devolution

Author Topic: Bugs: 1.30 Beta  (Read 169586 times)

Offline Ringring

Re: Bugs: 1.30 Beta
« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2010, 02:38:20 PM »
That downloadable dll thing does not seem to have my windows' language as option (I have bad experience installing English language microsoft stuff in my not-so-common language windows). Or does it work?

Just in case, are those dlls available in some other (bigger) package, which also supports more languages, like .net framework 4 or something?

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2010, 03:49:47 PM »
It should work the same for any language.

Offline Ringring

« Reply #167 on: July 24, 2010, 04:30:06 PM »
Seems to be working! (Goes to order some chicks to explore dungeons >:)

Offline 11Z11

« Reply #168 on: July 24, 2010, 07:13:08 PM »
Dagoth: It seems with the update that girls now ignore the banned practices and when they train they for instance,now gain lesbian points when before they would not train in what I banned.
Oh and the inaccurate calculation of income is still a problem....hope you guys fix it soon...I don't mind some glitches but this really takes the fun out for me

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: July 24, 2010, 07:58:20 PM »
Dagoth: It seems with the update that girls now ignore the banned practices and when they train they for instance,now gain lesbian points when before they would not train in what I banned.

Are you just saying they train in sex types you have disabled for the brothel? If so, it has indeed always worked that way; nothing changed. The brothel's disabled sex types only apply to the type of whoring jobs that are allowed. That's a valid suggestion, though.

Oh and the inaccurate calculation of income is still a problem....hope you guys fix it soon...I don't mind some glitches but this really takes the fun out for me

That one's on the "eventual" list. It will be quite involved, and probably entail an overhaul of how income and expenses are reported in the turn summary to better track what's actually going on.

Offline TheEcchiSessha

« Reply #170 on: July 24, 2010, 09:07:25 PM »
Messing with beta r485

There seems to be some errors with loading the game and saving the game now.

You get an error when starting a new game that says:

ERROR in Cgirls::LoadGirls: Trait ' ' from girl template (3 odd symbols here)<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> doesn't exist or spelled incorrectly.

Also when you try to save and reload. The game hangs for a few moments when loading and your brothel name is an error message.

~TheEcchiSessha

Offline 11Z11

« Reply #171 on: July 25, 2010, 01:50:11 AM »
Really?I thought  that them not training  in what i banned was a feature as i'd not seen them get points in those areas....further proof can be seen in their stats as those areas i banned are not really developed at all....though i guess that could be a reason for that....

Also been wondering why there is no withdraw all button in the bank...yeah sometimes i feel lazy and don't want type in an ammount.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 01:55:08 AM by 11Z11 »

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #172 on: July 25, 2010, 10:01:43 AM »
Messing with beta r485

There seems to be some errors with loading the game and saving the game now.

You get an error when starting a new game that says:

Also when you try to save and reload. The game hangs for a few moments when loading and your brothel name is an error message.

~TheEcchiSessha

The core game works fine with no such errors. Having looked up the error message you gave, it's given by the old legacy non-XML ".girls" loading code from before we switched to using ".girlsx" XML format files. Sounds like you misnamed a file there and are missing the "x" off the end.

Really?I thought  that them not training  in what i banned was a feature as i'd not seen them get points in those areas....further proof can be seen in their stats as those areas i banned are not really developed at all....though i guess that could be a reason for that....

Such functionality has never been in the game, having worked quite a bit on the training code myself to get it working correctly a little while back. Girls should generally learn whatever the others they're training with are better at, though, so maybe that's what you were seeing.

Also been wondering why there is no withdraw all button in the bank...yeah sometimes i feel lazy and don't want type in an ammount.

Once the bank becomes more useful, that might be added.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #173 on: July 25, 2010, 10:17:01 AM »
Such functionality has never been in the game, having worked quite a bit on the training code myself to get it working correctly a little while back. Girls should generally learn whatever the others they're training with are better at, though, so maybe that's what you were seeing.

Girls learn a lot from experience. More than training, really. The reason that banned skills are not progressing is probably because the girls are not using them when whoring.

Offline Nalkyr Maloth

« Reply #174 on: July 26, 2010, 01:31:25 AM »
The new editor (0.6.9) gives an error when trying to save a unique girl list. As soon as you press save it gives a warning about a separator missing. Saving for the randoms and for the config works fine.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2010, 02:22:04 AM »
The new editor (0.6.9) gives an error when trying to save a unique girl list. As soon as you press save it gives a warning about a separator missing. Saving for the randoms and for the config works fine.

Hmm, right you are. I only tested saving the config before considering it good to go, nothing more. For that matter, that's the only thing I changed in the source (the code to read and write XML values for config.xml specifically), so I'm not sure what went wrong. Well, to be nitpicky, I did also update the version number.
I'll play around with it and see what I can see in a bit.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #176 on: July 26, 2010, 02:48:51 AM »
OK, fixed it. Here is WMEdit 0.7.0:
http://www.mediafire.com/?x44fjpbjox3avmu

I updated the file type filter string which was causing that error to specify "*.girlsx", which took care of the problem. Probably a compatibility issue between the version of C# I'm using and the one Solo was using.

Offline megamanx

• I watch DBZ Abridged and give it three thumbs up
« Reply #177 on: July 26, 2010, 03:05:04 AM »
does this one fix the bug in the girls meet area as well or will we need to input that line after the edit
REST IN PIECE TOONAMI.
From beginning to the very end I was there. I will never forget.
Tom and the Absolution 1997-2008
A great Character and a funny host. You will live on forever in this.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: July 26, 2010, 08:36:29 AM »
does this one fix the bug in the girls meet area as well or will we need to input that line after the edit

It is indeed fixed, as the earlier changelog indicated. I didn't un-fix it, believe it or not.  ;)

EDIT:
No offense intended, but... It seems to me that the effort spent in posting such a question and the time taken to then receive an answer could as easily have been spent trying it out yourself and getting your answer much quicker. That way would also require no effort on anyone else's part to answer said question. Win-win.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 08:41:02 AM by Dagoth »

Offline sgb

« Reply #179 on: July 27, 2010, 07:30:41 PM »
Looks like some scripts broke in the new version.  For example, the opening 'story' script when starting a new game doesn't trigger now.