Author Topic: Fstop's Oversizes Characters Packs  (Read 33226 times)

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
Re: Fstop's Oversizes Characters Packs
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2009, 01:47:16 AM »
Maybe mine just downloaded weird but Elena has two images that are really long but flat. They are beast2 and les5
Otherwise great pack Chun Li has tons of pics.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2009, 07:18:38 AM »
Yea sometimes that happen with pic that you try to open with Window Photo Gallery but dont worry it wont have any effects  in the game

I wonder if the file is too big >.>
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 07:29:38 AM by Fstop »
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 05:16:44 PM »
Added a new image pack for the people who dont like to search for (mostly depending on what type of art you like note mostly on felicia pack) good quality images

on a side note Felicia is one of my fav image pack

Offline Mehzerz

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 09:56:42 PM »
Felicias image pack is IMMENSE. I love it, thanks Fstop. These are my kind of girl sets.
I don't know if it matters but a lot of the images are actually in all caps. I havent had a chance to see if that affected anything, but if you use it. It must be fine.
Lillith also has a PROFILE11 (2) image. Again not sure if that affects anything but went ahead and changed it anyways.
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 06:06:12 AM »
yea images with (2) Im pretty sure dont work sorry for the oversite

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2009, 10:09:38 AM »
They probably will work.  I am given to understand that the game parses the image names to separate them into categories, and it does so with wildcards, so all files that start with "BDSM" get thrown into the stack of BDSM pics, regardless of what follows "BDSM" in the filename ("BDSM 1.jpg" and "BDSMhogtiedwithhotcandlewaxdripping(3).jpg" are processed the same).
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2009, 10:19:25 AM »
They are processed the same.

Offline Mehzerz

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2009, 03:31:19 PM »
Good to know. Wasn't sure how precise you had to be.
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2009, 04:05:34 PM »
what your basically saying is that I didnt have to rename all the pics just type anal or bdsm and let the computer automatically add (2),(3) ect o.o I must now go cry in a corner for doing hours of unnecessary work

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2009, 04:42:39 PM »
Or you could have used one of many multi rename tools and rename them in few clicks :).

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2009, 03:34:57 PM »
Can I ask for one of these many multi renaming tools?

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2009, 03:59:13 PM »
I use ReNamer when I have large number of files I need to rename, you can even set it to delete, let's say, 5 characters from the left, 3 from the right, add some string and increment numbers on each file. But of course, you can set it to simply batch rename whole file names.

http://www.den4b.com/downloads.php?project=ReNamer

Another one I just googled is Bulk Rename Utility

http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Download.php

What would I do with them, I'd create folder for each category and simply put each file to folder that matches it's theme. After you're done just use renaming tool on each folder to rename all files in it.
Now that I think about it maybe that would be a nice solution all together. Instead of character folder having bunch of pictures, we could have folders for each category and just throw pictures in their category. That way file names wouldn't need to be checked, simply use every picture that's in category folder.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2009, 01:46:04 AM »
As someone who doesn't create girls, I vote against the subfolder idea.

Practical reason: we'd need to change the image loading code *again* (don't know how big a deal this would be), and we'd need to either maintain legacy support or code a converter to parse every girl's pics and sort them into directories (probably could be done with a batch script).

Selfish, changes-would-make-my-life-harder reason: I check every image in every girl pack I download for image quality, artistic quality, and general hotness factor.  Currently, I can scan images and toss any rejects relatively quickly.  Breaking everything out into 9+ directories would at least double, if not triple or quadruple, the amount of time it takes me to sort through everything.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline ohnonono

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2009, 02:52:41 AM »
See, I think it'd be better to have separate folders for each type of picture because I've ended up with situations where I've had to merge multiple people's folders for the same character, and renaming them to unused numbers while verifying that none of them are the same picture at a different resolution or compression level is very time consuming.  I spent a total of 5 hours on it tonight.  Of course it does mean you have to do more work to make sure none of the pictures are jarringly terrible.

Of course the middle ground is to have a tool that can take a bunch of subfolders and then generate the correct filenames in the base directory.  Maybe I'll whip that up so I never have to manually do it again.

Offline Wispowill

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2009, 09:18:14 AM »
I concur with Zodiac for pretty much the same reasons.

@ohnono I'm at a bit of a loss at how looking through several different folders while checking for duplicate images would be any less time consuming than looking through a single forlder. I've merged a few folders and can't quite follow your train of thought here.

i would also guess that breaking out multiple sub-directories would increase loading time. NT filesystems treat directories like files, so each directory would have to be loaded in addition to the files themselves. Like the start menu or fonts with 9x systems, a small number probably wouldn't be noticable but a large number could impact performance.  But then, I'm a net admin, not a developer, so don't quote me on that.  :)