Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod Icons and Extra help from Users  (Read 18573 times)

Offline fenicearcana

Re: Crazy and PP's mod Icons and Extra help from Users
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2014, 02:15:27 PM »
OC? You mean..um Original Character?
Anyway i'm just trying to understand how much can we change the game's mechanict to become a bit more interesting to play.
There are still so many bug it hurts XD Like the Bug killing at random some girl (just random girl until now) who resde in the 3rd Brothel. Could this be a Curse? The revenge of a vengefoul spirit? I don't know...but it is killing them...slowly..all of them... XD
It's probabably just a bug, but it show alonr in the 3rd brothel up until now :P
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 02:21:18 PM by fenicearcana »

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 03:51:46 PM »
I like that idea to have special servants to obtain....I just wish I could draw up some OC's for the game. :'(

Well if you've got the money and you'd really be willing to spend it on Whoremaster out of all things... you could commission some artists. They do demand a pretty buck though.

Alternatively, we could always...borrow some character standing images and such from certain more obscure japanese eroges and so forth. I mean, I did this with background images already (that are usually re-touched stock images anyways). Very few people would recognize where they're from.

On the maps uploaded: they're MUCH better, but if I had to say something negative I'd say I hate that grimy, mucky, ugly green/brown shade they're made in. Just looks kind of unpleasant.

Some time ago, I've been trying to spark some collaboration between aevo and the creator of this interface mod: http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=1094.0 in order to adapt it into the official UI (it looks much better IMO and gives me the "office" kind of vibe where we overseer everything from our desk as the titular Whoremaster. Although the Crossgate in the custom map is way too small, even if it looks really cool). To no real avail, I'm afraid.

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2014, 04:49:18 PM »
I could work on making more maps. i just want to be sure i'm not wasting my time doing useless things, that's why i have uploaded just a few examples. i'm pretty fast when i know what i should do .
As soon as Crazy and Aevojoey (just the two of them are working on the code , i'm correct?) give me some comments, i'll start to refine things.

Crossgate is a dark and evil place...but i can give it a touch of color if we don't care to change a bit the map. I could even do a bigger map, but i need to know if the game support it or not :P

I saw the post you linked. It was a pretty cool mask. Was that project dropped?

For icons, same as for maps. As soon as i get some comment by the two coder , i'll start to work, first on map, then to Icons who can blend with the map in a...cute way :)

To me this is a good training since i plan to create a game in the future, as soon as i found good partner to start my buisiness. I'm pretty good with the story, the game concept and the grafics, but i'm not a programmer, so i must found some of them.... "out there" *he look up to the sky, gazing into the future*
Beside, a man must live and earn his money, somehow XD

Offline FlamBurger

• I need to stop lazing about so much.....
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 02:12:56 PM »
A place that looks nice but it's darkside is something to desire. Speaking of Gizmo, I wonder where they're at....but people come and go.
The whole region of Crossgate will be my playground....
Our playground....
The whole freaking world guys....
Crossgate Chronicles?? Yup it's that bad....
I'll still chug on! Plus, The Crazy Team is really doing a good job on this game.
https://mega.nz/#F!A55jWSpT!P-1Lw1-kNxiBfelAH24Kvg My Packs

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2014, 10:25:33 PM »
Currently I am learning how to use the new SDL2.0 and plan on making the game use it.
It is slow going but I am getting close to starting the rework of the interface.
As I learn more of what I can do with SDL2 I will know better what I will need as far as textures go.
I liked the wood textures but I am not good with graphics and the psd files I have have the text in russian.

I like the townmapnew01small.jpg but I agree that the town should include part of the coastline for a port.

I would like a larger "Country" map where there are multiple cities, each of which should have their own map.
Each city would have a brothel and some of the other buildings available in them, so instead of buying multiple brothels in the same small town, you own one brothel in each city.
This would excuse the possibility of several hundred or even thousand customers to each brothel.
The current map would probably only be able to house about five thousand people, one brothel with 20 girls would go through the entire city population in 25 turns.
With 7 brothels each with 100 girls, would probably require a population of 700,000 to support a 1% weekly turnover.

A country map with 7 distinct sections, each with their own genre theme would be nice.
Start with Crossgate, the smallest town of 10,000 people, at the center of the map.
Add 6 more cities, the largest being the Capital city with a population of 200,000+.
Include a few small villages and other decorative things that can be used later for things that may be added.

Crossgate should resemble its name, a crossroads town with a gate going to each of the other cities.
As it is at the center of the other cities, Crossgate is considered Neutral territory and thus is the major hub of trade and learning.
The Clinic, the Centre and the Slave market are all inside Crossgate.

The Capital city should be well defended with multiple walled sections.
The Capital as well as the second largest city should have springs that feed the major rivers.
The Capital as well as two or three of the other cities should have sea ports and all should have some kind of fresh water source.
Add a battlefield between the two largest cities. This will be more of a ceremonial area where disputes are settled for the entertainment of spectators. (The Arena goes here.)
In the river valley where the three rivers meet is a large fertile area. (The Farm goes here.)

The movie studio can be placed anywhere you want.
Every city should have a market, a prison, a mayor and a bank

I found this a good reference for populating the towns - http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/blueroom/demog.htm

If you don't want to do all that, just update the Crossgate map for now and the rest can wait.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 10:30:39 PM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2014, 05:40:32 AM »
A big project indeed. But i'm a bit concerned about the dispersion of girls around the world.
And having multiple maps make the game even more caotic, with the player who have to change map to go into other places... maybe is just a matter of adapting to the new concept, but i fear the game will become more harder to manage with different area to control each week.

Tha basic idea of Crossgae, was to have a "world-city" a magic place who can withsand trillions of being inside his wall. A very big, enormous city who connected different dimension" that was done exactly to have all in one place without having to go around the world to manage everything. But that's just my idea, i prefer a easy to manage game, than a bigger one who give me headache to remember where was the girl i'm searching for, where was that place i was exploring, and so on.

The strengt of this game is that its preatty easy to use, to play, and to customize. If you add more maps and more places, i can imagine the Turn Summary showing up hundreds of gangs attacking each of my places and brothel, and me sweating hard to remember wich one of my brothel was damaged last turn. This...and hundred of girls who all require my attention XD
And the Bugs... more map, probably more bug... but hey... if you think you can do it, try. I will do what i can to help.

For the new maps i must know, as soon as you get it, the dimension of each of them, so to start doing something. For now i will rework crossgate as previously suggested, removing part of he wall and adding some quay.

About that psd file... isn't it composed of just the wooden texture? i mean, the text arent simply buttons with text over them? if i remove the text, leaving just blank spaces, we could use it, maybe  replacing the empty spaces with buttons?

PS: i see someone already done that? So why cant you use that wooden texture? what do you need?

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 06:16:40 AM by fenicearcana »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2014, 11:02:36 PM »
A big project indeed. But i'm a bit concerned about the dispersion of girls around the world.
And having multiple maps make the game even more caotic, with the player who have to change map to go into other places... maybe is just a matter of adapting to the new concept, but i fear the game will become more harder to manage with different area to control each week.

Tha basic idea of Crossgae, was to have a "world-city" a magic place who can withsand trillions of being inside his wall. A very big, enormous city who connected different dimension" that was done exactly to have all in one place without having to go around the world to manage everything. But that's just my idea, i prefer a easy to manage game, than a bigger one who give me headache to remember where was the girl i'm searching for, where was that place i was exploring, and so on.

The strengt of this game is that its preatty easy to use, to play, and to customize. If you add more maps and more places, i can imagine the Turn Summary showing up hundreds of gangs attacking each of my places and brothel, and me sweating hard to remember wich one of my brothel was damaged last turn. This...and hundred of girls who all require my attention XD
And the Bugs... more map, probably more bug... but hey... if you think you can do it, try. I will do what i can to help.
True.
For now just make a single Crossgate map.
If and when more maps are needed they can be added then.

For the new maps i must know, as soon as you get it, the dimension of each of them, so to start doing something. For now i will rework crossgate as previously suggested, removing part of he wall and adding some quay.
Make them any size you want, the game scales them to fit the allotted space.

About that psd file... isn't it composed of just the wooden texture? i mean, the text arent simply buttons with text over them? if i remove the text, leaving just blank spaces, we could use it, maybe  replacing the empty spaces with buttons?

PS: i see someone already done that? So why cant you use that wooden texture? what do you need?
The PSD files are here - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=3462.msg29236#msg29236
and here - http://www.pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=3462.msg29346#msg29346
If you can make something out of them I will make use of it.

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2014, 04:01:30 AM »
Ok. i'm a bit on flu rght now, that's why i didnt answered soon XD

For the map no problem i'll do some change and post them.

For the psd buttond, i've grasp how they are made, i can create png button as soon as i understand where they go. they have different size so i will make some tests on a copy of WM 6.15  and i will post them.

The one thing i don't get is where i have to place the others images. i opened the clinic xml and i've read there is a "Clinic Screen Windows" bt i didnt see anywhere in WM a picture like that, so i will make more tests to understand how to customize and use those things XD

Is there a place to donwload the WM in Russan? if i could compare that version with ours, i will understand how to use those things o.ò maybe

« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 04:06:07 AM by fenicearcana »

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2014, 05:31:32 AM »
i hate the 256kb limit XD

well better without the yellow/sand part XD
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 05:35:28 AM by fenicearcana »

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2014, 06:44:48 AM »

On the maps uploaded: they're MUCH better, but if I had to say something negative I'd say I hate that grimy, mucky, ugly green/brown shade they're made in. Just looks kind of unpleasant.

Just for you...do you like better in a lighter mix of green and white? XD

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2014, 07:02:44 AM »
maybe i could do the icons with the "dot" dark for the "off" and light white for the "on" ?

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2014, 07:47:01 AM »
Ooo well... i'll show you like that....

First map with all off...

Second map with some on...

Just to have an idea of that cirle-button

The last map with "nude" icons...i don't really like. They don't blend at all with the map XD
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 07:59:16 AM by fenicearcana »

Offline BlackWolf Inc.

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2014, 12:32:27 PM »
Wow, that's a huge improvement I have to say :D
A the green is much better, as for the icons I suppose it's just a matter of taste really ;p
Don't look at me like that! I found 'em that way....

Now no-one else has to die...
unless I think of another reason.

If found, please return to Miss Y. Rhul.

Offline fenicearcana

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2014, 05:52:59 AM »

For now i'll wait a bit and put on halt the icons and maps thing. I want to make appear a big smile on Crazy and Aevojoey face XD

I'm trying to customize the "wooden texture" they like so much, and so far i think i'm able to do it.

The only thing i dont really like, are the buttons. They "are" nice, but somehow they don't just mix with the background.

So i asked the boss if is possible, to make my work and also future work easyer, to just have a command line who show just text "over" buttons position. A layer over the buttons, so we can change the button without every time the need to change also the text, and also to custom even the font u.u

This is my test. i used on purpose different colors and buttons but so far i prefer just the "prev" and "next" buttons, and the plain text without buttons.

I must wait for Aevojoey or Crazy to know if they have some other idea on mind.

BTW i've changed the Brothel image to 1024x768 but since the game show inside a 800x600 box, the image is rescaled.

I also changed every single XPos and YPos of each button to set them in the right place.

i uploaded all the used buttons to a link on Mega if you wish to see for yourself all the buttons we have from that "wooden texture pack" you linked me back then, and in the sencond link there is the brothel_management file if you want to check it

https://mega.co.nz/#!N4kBxahB!8OQv8x1UKKZnI8lNM4Kj7hn1Clv3q552R3MHSEa3Zv4

https://mega.co.nz/#!xo0gSaxK!OQQRxgjA3Yah80X6mdbZBloT2MU8RS5cz4BWxFwB5Ck
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 01:52:34 PM by fenicearcana »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2014, 02:27:12 PM »
Very nice.

Switch the positions of the "Visit Town" and "Turn Summary" and add an arrow to the "Visit Town" pointing down.
This will make it look as if the "Visit Town" is a street sign pointing you toward town.

Try the "Save Game" and "Next Week"  texts as green and the "Quit" text as red.