getting girls that have a constant 0 as their libido.  I've tried items and resting them for weeks, but it never go back into the positive range. Gonna try to start a new game and see if I can keep it at a constant level with a specially made item.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2010, 12:38:48 AM »
I too have started getting girls that have a constant 0 as their libido.  I've tried items and resting them for weeks, but it never go back into the positive range. Gonna try to start a new game and see if I can keep it at a constant level with a specially made item.

Can you post the savegame along with an indication of which girl(s) it is?

Offline 11Z11

« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2010, 06:09:17 AM »
2 errors to report,they both have to do with jobs
I set alena as a stripper then as a masseuse and nothing,the game ignores my choice and sets her up as a whore,she seems to be perhaps 1 of 2 girls having problems, the other who had the same problem was cecile croomy

2ND problem is sometimes in the girls turn summary i get a pic with and there is no text...also there were some errors in my log file(Same error/s repeated over and over)
ERROR - Loading Image '.\Resources\Buttons\'
CSurface LoadImage loadedImage error with filename: .\Resources\Buttons\
Couldn't open .\Resources\Buttons\
ERROR - Loading Image '.\Resources\Buttons\'
CSurface LoadImage loadedImage error with filename: .\Resources\Buttons\

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #142 on: July 16, 2010, 06:16:43 AM »
Some jobs are just stubs and are just redirected to other jobs behind the scenes. They're on my todo list.

Are you sure this is girl specific?

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2010, 11:39:27 PM »
I think this may have been mentioned before, but in case it wasn't.

Malformed XML bug. If you screw up the config file and forget a double quotation, the game will run as normal but fonts will be borked. Obviously fixing the config file fixes the problem.

Just encountered this and wanted to share in case someone has a problem with their fonts.
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2010, 02:18:37 AM »
Malformed XML bug. If you screw up the config file and forget a double quotation, the game will run as normal but fonts will be borked. Obviously fixing the config file fixes the problem.

I'll double check the cxonfig XML error reporting, then. I seems it's not logging errors when they are encountered.

Could do with a fatal error popup at some point as well.

[edit]

My recruit rate for gangs seems to have gone from 2 to 4. Is that a deliberate change that I didn't notice, or just a bug?

[edit]

I'm still seeing crashes when I use the "g" hotkey to go to the girls screen. I've fixed a couple of cases where this happened, but I'm still seeing it. Everytime I think it's safe to put the debugger away ...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 06:34:00 AM by DocClox »

Offline 11Z11

« Reply #145 on: July 17, 2010, 09:23:24 PM »
It always seemed to happen with alena...but i guess I could test for an answer.....

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #146 on: July 18, 2010, 01:35:34 AM »
More on the girl management crash - it seems that you can go to the screen with selected_girl pointing at garbage. I'm guessing the sGirl struct has been freed.

Tricky to kludge  this one, since I can't just test for zero.

[edit]

Prior to the crash, I'd sent my lead girl to the dungeon to be branded, and sold off a large number of slave girls in the dungeon.  Neither of these is enough to replicate the problem
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 01:37:52 AM by DocClox »

Offline 11Z11

« Reply #147 on: July 18, 2010, 02:54:33 PM »
It seems the problem with jobs that i mentioned above has to do with jobs during the day only jobs that do work like stripper and masseuse seem to work fine at night....
EDIT: It seems to be random wither the jobs will work or not...some night just did not work last turn...but it happens more often i think basically all the time during the day jobs.
Also,it's seems that i can advertise but out of 280 people visiting the brothel maybe 8-11 actually wanted the whore's services and usually only my star girl get many customers....other are lucky if they get 2....so i'm just gonna stop doing it and save the 270$ it's costing me as there is no benefit
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 03:55:28 PM by 11Z11 »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #148 on: July 18, 2010, 04:07:43 PM »
Well, I looked at the stripper/masseuse code and can't see anything much amiss. I know that the bar jobs are purely random, but the brothel ones should work as advertised.

On the bright side, I committed a fix today to get rid of the CSurface error which clogs up my log file too, so that much is taken care of.

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #149 on: July 18, 2010, 05:37:34 PM »
More of a balance issue then a bug. I received a reward of 127K plus gold for completing a task. (Not even sure what the task was.) That seems a little excessive. Especially since I was 10 weeks into a new game and was working my way out of negatives. 
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls