devolution

Author Topic: How to add girls  (Read 103645 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: How to add girls
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2013, 10:26:15 AM »
if some girls are appearing in-game but without any pictures to accompany
It's most likely a typo either in the picture's folder name or inside girlsx.

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2013, 10:39:41 AM »
It's most likely a typo either in the picture's folder name or inside girlsx.

Or it means that you don't have a corresponding folder.  Which means:  Get to work putting one together, or download one of the lovely packs floating around.
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline brad

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2013, 04:15:35 AM »
Haha thanks guys :) i will start trawling through my packs and find the problem :/

Offline evilmonk

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2013, 02:55:24 AM »
My game hangs up and closes upon starting a new game. Is this a matter of adding too many girls to it or is there some sort of issue I can fix?  It only gives me an error as an Appcrash, and it loads fine without adding any girls

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2013, 03:40:12 AM »
It's not a girl issue. Make sure that your game screen is either set to windowed mode or it fits your resolution.
It's in the file ScreenMode
and reads something like this
// First line is the width and height dimensions, second line is true or false for fullscreen
1366 768
true

Offline dragonshaun9

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2014, 06:35:00 PM »
Quick question:
I downloaded....a lot of girl packs to get me started again, and placed them correctly. I'm getting the 'no trigger script' message as stated earlier in the thread, and the game locks up, becomes unresponsive. Help?

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2014, 07:06:01 PM »
Quick question:
I downloaded....a lot of girl packs to get me started again, and placed them correctly. I'm getting the 'no trigger script' message as stated earlier in the thread, and the game locks up, becomes unresponsive. Help?
The "Girl has no script trigger file: " should not be the cause of your problem.

It seems some of the older girl packs have corrupt ".ani" files or typos in the ".girlsx" files that can cause crashes.
Try moving all of the folders in the .\Resources\Characters somewhere else and run the game with no images.
If it does not crash, then the problem is in one of them, you will have to go through all your image folders.

One other cause of crashing, not enough of a specific type of random girls, was fixed in .05p,
If you are using an older version, update to the newest version.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline dragonshaun9

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2014, 10:44:20 PM »
it does let the game load now......but when i checked all my image folders i saw no '.ani' files. i tried separating the characters into individual .girlsx files, using a small test number, but it still crashes with them. so....start from scratch then? write new .girlsx files?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2014, 10:35:48 AM »
it does let the game load now......but when i checked all my image folders i saw no '.ani' files. i tried separating the characters into individual .girlsx files, using a small test number, but it still crashes with them. so....start from scratch then? write new .girlsx files?
No need to write all new girlsx files, if you look at them in a text editor, the most common errors are:
 - This must be the first line of the file:   "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>"
 - Missing closing brackets:   look for "<girls " or "</girls " these require the closing brackets directly after so change them to "<girls>" or "</girls>"
 - Missing "</Girl>" at the end of the individual girl.
 - Anything after </Girls> should be removed.

If you want me to look at your savegame follow the Crash report steps:
1. delete gamelog.txt,
2. run the game till it crashes,
3. zip gamelog and savegame into one file and
4. attach it to your crash report

Offline dragonshaun9

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2014, 02:00:40 AM »
i checked my folders again after reviewing a gamelog. there was indeed a set of .ani files. thanks for the tips.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2014, 08:34:25 AM »
i checked my folders again after reviewing a gamelog. there was indeed a set of .ani files. thanks for the tips.
So others know what to look for, In what girl's folder did you find the problem files?

Offline Chaz

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2015, 08:15:51 PM »
I'm working on a batch of new girls, and I'm coming across a peculiar problem. The "Death / Attacked" images don't appear in the gallery for all the girls. Everything else is fine, but for some reason those don't for all of them. I can't figure it out.

I assumed it was either the jpegs or the file names, but it isn't. If I swap the Death.jpgs between a girl for which they work and a girl for which they don't, the girl for which they work will display the other girl's Death.jpgs just fine.

I also tried swapping a non-working girl's data in the girlsx file for Desc and everything below it with that of a working girl. No dice.

Any ideas?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2015, 09:57:08 AM »
I'm working on a batch of new girls, and I'm coming across a peculiar problem. The "Death / Attacked" images don't appear in the gallery for all the girls. Everything else is fine, but for some reason those don't for all of them. I can't figure it out.
I assumed it was either the jpegs or the file names, but it isn't. If I swap the Death.jpgs between a girl for which they work and a girl for which they don't, the girl for which they work will display the other girl's Death.jpgs just fine.
I also tried swapping a non-working girl's data in the girlsx file for Desc and everything below it with that of a working girl. No dice.
Any ideas?
Can you zip up the non-working folder and upload it somewhere so I can test it?

Offline Chaz

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2015, 01:33:02 PM »
Can you zip up the non-working folder and upload it somewhere so I can test it?

Sorry: I decided to check it in the latest version (the last most recent version I haven't been using because it crashed) and find that it works perfectly fine in this one. So whatever the issue was in my older version, you've fixed it already. Thanks!

Offline Applesauce

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2016, 03:56:06 PM »
Is there a list of all image types somewhere? (strip, bunny, etc)
Or of all file formats? gif/jpeg/png seem to be supported but I saw webm in one girl pack. (Though I think they crash the game)