Author Topic: adding girl problem  (Read 4022 times)

Offline highx9

adding girl problem
« on: January 08, 2010, 12:33:57 PM »
ok, so ive made a girl and gathered  all the pics for her, foldered them on the characters folder, and she doesnt appears. I attach the .girls file and the folder with the pics, but i think ive done everything ok.

Note: ive found sometimes that, when I go kidnapping girls, the dungeon sometimes says a girl has died, without even appearing on the dungeon. maybe its a bug?

sorry for disturbing

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Re: adding girl problem
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 02:57:28 PM »
Attach a copy of the .girlsx file you made.  I'll take a look and see if anything got messed up in it.

In the meantime, make sure you have the following:
  • The .girlsx file should be in <Whore Master root directory>\Resources\Characters
  • The pics are in <Whore Master root directory>\Resources\Characters\<girl name>
  • The name for the folder <girl name> matches exactly the name you gave the girl in the editor
Example:

If you installed the game to C:\Program Files\Whore Master\ and created the girl "Flossy Anne" in the .girlsx file "New Girls.girlsx" then everything should be:
  • "New Girls.girlsx" is in C:\Program Files\Whore Master\Resources\Characters\
  • The pics for Flossy Anne are in C:\Program Files\Whore Master\Resources\Characters\Flossy Anne\
  • The name in "New Girls.girlsx" is spelled exactly the same way
If all of the above are true, and the girl still does not appear, try the following test.
  • Move all of the .girls, .girlsx, .rgirls, and .rgirlsx files from <Whore Master root directory>\Resources\Characters\ except for the one you just made to a backup directory.
  • Start a new game, with the brothel name "Test" (capitalization is important).  This enables the test mode where you have an unlimited amount of money and can use the "Take a walk" action an unlimited number of times per turn, each time will get you a "normal" (non-slave, non-catacombs) girl.
  • If the girl you designed was a "normal" girl, use the "Take a walk" action on the town screen.  Each time should get you one "normal" girl from the .girlsx file you created.  Repeat the action as often as necessary to collect all the normal girls from the file.
  • If the girl you designed was a slave, visit the slave market and buy all the girls there.  You may need to advance a number of turns to get all the slave girls (assuming there are many in the .girlsx file you created), but they all should show up there eventually.
  • If the girl was catacombs only, hire the maximum number of gangs and set them all to raiding the catacombs.  Eventually, they will retrieve all of the catacombs girls.
If the game crashes while doing this, you may need to move one of the .rgirlsx files back into the Characters folder, as there are times the game expects there to be random girls available and it will crash if they are not.

If you go through this process and you still haven't found the girl (and it turns out there is nothing wrong with the .girlsx file), there may be an as-yet unseen bug.

As far as girls dieing goes, there is a known bug in the converter from the old format .girls files to the new .girlsx that changes the starting health of the girls to 0 (dead) instead of 100, but I only know of two girls in the publicly available girl packs that are affected by the problem, both from the Megapack.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Vorpal

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 10:06:35 PM »
Start a new game, save, and then open the save file with a text editor. Search for your girl's name. If she's in there, then she will appear somewhere in the game. If she's not, then you've not installed her properly.

Offline highx9

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 11:27:45 AM »
ok, sorry for disturbing. I managed to fix it. thank you very much =)