devolution

Author Topic: TRBACP  (Read 36891 times)

Offline sablecaballero

Re: The *really* big ass combo pack
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2010, 04:55:59 PM »
Still having error, downloaded all the parts and most of the sex images are broken.

Offline RyRain

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2010, 06:00:34 PM »
Ya. I get an error unzipping listing 1541 files broken. Most of them image files. Jpeg, png, and thumb.db files.

Offline TF

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2010, 02:17:56 AM »
Ugggh... son of a bitch. Alright... I'm working on it.

@RyRain:  In Pack 1 there are separate girl files for all the packs used, but I've made and linked a compiled set of girls files as well. For the second pack, I compiled everything down and there's only one set of girls files covering all the girls in the pack. Both girl files for both packs should stand alone and cover *only* the girls in their respective packs. Hope that clears that up... I'm off to see if I can figure out what the hell the problem is *now*.

::Edit:: It looks like Part 3 is correct now, and Part 4 is the only one that's broken... let's try uploading yet again... spending the entire time wondering why Mediafire can't do *something* to check for file integrity.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 03:21:10 AM by TF »

Offline sablecaballero

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2010, 08:45:30 AM »
Good luck  :D

Offline Bloodly

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2010, 10:33:31 AM »
...Can someone who has the complete torrent please seed?  I've been waiting over a day now for the last few bits.

Offline TF

« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2010, 11:48:58 AM »
The link for Part 4's been changed out for my latest upload attempt... go ahead and see if it works for you... I'll have to wait until tonight to check it if I don't hear from anyone.

I've been seeding the torrent almost non-stop since I put it up, but somehow I only seem to connect with some peers. However, the files for Pack 1 on Mediafire should be the exact same as the ones in the torrent, so if anyone who got them off Mediafire wanted to be a good Samaritan and get the torrent and just tell it to save wherever they're storing the files, it should just do a hash check and start seeding.

Offline RyRain

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2010, 03:12:29 PM »
Looks like it's working now. Thanks TF. :) I'll scan it for dubs when I get the chance.

Offline sablecaballero

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2010, 03:47:51 PM »
Yep, worked perfectly. Thanks!

Offline TF

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2010, 09:28:38 PM »
Thank *GOD*.

Offline RyRain

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2010, 11:07:45 PM »
Found two Aegis. That's the only one I saw from a first scan through.

Offline vanpett

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2010, 07:06:32 AM »
Hi,

I installed both packs including the compiled girls files and while the random girls appear correctly, the unique girls (from both packs) don't show up at all. I'm stuck with only the default girls.

I didn't start a new game, but in the gam.mast file the girlsx files (Girls.girlsx Girls2.girlsx) are listed correctly.

Is this supposed to happen? 

Offline TF

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2010, 10:24:17 PM »
I believe that when you start a new game, the girls files are loaded and the configuration is saved, and that when you add girls files and then load a previous saved game the configuration that was saved *updates* old girl files, but doesn't *load* any new ones. So, if you want the new girls to show up in an old save, *I believe* what you have to do is to compile all the girls from the new files into the old ones. Keep in mind that the default girls are already contained in the first pack.

If that all makes sense to you and it works, don't bother reading further, but if you've never compiled girls files before, first open the Whore Master Editor (the one in the root Whore Master folder... it says WMEdit.exe). In the Girl Data tab click "Load Girls" and find the girls files for both the packs I created... can't recall if you can load both at once or if you'll have to do them individually. Anyway, once they're both loaded click "Save" and save as Girls.girlsx in the Characters folder. When you load, it should refresh the girls file you've been using with the new girls.

::Note:: I can't say for sure that this will work since I've always started a new game when I've added new packs. I'm only recounting what I've seen around the forum.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 10:26:54 PM by TF »

Offline TF

Re: TRBACP and Scripts
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2010, 09:18:08 PM »
I've decided that, with my current bandwidth restrictions, rather than try to put together another pack, for the moment, I'm going to try and write some scripts for the many girls contained in the packs thus far. (If I can figure out how to do anything at all with the script editor, that is.) If anyone has some helpful tips about understanding the code in the editor, I'm sure it would expedite things, and I'm also wondering if it's possible to use player actions to trigger events that would alter a girl's background story, traits, skills, or other stats.

For example, I'd like to write a trigger that causes Astaroth to instantly love the player if she's given an item that cures sterility, and another that changes her story if she gets pregnant. I also think it would be a nice touch to be able to change quite a few girls' stories when their love for the player reaches a certain point to reflect their change in attitude (e.g. Amy Rose is no longer fixated on her "boyfriend" or Crimson Viper "seems only to love money, her daughter Lauren and you.") I think that though the changes would be small, they could make a world of difference to the experience and give a much greater feeling of accomplishment. Like I said, though, I have no idea whether much or any of it is even possible or if I'm limited primarily to additional dialogue.

Also, when girls are characters in the same show, game, etc., it would be fantastic if talking to girls (perhaps when you chat about general things) could possibly trigger events that allow you to meet the other girls they would know from their respective universes and possibly convince them to work for you, capture them, steal them from rival slavers, etc. It'd also be nice if the girls giving you information was contingent on whether they liked/feared you enough. I think it'd be a really fun addition if you could use one of the Sailor Stars or the girls from Tenchi Muyo that you pick up to find and capture the rest.

Anyway, I'd love to give something like that a try, so if anyone could let me know what's actually possible (and how to do it), I'd love to hear about it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 09:19:55 PM by TF »

Offline sgb

« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2010, 09:39:46 PM »
I would hold off on any elaborate scripting until DocClox overhauls the scripting functionality.  Daggoth noted that pretty much any character specific script outside of meetgirl currently isn't picked up by the game.  Take a look in here (http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=365.0) if you didn't already.

Offline TF

« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2010, 10:26:18 PM »
Well, that's more than a little discouraging... but after taking a look over in the other thread, it seems as though I can try to get the *scripts* to run just fine, it's just that I'll have to set the triggers as "Meet" to test them out, and then make a note to switch them to their proper triggers if and when the scripting system gets overhauled. Also, I'm sure that it wouldn't hurt to have some scripts ready to A. test the new scripting system, and B. make sure that it gets used. I'm sure it'd be really frustrating to rewrite the whole thing only to have no one use it. I choose *not* to be discouraged! (Until I realize how incompetent I am at writing scripts, at least.)