Author Topic: My girls packs  (Read 32390 times)

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
Re: My girls packs
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 09:04:13 AM »
I altered the config file to show all shop item text as one colour. I disliked some of the advantages being able to see the rarity of buyable items, finding it to defeat the purpose in some cases. i.e. For cheap wine I made the good effects rarer than the bad, but if you can tell simply by the colour of the text it defeats the purpose. I didn't alter the colours of catacomb, scripted, or event rewards, only shop buyable items. It goes in resources\data. As always make a back up before replacing it in case you want to change it back.
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2011, 06:50:46 PM »
The Leela profile ani has been causing crashes for some reason. The game gets stuck while loading the XML for her sometimes when it's there. I couldn't solve the problem, so if using it I would suggest deleting it, and a new link without it has been posted.

I've been experimenting with making ani images from still images, such as story board type sets, the game really does not like them. I also tried making some from movie clips which I have had less problems with than any other type of starting point, but it takes a lot of work. Here's an example of ones made from a short video clip: http://www.mediafire.com/?3t8xczbz5zy7lll. It's a demon/succubus that I've been using in my Demon G2 pack. I would like some feedback on it, if enough people like it I'll consider adding some into future girl/update packs. If not I'll likely skip them and do any for myself at my own leisure because of the amount of work it takes using what I have to work with.

Please PM me with any suggestions on finding sites with videos where you can find videos of characters/series that are tagged as such, it would be appreciated. Even if they're just previews that last 5s-1m. The anis in the demon pack were made from video clips that I cut down to less than 5s and still deleted ~300 frames before converting it into a sprite.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 08:33:25 PM by Mak »
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 01:03:26 AM »
Edit: Tl;dr Hey everyone I'm back. If you don't like my ani's delete them. Here's an update for Asahina Mikuru.

I'm 'kind of' back. For now I'll probably just be slowly adding updates for the girls who came with the game download until I'm satisfied to drop it all in one pack to clean up my thread. I may fall pages behind again while doing so since I don't bump myself for update packs, but I date everything if you're waiting for a particular girl. Other than the demon girl and demon g2 I am going to attempt to update the randoms with the girls they were based on as to not have doubles of unique girls like many packs do. Cat girl I may make an exception and choose a specific cat girl, and dangerous girl may end up being a load of the main Claymore girls since art for a single girl from the series can be seemingly hard to come by.

For some of the more popular girls you may not see too much new stuff that wasn't already added, the purpose of this is to add it all in to one d/l for people who want to add to the original girls. i.e. I added most of Xela's Cammy White into my pack and may not add much if anything to it.

My personal touches you may notice are I try not to have too many recognisable people in my packs. If all of my girl's les customers are girls that work for me it's less interesting to me. A cut off head leaves more room for imagination (which I lack too much of to rely on with visible cues.) To others the extra pics or uncut pics may be preferable, in that case, take a look through. Don't blame me if you overwrite something you wanted, 2 clicks and 2 eyes (of your own) can decide for you better than I can. Also I try to remove all dupes, and focus on properly naming my pics.

Some girls may have several similar images in a row, I try to add storyboard type sets in a row and in order. It may be annoying or meaningless to some but I've been trying to make them into animated images; but starting with images instead of movies/gifs even if turned into gifs before making into sprites causes problems. I've been trying to solve this, but if the sets annoy you just delete the ones you don't want. I've been testing my animated images repeatedly, so if you find one causing an issue please tell me immediately. Only playing once and not repeating isn't a problem I can solve, it has something to do with the game and it changes at random. If the ani's annoy you or are causing problems such as the slowing down of loading, just delete the ani folder and the .ani files in the place of pics. It won't hurt the pack, it will just remove those from it. As of right now I'm not offering experiments in my packs, only .anis that worked for me without issues.

I don't have space/file size problems, if you do, Xela has tips as well as an easy to use program in My guide on creating Girls/Image packs. His guide can be very useful to people with little knowledge on handling girl's files. The stickies have great general info for handling packs as well. If you have any trouble after reading both, post/pm for help (not necessarily me, but I'll help with genuine inquiries of people who have read what's there.)

It's not much but as I was writing this I added an update pack for Asahina Mikuru for those interested.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 01:25:17 AM by Mak »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 03:53:04 AM »
For some of the more popular girls you may not see too much new stuff that wasn't already added, the purpose of this is to add it all in to one d/l for people who want to add to the original girls. i.e. I added most of Xela's Cammy White into my pack and may not add much if anything to it.

Maybe you can delete all (there were 2 or 3) "loli" pics from the original cause they kind of "ruin" the character (in my opinion).

My personal touches you may notice are I try not to have too many recognisable people in my packs. If all of my girl's les customers are girls that work for me it's less interesting to me. A cut off head leaves more room for imagination (which I lack too much of to rely on with visible cues.) To others the extra pics or uncut pics may be preferable, in that case, take a look through. Don't blame me if you overwrite something you wanted, 2 clicks and 2 eyes (of your own) can decide for you better than I can. Also I try to remove all dupes, and focus on properly naming my pics.

Some girls may have several similar images in a row, I try to add storyboard type sets in a row and in order. It may be annoying or meaningless to some but I've been trying to make them into animated images; but starting with images instead of movies/gifs even if turned into gifs before making into sprites causes problems. I've been trying to solve this, but if the sets annoy you just delete the ones you don't want. I've been testing my animated images repeatedly, so if you find one causing an issue please tell me immediately. Only playing once and not repeating isn't a problem I can solve, it has something to do with the game and it changes at random. If the ani's annoy you or are causing problems such as the slowing down of loading, just delete the ani folder and the .ani files in the place of pics. It won't hurt the pack, it will just remove those from it. As of right now I'm not offering experiments in my packs, only .anis that worked for me without issues.

It's not much but as I was writing this I added an update pack for Asahina Mikuru for those interested.

I wanted to try adding animations to my packs in separate downloads as well, I'll see if I can figure out how that's done...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 11:34:11 AM »
Maybe you can delete all (there were 2 or 3) "loli" pics from the original cause they kind of "ruin" the character (in my opinion).

If I haven't already, I'm sure I probably will before I upload anything.

I wanted to try adding animations to my packs in separate downloads as well, I'll see if I can figure out how that's done...

There's instructions along with a tool in docs&tools\Animated Images. I think I ended up solving any problems I had by searching .ani on the site. If you want any info on turning movies or storyboard stills into ani's, I'll help with what I can. I don't have a 'solid working method' yet, but I'm still working on it. Movie into anis seems to be working decently but stills aren't. No matter how I do it they seem to slow the game down and cause it to lag while loading.

I'm actually currently about to start messing with turning swf (games and movies) into avi as a starting point to see how that works as ani files.

I've also been finding the sprite quality seems to degrade rather rapidly, and I'm trying to find a way to avoid that without increasing the file size; the ani in my recent Asahina upload is a good example. It wasn't all blurry like it is when I made it. So far the only solution I could find is beyond my capability...that would be making the game recognize .png as well as .jpg.

For image handling I prefer Irfanview which you said you have. For making .gifs I've been using the microsoft GIF animator. To make sprites I use the tool that came with WM. Windows movie maker to cut videos down. Realplayer converter if the format isn't recognised by windows movie maker. The Sothink add-on for firefox recently for my swf experiments. Also I've owned FRAPS for years, I'm not sure of a freeware equivalent.

It can be a lot of work, but I like to see it as a way to add something unique. Though with the time I've had to do anything lately I'm lucky to contribute to the game at all lol. If you start with a gif, using the tool in WM, it's very little work to make an ani.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 11:38:50 AM by Mak »

Offline Anon21

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 11:47:35 AM »
making the game recognize .png as well as .jpg.

Should be easy enough. The game uses .png for the buttons, so I don't see why it can't be told to allow them for girl images as well.

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2011, 11:52:20 AM »
Should be easy enough. The game uses .png for the buttons, so I don't see why it can't be told to allow them for girl images as well.

That would be great, but then I'd start harrassing you to use a different uploader lol. For some reason my security programs completely block out the one you use. Might be easier to convince you to use mediafire than it would be to bypass my crap  :D

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 12:00:33 PM »
It can be a lot of work, but I like to see it as a way to add something unique. Though with the time I've had to do anything lately I'm lucky to contribute to the game at all lol. If you start with a gif, using the tool in WM, it's very little work to make an ani.

I'll try .ani when I have more time. There is a very good amount of "Movies" for most of the popular toons/anime that would make great animations for WM...
Like what we're doing?

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 12:34:20 PM »
I'm pretty sure the reason the game doesn't recognize .png is 'cause of how the game calls up the image catigory (which is why you can add .jpg to the file name or a .pgn image and it will recognize them). it searches for catigory.jpg as you can see from this

Code: [Select]
imagedir<<"Resources"<< "Characters"<<name;
    string numeric="123456789";
    string pic_types[]={"Anal*.jp*g","BDSM*.jp*g","Sex*.jp*g","Beast*.jp*g","Group*.jp*g","Les*.jp*g"
,"Preg*.jp*g","Death*.jp*g","Profile*.jp*g","PregAnal*.jp*g","PregBDSM*.jp*g","PregSex*.jp*g"
,"pregbeast*.jp*g","preggroup*.jp*g","pregles*.jp*g"};
    int i=0;

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 12:46:10 PM »
One of the issues is that PNG are often larger than JPEG but are easy to convert in batch... We could just as well add BMP, TIFF and RAW to the mix and release 500+ MB girl packs :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2011, 01:12:45 PM »
I would still stick to .jpegs for the normal pics (I think I have them set @ 70% quality which works fine for me.) I'ts just for the ani sprites that I'd like to use .png. .jpeg sprites seem to degrade on me really fast for some reason...haha, looking at my own words, maybe I should try saving the sprites as lossless .jpegs.

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2011, 02:38:22 AM »
Added versions of files that wouldn't work properly in Anon21's most current game version. This only covers his updates to the time of this post. If any other changes are needed I'll try to keep up. I will continue to date my updates and will note if added files are for his game version if/when I need to add changes. At this time I've added a fix for:
  • Naruto girlsx file
  • My Items
  • Merged Items
  • Config (Note that you will always want to back this one up before replacing it with mine in case I can't stay on top of his changes.)
Note that for items I tried to base the rarity on the value, with a few exceptions of being based on traits. I may have changed the value on a couple of the original items, if anyone notices something different in that respect please let me know so I can fix it.

Edit: I should mention that I set several original items harder to obtain from the catacombs than Anon21 did in his distributed items file. I may change it once I get far enough into the game to decide.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 04:51:53 AM by Mak »

Offline Geron

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2011, 09:29:16 PM »
Are some of the items, like the Aphrodite/Cleopatra items supposed to give an error in the WMEdit program?  (Looking at your Mak's Item only pack.)

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2011, 12:23:32 AM »
Are some of the items, like the Aphrodite/Cleopatra items supposed to give an error in the WMEdit program?  (Looking at your Mak's Item only pack.)

There will be WMEdit errors with my files that were altered for Anon21's game version. The editor isn't compatible with some of the aspects he's added and/or changed in the game. To look through or make changes you would have to use Note Pad/Note Pad ++.

Offline Geron

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2011, 12:49:32 AM »
Thanks, actually using Anon21's version now and I like to poke through the stuff I download.