devolution

Author Topic: question about packs of girls?  (Read 3794 times)

Offline thed

question about packs of girls?
« on: November 29, 2010, 07:17:26 PM »
i'm still new to this and don't know jack about programing and the like, but if i download a pack that has multiple girls, can i only use some of them or do i need to use all of them.  i know that i need to copy over the .girlsx file, but if i only use some of the girls will it still work or does it need to have all of the files?  also can we just add more pictures to a folder and have the game use them or do need to update/change the .girlsx file.  also can we rename/replace pictures if we use the same name in a file?

Offline Flowersteel

Re: question about packs of girls?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 07:19:59 PM »
You will need to download the WM editor (its at the top of this thread), then you load the girlsx file in, and delete the girls you want to be rid off. If its just some pics you want to delete, you can do it right out of the folders.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 10:46:51 PM »
or if you want you could just open the .(r)girlx file and delete the girls you don't want and save it (but make sure you don't change the file type)

the begining of the rgirl file looks like
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Girls>    <Girl        Name=
what I've made bold is the beginning of the first girl, it is the same for all girls. just search for the girl's name and delete everything from the <girl to </Girl> then you won't have to worry 'bout the girl. but just to be safe you should make a copy of the girl file, and store in a different location (anywhere not in the character file, you won't have to keep it long, just until you have played for a bit and know that the game is still stable)

Offline thed

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 02:17:04 AM »
thanks guys.

Offline thed

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 06:06:41 AM »
ok so i downloaded the editor program and used it to cut out the girls that i didn't want from the packs, but i have 2 new questions that have come up since i started using it.

1. some of the packs that i've downloaded don't seem to have the .girlsx files, such as the mega pack redux. what do i do in that case?  an example is the mega pack redux first 50 girls, link found below.

http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=5.msg7#msg7

2. some of the files are labeled .rgirlsx, and when i load them nothing comes up, the list is just blank. so i thought that it had to be a misspelling and changed it to .girlsx and then it would give me the error message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.".  what am i doing wrong? an example is CB's random warcraft pack, found at the link below.

http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=567.msg10887#msg10887

any help would be appreciated. sorry that i'm totally clueless.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 06:30:41 AM »
1. some of the packs that i've downloaded don't seem to have the .girlsx files, such as the mega pack redux. what do i do in that case?  an example is the mega pack redux first 50 girls, link found below.

The game originally used .girls files. the format was renamed to .girlsx when the format was changed to use XML. Some of the earlier packs may still have .girls files. The editor should be able to read .girls files and re-save them as .girlsx.

Also, I have seen a couple of packs that were purely images, leaving the user to provide his or her own stats.

2. some of the files are labeled .rgirlsx, and when i load them nothing comes up, the list is just blank. so i thought that it had to be a misspelling and changed it to .girlsx and then it would give me the error message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.".  what am i doing wrong? an example is CB's random warcraft pack, found at the link below.

.rgirlsx files are for random girls. These are the generic ones that occur multiple times with different names. The editor should be able to load them too, so I'm not sure what happened there. The error is probably because the .rgirlsx has a different XML format, and the editor will be trying to load it using the .girlsx format.

Hope that's a bit clearer

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 07:16:22 PM »
 Just an idea from nub to a nub. I first downloaded the game from some random website and was about to delete when I found the editor. After that I put together a couple of girls, soon after I found this site and downloaded all the packs, it was a mess as several girls had double or even triple entries (Including my own files). It was frustrating to look through every file looking for doubles and random girls were also a mess.

So this is what I did:

1) Downloaded most packs from this forum, over 450 girls in total. Unzipped them all into the game folder.

2) Used editor to sort all .girls and .girlsx by their respective anime/manga to get bleach.girlsx, dbz.girlsx, one piece.girlsx and so on. It will take you a couple of hours but the game is totally worth it. If you have no idea where the girl came from (As with most of the names in my case) use google.

To speed this up (in the editor):

- You open an original .girlsx file that came with the pack.
 - Pick one girl, click clear list, click add to the list so you have that one girl.
 - Click on save, name the file (I used name of the Anime/Manga that the girl came from)
 - If you already have the file with the respective name, load it (It will add all girls previously saved to the one you took from the list) and then save the file.

It sounds complicated but once you get a hang of it, you can do the whole thing really fast.

Why do it? The advantages are clear.

1) If a new pack comes out, you will not get doubles as they will be sorted when you update you files.
 2) You can move .girlsx files from the shows/manga you want to avoid to a backup folder and restore them whenever you like without having to go through messy files every time you want to start a new game.
 3) You can work on adding new girls or editing the old ones without the need of remembering with which pack the girl originally came.
 4) I just like having a system but that depends on each users preferences :)

About the .rgirlsx files, you open them under "Random Girl Data" of the editor. If you don't want to go through all the random girls addons, I can suggest this:

Download Moonchaos WM Mega Pack. I don't like the game edit myself but the random girls in that version are simply amazing. So, delete all the random girl data from the original game and addons, then open the .rgirlsx from Moonchaos's pack, find all the corresponding folders and copy them along with the .rgirlsx file (Edit the girls if you like) to the original game folder.

Last advice. Increase the "GirlMeet" in Config file to 55% or you will be meeting girls for like 2000 turns (long after the Slave Market is empty) after you install all packs. Items are also really easy to add so I suggest adding super expensive items (50k - 100k) to the shop that would max out Beauty/Charisma/Constitution and remove "Fragile and Sterile". That will allow you to spend money after you are well into the game, earning 100K+ per week and having 1mil+ that you otherwise cannot possibly spend is annoying.

Hope this helps you a bit  ;)
Like what we're doing?