devolution

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod Icons and Extra help from Users  (Read 18572 times)

Offline fenicearcana

Crazy and PP's mod Icons and Extra help from Users
« on: November 20, 2014, 02:27:19 AM »
Hi Guys, i started this Thread mostly to trive give help with some customization of Crazy and PP's mod.
I'll post here some Button Icons, maybe also some storyline or other ideas for script, and anyway i'm just a normal user who will like to help.
Feel free to give your opinion and to help if you wish.
Oh, and sorry if my english is somehow strange... i'm Italian after all :P

Let's begin with some simple Ideas, starting from the beginning, the actual screen of the Crossgate nearby.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 04:18:56 AM by fenicearcana »

Offline fenicearcana

Re: Crazy and PP's mod Icons and Extra help from Users
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 02:27:44 AM »
First of All... i'll try to do some button for the mod. I will Add them here... but i feel like umm on second thought having the problem about number 4 max attachement XD ahahah we will se...

Now, just for fun, i've made a "Magic Tower"... Off... On... and a second type of On with more power XD
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 02:31:22 AM by fenicearcana »

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 02:28:20 AM »
This are two ideas for "Farm", on and off.

I prefer the Farm anyway, not the Cow XD

« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 02:49:07 AM by fenicearcana »

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 02:28:36 AM »
Since doing the "on" button, just require a bit of glowing around it (are we sure that is the best way to do it?) i'll put here some generic button...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 04:18:17 AM by fenicearcana »

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 04:30:36 AM »
umm well... i have something to modify here ... XD
But i feel i can do it ehehhe

The "centre" (generic1) is well integrated with the map on the bottom layer but i have to rework the others.

Anyway, is it like this i have to create? I'll like to know some opinion before i go and do other things and rework those icons XD

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 07:08:07 AM »
Fuckin' great job so far IMO.
Any kind of graphic enhancement is more than welcome and this is definitely an enhancement.

Although I'm not all that fond of the farm icon. Seems a bit too modern. Even though the lore of WM is a "throw every timeline and fantasy setting into one bucket" kind of thing.

If only someone would make a better map of Crossgate now I wouldn't have anything to bitch at when it comes to visuals really.

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 08:10:37 AM »
Well... i can try to do some graphics in my spare time. No problem at all. I just need to know if we need something like a total new "dress" for the game, or just something here and there.
I'm just not used to work on 48x48 pixel, so i need to do a little more practice in creating those icons. XD
If i can change the background map of the surronding of Crossgate, maybe i can also create icons that match it.

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 10:30:37 AM »
The game start with a story who was never really developped. I thought about it and my idea is simple: if we develop that part of the game, we can make the game more interesting and have some more longevity to it.
After some 30-40 turns, you have so much girl, so much items, so much gold, the game actually become boring.
This game have a great potential, but it is unused. I played this game since the beginning and actually i've wait years to see if somehow it get to a point it become really a complete game. What it lack is a story who can add some sense, some purpose, to the mere act of collecting unique girl.
And, just to make a mild example, we could have in the starting pack of the game, some unique girl who can be found only completing some part of the story.
Truth is, this game is tooooo easy. We have added so much items we can take a plain girl and transform her in a super girl with 100 in all skill and stats, or tranform her in a completly different one.
This could like to some people, for sure, but it kill the game.
Why i even have to spend time after a single girl to give her some knowledge nuts and other silly dress +5cha and +7 beauty, when i can give her a rare item who will give 100 to all stats and make the experience and leveling of girls useless?

If, on the opposite way, i have to level the girl to give her some bonus on stats, and if those rare items become a little bit less strong, then the game can actually be more enjoyable.
Why even have 7 brothels, each one who can have 250 girl inside? Have someone even try to really manage something like that?
I dont even understand why the game is at this point... it is pretty different from the beginning and somehow had lose some of his charm.
It lack of a purpose, of a goal, and is actually a mere "find unique girl, collect them...and..." and nothing. When you collect them all, you grunt and close the game.And maybe you start a new game some time later, just to impregnate a girl with a child of yours, just to see if it comes with the same eyes of your mother XD

With all that in mind, i'm starting to invent something, but since i'm NOT able to code it, i will just write down what i can and hopo something could be used for Crazy and PP's game.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 11:26:32 AM by fenicearcana »

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 11:36:56 AM »
The Story so far...

"Welcome to Crossgate, a city in the realm of Mundiga, where criminals rule and space and time overlap with other worlds and dimensions. Once a powerfoul crime lord in the city, your father was recently assassinated and his assets looted by rivals. All that remains is the fire-gutted shell of an old brothel that served as your father's headquarters.

However this building hides some interesting secrets. Still concealed in the cellars is the dungeon where your father conducted the less savory aspects of his business. Underneath, endless catacombs extend, costantly shifting in the dimensional flux, drawing in beings and plunder from a thousand different worlds.

Your hob now is to return the vrothel to its former glories of exotic woman and carnal pleasures. That will give you the income you need to avenge your father, and resume your rightful place as his successor.

It is up to you if you will be as evil as your father or not, but in any case you start with very little gold and your first order of buisiness should be to purchase some girls from the slave market, and to hire some goons to guard your headquarters."

Thats all we know about our father, and about us. The game, at the actual stage of developpement, has no end, no direction, no sense, is just so easy that we will have many girls and items in no time at all. The very first WM was a bit hard to start off with. So low starting money... and befor you started having so many girl it could possibly pass over then 1 years of game [52 turns].
Now, after 30-35 turns, you probably have more then enought to do what you want, and maybe you've already erased all the enemy gans around, being proclamed the Crime Lord of Crossgate. XD

So, how to make this more interesting?

First of all, the "Walk Around" button seems pretty useless rith now. I means, ok, you can get a "free" girl if you are lucjy and you found one around...but unless you say "no" you always get the girl. So why you even need some crappy dialogue? Just say "you found a girl who will like to work for you" and go on!
Or you could have some "seed" dialogue, a random numeric value who display different scenario every time, in wich you have to guess the correct nswer to get the girl...but being honest, after some time you will learn each one pattern to always answer the correct one to get the girl, so why bother?

Another way to manage it, is to have different way of getting the girl. I don't even know if that coul be arranged by a generic scrift, but my idea was to set at the end of the chat with the girl some option like:
 - Scare her to work for you: this will get the girl for you if your reputation point as "Evil" are more then the Rebel -Obbedience of the girl. If so, she will get +Fear by the difference from your and hers points.
 - Court her: this will get the girl for you if your reputation point as "Good" are more then the Rebel -Obbedience of the girl. If so, she will get +Love by the difference from your and hers points.
 - Make her a nice gift: you spend money, you input how much, and if the money is at least half of the girl value, she is willing to follow you and work for you.

and so on, we have plenty of possibilityes here, but i simply dont know if that can be managed by the cript. If not, it is useless to invent other options XD

Anyway, even if the walk around generate 100 different "route" to chat with girl, youll'ever find the correct answer to give if you try enought, so i don't know if really there is a way to do this different.

Coffe time. Cya later XD
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 12:21:49 PM by fenicearcana »

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 12:36:48 PM »
Leaving the "Walk Around" for a future developpement, i will like to work on the main story, giving a direction to is, some objective to make it more interesting. Your father was a evil being and was murder by some unknow rival. so why dont we try to evolve that part and actively go out to search for father information?

My idea is someting like giving the character some information as the game procede, with specific event happening on a scheduled day, and some other trigged buy walking around, by recruiting some unique girl of a "starting pack", maybe some information are obtained torturing a specific girl, other are obtained investigating the Catacomb, and if possible all those information should trigger on tha map some special location who will use for the story. Just to make a fast example, we should have the tortured evil witch revealing that in a old ruin, lies a diary your father was writing, but to find this diary you have to kill the beast sleeping inside and search the ruin itself. so you have to gather some of your goons and send them to kill and explore, or maybe you can send your stronger girl to do that, to find the diary with some information who lead you to know more about your father and how it retained for so long the power in a crazy place like Crossgate...and so on. We have plenty of possibilities here...if we could arrange the trigger thing.

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 09:23:42 AM »
Fuckin' great job so far IMO.
Any kind of graphic enhancement is more than welcome and this is definitely an enhancement.

Although I'm not all that fond of the farm icon. Seems a bit too modern. Even though the lore of WM is a "throw every timeline and fantasy setting into one bucket" kind of thing.

If only someone would make a better map of Crossgate now I wouldn't have anything to bitch at when it comes to visuals really.

A New Map of Crossgate... umm i could Try, why not. I'm not this great of an artist, but i could try.

But a nem map...or simply a different setting on the same original map? Like a old field with different city?

I like the idea of having wather there, but never undeestood wht the city wall were so far from the water. and i will like to have also a Wood near there, and maybe a mountain... XD

Real problem is... also if i do it (i had prepared a clean field with just grass and water, the old map but without the city, to start) i can't attache it here since it is 600+ KB :P
I prepared a cleaned map half of the real dimension just to attach it XD

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2014, 10:15:18 AM »
Maybe...something like that could do... i have to work a bit on it , but i can add around some forest...and a field for the farm "then" create some Button who will blend fine with the new map...

I'd like to know also Crazy and Aevojoey opinion about this ^^

Maybe a bigger city is better?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 10:21:08 AM by fenicearcana »

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2014, 08:04:03 PM »
Very nice, out of the two the smaller would be better as i believe there are plans to make the map larger than just Crossgate at some point.
Also maybe cut away the section of wall closest to the water (for a dock or some such).
Otherwise I must say it looks very nice, great job!
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2014, 07:18:29 AM »
Thanks Bowman.
I will modify then the smallest one, if they plan to make Crossgate bigger.
Later i will try to create some custom icons, but i have still more things to add around XD

For the script part, since i'd like to start writing something, but i still don't know how to move, i will do some ramble with myself, guessing if that is the rigt thing to do.
Let's try... (Grammar probably have to be corrected since i'm not fully at my ease with english :P )

This is an example to undestand what kind of event are Crazy and Aevojoey looking for.

Unique Character 1: The Old Granny
Found only after buyind the 2nd Brothel, with Walk Around. Chance 50% until found.

"An old lady, dressed as a Maid of ancient time, approach you after she gaze at you for some time. She has a refined style and seem a very well mannered woman."
- Greetings, good master. Can you possibly be the son of the last Overlord of Crossgate? -
(Answer is really needed? well...let say you could choose not a simply Yes/No but instead a more complex answer)
Answer A1: Yes, i am. And who should you be, to know that, ma'am?
                "I'm Delora, good master, and i was the head maid of his most precious brothel, until he was dismissed. are you following his step in that business?
                 Answer B1: Yes, for sure.
                      "That's really nice. Would you like to have my experience at your service? I'm a bit to old to work as an entertaining lady, but my skill could help you a lot.
                        Beside i knowed very well your Father, and maybe i can tell you some things even you don't know, about him."
                              Answer C1: Thanks old lady, but i must decline your offer.
                                    "What a pity... well, call me if you change your mind, i'm often near the Centre."
                                    Command: set a Flag to make Delora not avaiable as "Walk Around" and activate a Button in the Centre to "Search for Delora"
                              Answer C2: Yes, i would like to hire you, Delora.
                                   "At your service, good master."
                                   -Delora was sent to your Current Brothel and brings 5 Singing Birds for the girls- (see later for this item)
                                    Command: set a Flag to make Delora not avaiable as "Walk Around"
                 Answer B2: Not Really.
                           "Are you serious? Did you reject your father way so much to not follow his step at all? What do we have here... a real kind master... or a lier?
                            Anyway if you wish, i coul be of some use for you.
                            I used to know very well your faher and maybe i could even give you some good advice if you want to avoid his same mistakes..."
                                             "What a pity... well, call me if you change your mind, i'm often near the Centre."
                                              Command: set a Flag to make Delora not avaiable as "Walk Around" and activate a Button in the Centre to "Search for Delora"
                                             -Delora was sent to your Current Brothel and brings 10 Incense of Serenity (M) for the girls-
                   Answer B3: I'm trying to do my best       
                                              "Are you? Well, maybe we will see...
                                               Would you like to have my experience at your service? I'm a bit to old to work as an entertaining lady, but my skill could help you a lot.
                                               Beside i knowed very well your Father, and maybe i can tell you some things even you don't know, about him."
                                              -Delora was sent to your Current Brothel and brings 2 Room Decoration  for the girls-

Answer A2: I could be... who is asking this to me?
                             "I'm Delora, and i was the head maid of the most precious brothel of the overlord, until he was dismissed. You remember me of him in some ways...
                              It was very wary, but that did't save it in the end. If only he had listened to my good advice, maybe..."
                              Answer C1: Thanks for your time old lady, but i have to go.
                                    "What a pity... well, call me if you need my service, i'm often near the Centre."
                              Answer C2: Would you like to give me the advice my father refused and come to work into my buisiness, Delora?
                                   -Delora was sent to your Current Brothel and brings 3 Nut of Knowledge for the girls.-

Answer A3: No, you are mistaken me for someone else.
                           "What a pity... i'm someone who knew a bit about lies and other sercet of the old overlord...
                            Well, call me if you change your mind, i'm often near the Centre."

Note: the button "Search for Delora" could also be a "Walk Around" for the Centre. Maybe it could be used to search for specific quest or girls in the future? Anyway it start the following script:

- You found the old headmaid Delora taking a sunbath on a bench. You approach her as she smile knowingly at you-
 "Have you decided to recruit me, good Master? I will gladly serve you if you trreat me a good lunch."
            Answer D1: Pay 1000 Gold to treat Delora to lunch and recruit her
                                   -Delora was sent to your Current Brothel after the lunch. -
                                    Command: set a Flag to make Delora not avaiable as "Search for Delora"
            Answer D2: Refuse and walk away.
                                    -nothing to say-

NEW ITEM: rare: Singing Bird
Value: 1000 gold
"A rare and cute magic bird who can melt even the most hardened heart"
Effect: Rebelliouness drop -15 points

Let me know if this is the kind of Event you'll like to have (More complex but with the story developping).

Maybe Delora dn't really need to be a classic whore, since she mostly will be used for the story. We could add a Button in the first Brothel, called "Call for Delora's service". and add a list of thing you can do with her.
Ask for Advice : pay something like 100 gold to have a random advice from delora
Ask Delora to Clean a bit around: pay 500 to reduce "half" the filtyness of 1st brothel
Ask Delora to Cheer up the Girls: pay 500 to have +5 happyness to all girls
And so on...we could add more.
Each use of Delora, add +1 to a "delora's help" numeric countator. when it get to a specific number, it activate a flag and a specific event happen

Or at least i will do it like that XD
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 07:44:32 AM by fenicearcana »

Offline FlamBurger

• I need to stop lazing about so much.....
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2014, 11:13:40 AM »
I like that idea to have special servants to obtain....I just wish I could draw up some OC's for the game. :'(
The whole region of Crossgate will be my playground....
Our playground....
The whole freaking world guys....
Crossgate Chronicles?? Yup it's that bad....
I'll still chug on! Plus, The Crazy Team is really doing a good job on this game.
https://mega.nz/#F!A55jWSpT!P-1Lw1-kNxiBfelAH24Kvg My Packs