Author Topic: Script editing  (Read 3518 times)

Offline moranester

Script editing
« on: August 19, 2011, 03:38:39 PM »
Hi,
I have a lot of idea to add thing to current scripts (the "(not yet working)" make me mad  :'( ).
But in order to work better i would like to only have to "compile" a text file to script file format.
Does someone as the script editor code ?
i badly think that it would be not so difficult to have a command line script that use the first parameter as input file to compile, and a second one to output script file name  8)
Thx for help !  ;)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Script editing
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 03:48:41 PM »
Hi,
I have a lot of idea to add thing to current scripts (the "(not yet working)" make me mad  :'( ).
But in order to work better i would like to only have to "compile" a text file to script file format.
i badly think that it would be not so difficult to have a command line script that use the first parameter as input file to compile, and a second one to output script file name  8)
Thx for help !  ;)

That was fixed long time ago... Use "Search" function.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Anon21

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 03:49:25 PM »
Hi,
I have a lot of idea to add thing to current scripts (the "(not yet working)" make me mad  ).
i badly think that it would be not so difficult to have a command line script that use the first parameter as input file to compile, and a second one to output script file name 
Thx for help !

I've looked at the script system, and it's pretty nasty (IMO). There is a (horrible) script editor that  you need to use to make / edit scripts. It's part of the standard distribution (wherever that is ;-).  Look for the Docs&Tools folder.

The script system is  part way through being changed to use LUA instead. I think it might be best to wait a couple of weeks and cross your fingers - it might get done yet.

Offline moranester

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 04:20:23 PM »
That was fixed long time ago... Use "Search" function.

I've seen that, but i wanna change this, and go from the "standard" version.
scripeditor is terrible  :-[
Would be a lot easier with editing wit a notepad++ and then compile the modification to script file format.

Offline moranester

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 04:26:50 PM »
I've looked at the script system, and it's pretty nasty (IMO). There is a (horrible) script editor that  you need to use to make / edit scripts. It's part of the standard distribution (wherever that is ;-).  Look for the Docs&Tools folder.

The script system is  part way through being changed to use LUA instead. I think it might be best to wait a couple of weeks and cross your fingers - it might get done yet.

I agree with you for the script system.
But even if it is not so easy, with it you could change the game without going through the code.
So it is not so bad  ::)
As i won't wait for lua, i will slowly begin with script editor...  :)