Author Topic: TRBACP  (Read 36956 times)

Offline sgb

Re: TRBACP and Scripts
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2010, 11:44:29 PM »
Part of the problem is that tabbing doesn't work right in the provided editor.  While it automatically fixes itself to a certain degree when you hit save (that's how I was able to make my sample script), I have no idea what will happen if you try to make an elaborate multi-layer script.  One good place to start mucking about would be in the WM scripts folder.  While waiting for upgraded scripted functionality, you could try your hand at filling in the missing 'Talk to Girl' branches or make new ones.  Since we know these scripts will trigger and when, you should be able to easily test whatever you want to try.

Offline TF

« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2010, 12:05:01 AM »
All these difficulties make me wonder how the scripts were written to begin with. There has to be some way to write new scripts if it's already been done. Perhaps if I knew that, then I (or others) could write out some kind of bare bones template for what's needed to get the formatting set properly and then use the script editor to fill in the details.

Offline TF

« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2010, 12:35:25 AM »
I'm writing a new script (or attempting to, anyway) and I'm using the Cammy meeting as a template. I've noticed that there's a stat check in there, but I can't seem to find any reference to *how* it checks the stat... I don't think I actually need to use it at the moment, but it's making me wonder how the stat check works.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2010, 01:05:41 AM »
Well, that's more than a little discouraging... but after taking a look over in the other thread, it seems as though I can try to get the *scripts* to run just fine, it's just that I'll have to set the triggers as "Meet" to test them out, and then make a note to switch them to their proper triggers if and when the scripting system gets overhauled. Also, I'm sure that it wouldn't hurt to have some scripts ready to A. test the new scripting system, and B. make sure that it gets used. I'm sure it'd be really frustrating to rewrite the whole thing only to have no one use it. I choose *not* to be discouraged! (Until I realize how incompetent I am at writing scripts, at least.)

Well, not exactly. Lua won't work quite the same as the current scripting system, so any scripts will need to be remade.

Offline TF

« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2010, 01:17:14 AM »
Perhaps I shall put the idea on hold, then... at least until I understand what the differences will be.

Offline TF

Re: TRBACP
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2010, 04:04:05 PM »
So, I said awhile back that I was probably going to create a 3rd combo pack, but then decided to work on scripts instead, only to put that idea on hold when I found out scripts would be vastly different when lua integration was finished. Instead of going back to work on making a new combo pack I just sort of left things... sorry for that. Anyway, I'd like to make good on my word and put out another combo pack, but considering I have satellite internet, I have huge restrictions on bandwidth and it'll take me a bit to put one together (I'm shooting for about a week.) Anyway, if people would like to let me know which packs they'd like to see in a new release, I'll try to work on incorporating them, removing any errors or duplicates from the first two packs, and getting the whole thing out as quickly as possible. If there's a big enough response, I might even make a 4th pack. ~_^

::Note:: This time, when uploading, I'll make sure to post the md5 checksums for my original files... should help make sure that any faulty uploads get fixed *much* faster.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2010, 10:53:45 PM »
I implore ALL modders to stop releasing girls. I am far too lazy to keep updating that list. hahaha. If only you guys could add to it yourselves. :|
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2010, 11:28:35 PM »
I PM'd you already about it Mehzerz but I'm actually working on something like this.  :D Just have to brush up on the MYSQL syntax.

Trivia of the Day: Did you know that Desc and Group where Reserved Words in Mysql? Did you also know that these words appear in the girlsx file as stat fields? Did you also know that putting these words in a SQL Select statement makes MYSQL spit out an error with little to no clue as to what caused the error. Did you know it takes a dumb ass like me 4 days to figure this out?  :D
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline TF

« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2010, 11:32:17 PM »
Did you know it takes a dumb ass like me 4 days to figure this out?  :D

LMAO... that's a harsh lesson.

I am far too lazy to keep updating that list.

Since my releases are just compilations, at least you won't have to update on *my* account.

Offline Lorde

« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2010, 12:02:45 AM »
LMAO... that's a harsh lesson.

In truth I knew Group was a reserved word. Desc, not so much. When I Changed group internally to groupsex and it still didn't work, I started digging through Perl's Class-DBI module trying to figure out what was wrong...

I guess the moral of the story is triple check your syntax. That and shorthanding description to desc breaks MYSQL.  :D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 01:01:26 AM by Lorde »
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2010, 03:55:58 PM »
Sounds to me like the moral of the story is to always sanitize your input, even table names (desc => 'desc').  :D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 03:57:39 PM by Dagoth »

Offline Lorde

« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2010, 04:46:42 PM »
It's just how the Class::DBI Module handles field names that is prone to breakage. (See I learned something in those 4 days  :D )  It's supposed to make things easier. Pop the table schema in a class and call the class in the script. So you can do things like say... pop an xml document into a hash then pop that hash into the database with 1 line of code.

Course, if I was using bare bones DBI I could have sanitized the SQL statement before it went to the server. But it's been years since I messed with SQL. Wanted to get my feet wet with something... "easier". 
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)

Offline TF

« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2010, 04:15:12 AM »
Mmmmkay... now that I'm finally getting to work on the third pack, here's what I'm looking at putting in at the moment:

ChaosKishin's packs 2, 3, and 4
SGB's packs 1-4
Zodiac's(?) Characters 2, Azumanga, and Galaxy Angel packs.
[Is the ModsF pack Zodiac's or Ath's? Did Zodiac just repost it? Who is Ath? Am I just an idiot reading something wrong in the Master List? I'm kind of unclear on who should get credit, but I plan to include it anyway.]
Nalkyr Maloth's packs 1-4

That should give me some work to do... if anyone knows any conflicts between these packs (either with each other or to anything I've put together before,) I can already see that there will be several duplicates, and I'm sure I can catch *most* of them, but if anyone knows any that are named differently, those could easily slip by.

::Edit:: It would appear that the Galaxy Angel pack has been pulled from Mediafire (or at least the link I tried.) If anyone knows an alternate upload for it, or happens to have it rattling around somewhere in their computer and wants to re-up it, I could still include it.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 04:39:35 AM by TF »

Offline Nalkyr Maloth

« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2010, 08:07:45 AM »
Here's a new link
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3kcw3vawixpfdtk/Galaxy_Angelpack.rar

and I also found an extra girlsx file for them that I attached.

Regarding my packs there are no duplicates as I made sure of it when I made them.

Offline TF

« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2010, 04:53:05 PM »
Much appreciated!